Dawson Group

Dawson Group Employee Reviews

Too few positives to outweigh the negatives

The work was fun and engaging while the pay and benefits were excellent. However, the internal politics and backstabbing are constant and the new management team only made it worse. Before you had a expectation that someone else would try to make you look worse to make them look better. Now it's encouraged from senior leadership.

Was a good company, new management ruined it

It was an great company to work for with great people, decent wage and pension, and good direct managers. But unfortunately upper management changed and the company went spinning down hill faster than i have ever seen, all the lower managers quit, and most of the employees left and no one is left with any experence, all due to one individual in upper management who "can do no wrong" i wouldent deal with them as a company, bring my trucks there, or work for them in any department, they also cant pay bills so be prepaired to be scolded by outside venders and constant phone calls of companys wanting there money. Until the upper management wakes up work elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Upper management

Great atmosphere, fun place to work

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Dawson Civil, I’ve gained so much experience on equipment that I never dreamed of operating, I highly recommend to anyone, Dawson Civil is Top Shelf !

Pros

Great atmosphere, management helpful and very fair to employees

Cons

Very disappointed in company direction , miss leading values

Moving forward ? This company has spiralled just saying All the department managers have quit and as well as of most of the seasoned technicians in Kamloops The few remaining voted the union in place so that speaks volumes how the place is run , this just doesn’t happen without a reason . Penticton also certified and all thanks to one individual. Was certainly a people first establishment before new management implemented. Very sad

Benefits

Cons

Not a great place to work

Immediate manager awesome. 5 years employed never met management at big office. No company get togethers. Truly an employee number. I would walk past management folks from main office on the street as have never been introduced or met these people . Very detached company from front line workers

Pros

Good immediate supervisor

Cons

Never appreciation from up the management chain

Unorganized management lack of communication

The lack of communication is incredible. The pay straight across the board is way below standard, unless your management. The benefit plan is a complete nightmare. And the BCGEU union that you pay hundreds of dollars a month too,is as useless as they come. And unless you are management there is no way to get away from the union.

Poor management

Management are bullies. Do not treat staff well... very rude.. no training is provided to employees... it’s all about upper management, no raise in 3 years.. worse company I have ever worked for

Moving forward

I have been employed for 3 months and so far I have seen a great group of people trying to move the business forward. If you want to be part of change this is a good place to be right now. A lot of opportunity for someone who wants to show them what you are made of. The management teams are always looking for new opportunities and willing to support.

They offer you full/part time position, but you arent full/parr rime.

No benefits, no nothing, the full time employees they do have are lazy incompetentl whime qhen they have ro work and do a half a@@ job. I do not recomend working traffic control for this company. You clean out houses and pick up road kill for minimum wage..

Your just a number

This company does not value their people. You will be thrown away once they are done with you.. they will pressure you to do work outside of your job description. They will treat you like garbage.. I do not recommend this company unless you are desperate for work..

Great company

Excellent company to work for great pay and benefits and the chance to travel bc and see things not many people get to see and still have a work life balance

Productive work with truck driving

Productive days keep me busy. I meet new people in the business which is always enjoyable. I realize it is tough to get in due to the old timers who have had those jobs for a lifetime. My most enjoyable part of the job is driving because it is what I love to do.

Pros

Love the challenge to work with new people who are willing to work with me.

Cons

People who have been there awhile. Look down on new people. It would be nice to be given a chance.

Fun fullfilling job

long hours and hard work mixed in with the kamloops climate made for some tough gruelling days, but if you are into a fullfilling days work and like having a sense of pride in the work youve done then this is the place for you

Pros

alright pay, on the job training

Cons

hot gruelling work

Old school

Nice place to work ...But there is a old guys (re full timers )that fill there above you ,,,they should give limed benfits too season works and offer more training

Pros

Easy work

Cons

No befites

pent menay of good years thear

Dawson was a great company to work with my fater spent menay of good years thear. .... management treated me with respect and always receive adicwit training. This is one company I would love to return to and grow with

Great place to work.

Hard working well experienced people. Safety is always first. If you don't know how to do something they do a great job teaching. Lots of opportunity for over time hours as well.

Pros

Long weekends off

Safe workplace

Safe workplace with some benefits and job security. Little chance for advancement. The chilcotin area is interesting to work in with very varied climate so can be challenging as a work place.

Good opportunity to make good money

As a materials tester I took samples of hot asphalt and sand and gravel samples. We would work out of a small trailer style lab which were always hot. You usually would work out of town.

Good company

Interior Roads is a good company. It offers steady seasonal work with great wages and benefits for full-time permanent employees. However, the chances of advancement is practically nil. There are by far too many employees who should have retired long ago (after 30 - 40 years) to allow for the upcoming young people to advance.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Next to no chance to advance

OK owner not present in day to day

Co workers are mostly friendly Hardest part of job is keeping others to act professionally Most enjoyable is dealing with the Customers

Pros

wages

Cons

absentee owner

A great place to be.

I learned a lot of important information about highway maintenance, how to care for the environment and realized a day at work with them is a hard days work for everybody.

Pros

A good pay is to work all day everyday and on weekends if needed.

Cons

Unprepared is not exceptable and tardiness is a no-no.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dawson Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement