Days Inn Employee Reviews

Found 99 reviews matching the search See all 1,100 reviews
Fun workplace with good staff
BARMAID (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC27 June 2018
I had the chance to be barmaid before their bar had close. I met very funny people and had lot of fun. I've met some staff people that became my friend. They are giving very cheap training and the management is soso. Some staff people are gossiping a lot. Supervisor is very nice, she is very open to reconcile studies and work and is flexible on schedules. Several requested holidays have been authorized.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
good place to work, but no work - life balance in management
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB10 May 2018
This is a good place to work, however there is bad work-life balance. Schedules are hectic and management is not supportive. The culture is good, but upper management is very unsupportive.
Pros
Best Western Incentives
Cons
bad schedule
Unbelievable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON29 October 2018
The conditions for working were awful as well as the people who worked their were very rude, when the manager was told about this they said it was not their issue
Welcoming atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 November 2018
I loved how it was a second home to me. The management was amazing along with all the staff. It felt like a family in a huge home. Would recommend anyone to work here.
Great place to work wherr ive accomplished the best skills for great cleaning in the Hotel Industry
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 August 2018
In 1999 I started to work at Future Inn located in DART it was challenging meeting new people an the work wasn't a risk for me cause I've always enjoyed cleaning when I hit my early teens.In 2006 Future in became Days inn sol to Koreans I then became a employee for thst company this was a lil more challenging but I worked hard an remained there until it was closed down in 2015 so I believe in a good candidate for a cleaning position in this busuness
Pros
Lunch discounts an free bbq but we all worked as a fsmily
Cons
Sometimes long hrs no laundry dhortage of workers
loved this job
Offsale clerk an genral labory (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK9 December 2018
i miss this job but i had got tired of liveing in a old hotel room cause estevan houseing is so expensive. would go back if i could the staff is friendly an there waz all ways more hours availbe if you wanted them.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
dealing with drunk people
Interesting First Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 January 2018
Working at the Days Inn was a unique experience and will be remembered personally because it was my first job. Hours were varied in this job due to your time being linked to the number of rooms that needed to cleaned up new arrivals and occupied rooms that need maintenance. Working full time I'd work 9-5 some days but more often than not due to varying business ending work at 3-4 was the most common. If you want a job that's constant hourly than this isn't what you're looking for. Other than that the management team was excellent and very friendly, they were always willing to help made the job atmosphere awesome. Everyone was on good terms and kind so I enjoyed that lots, working together was fun and the teamwork aspect of this job was nice too. Also to take note this job is very demanding to do as you will be sweaty by the end of the day so it is important to be willing to work hard and fast because you need to complete a certain amount of rooms by the end of the day as well as helping maintain occupied rooms as well so things can get hectic. If you can keep up and manage your time well than you should be fine to handle this job.
Pros
Engaging, Active, Teamwork Skills, Builds Time Management, Excellent Management
Cons
Hours Fluctuate, Physically Demanding, Pressuring
Manager
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 December 2018
God opportunity to meet great people and gain some experience if not have any.
Good starting job to expand your horizon.
Days Inn Fallsview is a good company
Shady Staff, Always Hiring & Firing
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB8 November 2018
The job itself wasnt too bad, the people given to work with on the other hand make the work environment unbearable.Good hotel manager, less than great supervisors
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
unfair schedules
Enjoyed my job as laundry attndant, unhappy at the end, changing hours
Laundry attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 July 2018
Loading and unloading washers and dryers. Manual folding of all products, supply the shelves with fresh linen. Cleaning machines at end shift, clean laundry room, restock chemicals when required. Report status of machines, ie : need of repair, cleaning. Worked mostly afternoon shift during summer season, only staff in laundry. Work well with a team situation.
Good people to work with
Manager (Current Employee) –  High Level, AB24 May 2018
- Good owner
-Learning more
- Good to work this kind of place
-Management is wonderful
-Nothing to hard for this job
-The most enjoyble part for this job is dealing with customers.
Long
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK14 August 2018
Most housekeepers don't get paid enjf for all the work they do.
Most people don't relaize what the housekeeper has to go through and how much they clean up.
But this is a job that will always keep you busy and you never know what you will get the day is usually always filled with excitement
Good experience in housekeeping
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 August 2018
My typical day starts with cleaning and arranging rooms. It is a good experience for building cleaning skills but you have to keep up with the time.Overall, it gives you a lot of insights but you have to be quick and good as much as you can
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Fast paced
Nice place to work at but sometimes you turn up for work and work 1 hr and sent home because too many people were booked for the same shift.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 December 2015
When l work some days can be hectic and really need to increase my working pace to catch up and attend to the guests as fast as l can. I also learned management can be different they do not have the same approach or expectations in the working environment. Mostly you just have to learn on how to work and get along with whoever is on duty.
The hardest part of the job is when you are still learning and asking a lot of questions to really get to know what to ddo and how to do the job excellently some co workers are not patient all the time they will snap at you or belittle you.
Meeting different people from different parts of the world and also enjoying the benefits that comes with the job
Pros
you are given fluids to drink throughout the shift and sometimes meal
Cons
l dont mind working extra long hours
Friendly staff and guests
HouseKeeping (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 August 2018
The staff are friendly and amazing to work with, was defiantly a great overall experience. We had game days the housekeepers would play and could win small prizes
Great team work place
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg airport,Manitoba2 October 2017
A typical day at work is to maintain lot of patience along with mainitaining communication with the customers as well as co-workers with empathatic and tactic manner.
I have learned to manage stress,communication,to cope with changes,resolving disputes,to maintain higher level of customer satisfaction,achieving sales target of the day or month or year,helping people etc.
As per the management part,there is lack of chain of hierarchy,Performance appraisals,unorganized departments.
Workplace is kinda fine.Great team work.Most of the times co-workers ready to help each other.But due to lack of proper management sometimes employees get frustrated which affect overall performance of the work place.
I don't feel like there is any hardest part of the job as i think like if you really committed to get the job done with dedication then you can do it no matter how hard it can be.
Personally,I enjoy each and every moment at job because i feel like we choose the job and job don't choose as most of the time so you should enjoy what you choose.Specifically,I like to interact with people(guest or customers) and share experiences with them.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
no chances for growth or promotions
Stable and reliable workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC13 February 2018
The main shifts had faithful employees with consistent attendance. There was proper training for all employees and the management was diligent to correct any disputes within the workplace. Was a fairly straight forward job aside from them expecting everyone to maintain multiple areas at once such as conference rooms, front desk and a breakfast room.
productive place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 June 2018
really enjoyed the job, like the fact that i was responsible for all the guests through out the night, enjoyed the fact i worked alone with no supervision
Pros
interesting people
Cons
dealing with undesirable guests
Awesome experience
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 March 2018
I had fun working here. Was treated with respect all the time. Management was understanding to my situation and were flexible with my time. Wonderful.
Poor management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC14 June 2018
Worked there always felt on edge cause of the gossipy assistant manager decides she doesn’t like you your gone. Very clicky certainly don’t know how to value employees
Pros
Cons
all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Days Inn. Our community is ready to answer.