Days Inn

Days Inn Employee Reviews

Canada135 reviews
Fun place to work
fun place to work, can get the knowledge in hospitality industry and basic book keeping functions. great management and great team. best place the enter the hospitality industry.
Productive and Fun workplace
Professional House cleaning experience.
Prioritize task and time management skills.

Work quickly without compromising quality.

Passionate to learn new things.
Nice workplace
It was good to always have a constant work flow it made the day go by so fast.
Learned how to make beds at its top quality and the overall room was good

Everyone was so nice
Pros
Sometimes lunch was provided
Cons
Sore back
Days Inn & Suites - Brooks AB
Dictatorial, lazy, no customer service, no above and beyond attitude, Gross conflict of interest, No safeguarding of guest personal information, disorganized, horrible pay, horrible Manager,
Ask yourself how well can you cope with a toxic work environment if you are thinking of working here.
Would not advise
Unless you have a vehicle, and you are accepted in the clique, do not apply at this hotel.
No structure.

No proper mngmnt style whatsoever

Used+abused
Different for everyone
Days Inn's are independently owned, so I can only speak from the experience of the one in which I worked. The owners are terrible, the management doesn't care for their employees and I heard all kinds of racist and homophobic jokes from them and the staff. Other than that is a pretty typical front desk job.
Fun workplace
Very organized and friendly place to work all staff members are GREAT!!! I would recommend working for this company to anyone who loves to clean, great hours and pay.
Productive and fun work place
• To check in/check out guests in a friendly and professional manner ensuring accuracy of all information/billing and achieving standards
• Train front desk staff as per company policy and Brand standards

• To assign and review the work of front desk agents, also to ensure smooth flow of operation
former maintenance tech
working at DaysInn so essy, relax and friendly guest also. Planning to go back if ever theres a chance, the reason I lift there coz it was conflict to my DZ program.
Steady Location
Pro: the front desk management staff are amazing, get along with mostly all the staff. Staff get free food, have free use of the pool and exercise room.

Con: Way to much drama sometimes. No raises and no benefit program though and no enough hours to go around.
Face Paced, Team Orientated, Organizations Job
Working at Day's Inn was a unique 4 month experience where I learned how fast paced and go go go the job was though it was fun cleaning and maintaining stays and checkouts. I enjoyed my housekeeping manager who was always willing to assist whether it be with sheets on various floors or supplies which I couldn't get to right away she was always there to help by just a phone call away. I very much enjoyed working at the Days Inn only reason I had to leave was unfortunate family matters where my presence was needed elsewhere for family matters. Overall the job was fun, organized and I enjoyed it while i could.
Productive work schedule
Lots of training.....teamwork with fellow employees...fast paced work schedule...opportunity to advance with training provided . Hard work and physically demanding
Terrible place
Very few canadians work there . All Korean people working to get thier residency. Most all staff very lazy and always see everyone on thier phones .housekeeping supervisor is the worst for that. Place is run down and has now mould issues that are not being addressed. Housekeeping supervisor always call everyone wingnuts?!
Maid
I can't wrap my head around how poor our manager was. Just before I wuit, she was hovering over me like a hawk. Would yell at me when the rooms aren't clean in under 15 minutes.

Now lemme walk you through this. Each room has 2 beds, a night stand, drawer with tv and a bathroom. We have to strip and make the bed prestine with nursing folds to the sheets and thoroughly clean and dust the room along with THOROUGHLY CLEANING THE BATHROOM.

Now the funny thing is. It's stated it should take 3p minutes per roon unless trashed beyond belief, 45 minutes. I was getting yelled at for not having it cleaned and out in 15 minutes. My body was so messed up after this job I had to get acupuncture because the muscles in my bad and shpulders were so tense from stress and over pushing myself. Let alone I get yelled at for eating too so whatever.

If you go to days inn, please ask for your maids name and leave them a tip specifically to that maid because lord knows...

My manager tried taking awat a hefty tip I got. Literally ripped it out of my hand. The other housemaids are too much of a pushover to stand up to her that i finally snapped and told her off and quit.
It was a decent place to work.
It was an ok place to work. Split shift were aweful but the hours were nice. Good front desk staff and management was awesome. Older building but upkeep was good.
enjoyable work
enjoyable coworkers and staff
beautiful rooms and common areas

helpful supervisors

beautiful pool area

There is a warm up exercise in morning and learning opportunities.
Excellent place to work
Days inn Guelph was a excellent place to work, management was awesome.
Mostly part time work unless a big group or a big event was happening in guelph.
sometimes could be stressful but good overall
sometimes it could be stressful but good overall, just one or two of my co-workers are really nice and got my back the rest even talk behind my back!!
Fun place to work at
Very busy at times and it all depends on occupancy. When not busy, the hours are limited. Sometimes working a minimum of 4 hours a day which it is hard to make a living.
Great place to work.
excellent place to work and learn, managers and supervisors are super friendly and rescues you from every difficult situation when and where needed. Excellent team.
Worst workplace ever
I have been working for over 40 years and this was the worst place ever to work there. It wasn't too bad until they hired a new assistant manager. She would outright lie to people. She cut hours or fired those that didn't kiss her but. She was lazy and didn't know how to be a manager. She was mean and spent most of her time on her facebook. She only promoted people that were her friends or would take over a job that she could easily do. The Manager was always concerned about costs but would take food home, all the time, at great costs to the company. Both Manager and Assistant Manager put in very little hours. Not a good place to work for until they get proper Management.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours