Day & Ross
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Day & Ross Employee Reviews

Fast paced, stimulating.

There’s lots of room for advancement, lots of interesting positions available from time to time. There can be a lot of pressure to get your work done on time but the pay is half decent. Work culture is not the best. Lots of employees with poor attitudes that are not kept in check.

The place and management is a joke

The place is a joke no responsibility and management is a joke I would never recommend anyone to ever work there no respect and care for there employees.

Cons

It's a joke of a place to work for

Workplace is very perfect

I feel very happy and good with work inDay&Ross. Every worker is very supportive as well as manager and supervisor is very supportive and very nice nature at all

Okay if you need to pay bills while you look elsewhere.

Most of the people who work there are nice,A typical day at work is busting your behind off, dealing with customers' dirty parts returns. Repair ripped or torn packages. Constantly stack empty pallets, totes. Deal with recyclables.The work is very dry and demanding. Eventually you can't wait to get out of the place.

Pros

Paid each week

Cons

The work itself and the hours.

Old equipments and old style management

You have to drive your brokers truck which are old and pethetic. 1.5 million kms and above . Most of the time a driver have to drop the truck to mechanic and pick up. Most of their runs are to north of ontario. An average company. Lack of respect for drivers.

Pros

Dedicated routes

Cons

Bad management, stressful situation, old equipment.

Sales staff and Management were great.

Management were very supportive, despite the expectations. Co-workers were helpful with insites and advice when asked. Some operations staff weren't very cooperative, but most were terrific.

Pros

Expense account, Salary and bonuses were competitive, great pension.

Cons

Mandatory Retirement @ 65

No comment

Management is very poor, and very inexperienced for a company of that size employees concerns are not heard or addressed I would like to make note of the driver recruiting department is extremely professional and the dock operations is effective

Poor Management

Was hired for a dock supervisor. No training was provided. Learn on your own. Poor management in terms of guidance and communication. Do not recommend anyone applying for a position higher than a supervisor.

Cons

Long hours, no overtime pay.

Good place depending on department

Held a few positions while working here. Moved office space 4 different times in 3 years. They will disolve your position without warning and force senior staff to relocate to fill the position they just removed from corporate headquarters.

Pros

pizza party once or twice a year

Cons

might not have a job as it's been moved to different facility

Environnement agréable

Environnement de travail est bon, amical, confiance mutuel.

Pros

Bien situé.

Cons

Encombrement de marchandise qui réduit l'espace de travail

Trailer Technician

It’s is a big international company and I feel good to work with this colleague are well experienced and love to work as a technician to fixed the problems and troubleshooting

Atrocious place to work!

The corner brook terminal in Newfoundland is a complete joke from top to bottom. Both managers have no experience in management, will not work with the employees in special circumstances and they refuse to pay overtime. You will work short staffed and be expected to finish the same amount of work in the same time. Need a day off? Well you're not getting it here. Total refusal to give employees what they are entitled to. I personally would starve before I went to work back there. Stay away people. It's nowhere near with it!

Pros

Cons

Absolutely everything

Terrible management, slack on safety

The hours are ok, ot occasionally. Lazy supervisors and management. Don't care about safety issues, there are many. You will get fired for complaining about them if you try to go above the ops managers head. I liked several people there and enjoyed the job, but would not go back unless that ops manager was fired.

Pros

Fast paced, not boring

Cons

Management and supervisors, safety issues

Management provided me the tools I needed in order to work independently and as a team.

As the equipment operator, I was tasked with unloading, sorting and loading delivery trucks. Work shift was (Mon.-Fri.) 3 AM - 11AM. Overall management was very supportive and invested the time to build employee personal development. Despite being in a fast-paced working environment, co-workers presented a collaborative and relaxed approach when working through day to day tasks. Great company to work for!

Seemed great

Very poor training and poor communication Management thinks you should be on their level just starting out and doesn't realize some things take longer because you aren't involved daily with certain aspects of the business

Pros

clean environment

Cons

Management seriously lacks personality and nurturing

Très apprécié

Très bien considéré salaire avantageux équipement en ordre camion attitré service de dépannage très bien belle entreprise bon millages

Pros

Bonne équipement bon service

Cons

L’anglais

Great Staff and a Fun Time in the office

Being in Spot Quotes, this was my first ever office job. In my department, we have great leadership with our amazing department manager and supervisors, and they take the time to get to know us and are always willing to help us out where need be. Being in the office, even if most of our department is still working from home due to Covid-19, all of us are able to bounce off each other for things that we need, and sometimes as a treat we will bring food in. Sometimes, however, we do get long wait times when we have system issues, however we all work diligently to make sure that the calls are taken care of. Another thing that is enjoyable about this job is, as long as you are willing to learn, you will always be given opportunities to learn new things, new systems, etc. Day & Ross Inc, is one of the best places to work for, in my personal opinion. It's great, and I have no complaints at all.

Pros

Excellent Management, Rewarding Atmosphere, Opportunities for Success

Cons

Occasional Angry Customers due to Long Wait Times

Structured

Great spot to gain experience.. good staff with lots of knowledge. Not a lot of room for advancement if your skilled at a certain task. Clean/ modern working spaces

Pros

Surrounded by knowledge

Cons

Very busy

Very toxic

Very toxic work environment Confused management always telling at you Everyone is miserable Overworked They don't care about you only getting the packaging loaded and delivered Everyone is toxic it's like highschool it's more of a popularity contest instead of professionalism They will talk about you behind your back so be prepared lots of drama Stay away

Pros

Cons

Long hours, stress, tense environment

Work experience was good

Good company for owner operator and for drivers as well. I will recommend this company for work. Very good for owner operator. They pay good and give you good miles

Pros

Working environment

Cons

Some time waiting

Broker, Owner Operator

I began working with Day & Ross through a Broker. I enjoyed my work and always gave my best. After a few years with this Broker, I purchased my own truck and rapidly became the best Owner/Operator Day & Ross had. I would recommend Day & Ross to anyone interested in being a part of their family.

Pros

Hard work always paid off.

Cons

Bad weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Day & Ross. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement