Dawson Group

Dawson Group Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
The work was fun and engaging while the pay and benefits were excellent. However, the internal politics and backstabbing are constant and the new management team only made it worse. Before you had a expectation that someone else would try to make you look worse to make them look better. Now it's encouraged from senior leadership.
The lack of communication is incredible. The pay straight across the board is way below standard, unless your management. The benefit plan is a complete nightmare. And the BCGEU union that you pay hundreds of dollars a month too,is as useless as they come. And unless you are management there is no way to get away from the union.
Management are bullies. Do not treat staff well... very rude.. no training is provided to employees... it’s all about upper management, no raise in 3 years.. worse company I have ever worked for
I have been employed for 3 months and so far I have seen a great group of people trying to move the business forward. If you want to be part of change this is a good place to be right now. A lot of opportunity for someone who wants to show them what you are made of. The management teams are always looking for new opportunities and willing to support.
No benefits, no nothing, the full time employees they do have are lazy incompetentl whime qhen they have ro work and do a half a@@ job. I do not recomend working traffic control for this company. You clean out houses and pick up road kill for minimum wage..
This company does not value their people. You will be thrown away once they are done with you.. they will pressure you to do work outside of your job description. They will treat you like garbage.. I do not recommend this company unless you are desperate for work..
Excellent company to work for great pay and benefits and the chance to travel bc and see things not many people get to see and still have a work life balance
Productive days keep me busy. I meet new people in the business which is always enjoyable. I realize it is tough to get in due to the old timers who have had those jobs for a lifetime. My most enjoyable part of the job is driving because it is what I love to do.
Pros
Love the challenge to work with new people who are willing to work with me.
Cons
People who have been there awhile. Look down on new people. It would be nice to be given a chance.
long hours and hard work mixed in with the kamloops climate made for some tough gruelling days, but if you are into a fullfilling days work and like having a sense of pride in the work youve done then this is the place for you
Pros
alright pay, on the job training
Cons
hot gruelling work
Nice place to work ...But there is a old guys (re full timers )that fill there above you ,,,they should give limed benfits too season works and offer more training
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No befites
Dawson was a great company to work with my fater spent menay of good years thear. .... management treated me with respect and always receive adicwit training.
This is one company I would love to return to and grow with
Hard working well experienced people. Safety is always first. If you don't know how to do something they do a great job teaching. Lots of opportunity for over time hours as well.
Pros
Long weekends off
Safe workplace with some benefits and job security. Little chance for advancement. The chilcotin area is interesting to work in with very varied climate so can be challenging as a work place.
As a materials tester I took samples of hot asphalt and sand and gravel samples. We would work out of a small trailer style lab which were always hot. You usually would work out of town.
Interior Roads is a good company. It offers steady seasonal work with great wages and benefits for full-time permanent employees. However, the chances of advancement is practically nil. There are by far too many employees who should have retired long ago (after 30 - 40 years) to allow for the upcoming young people to advance.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Next to no chance to advance
Co workers are mostly friendly
Hardest part of job is keeping others to act professionally

Most enjoyable is dealing with the Customers
Pros
wages
Cons
absentee owner
I learned a lot of important information about highway maintenance, how to care for the environment and realized a day at work with them is a hard days work for everybody.
Pros
A good pay is to work all day everyday and on weekends if needed.
Cons
Unprepared is not exceptable and tardiness is a no-no.
Various work days which kept it interesting and motivated to get up and go to work each day. Many opertunities to re educate of keep certificates updated , management was fair, the hardest part of the job was.... the physical aspects and strenghts that were required. The most enjoyable past was a woman operating equipment and being respected for it.
Pros
Opertunities to grow
Cons
Unorganization
The job wasn't too bad, but the company didn't treat their employees very good. just a pawn in a chess game!
Pros
employment
send crew to work, help them out if required. Currently 3 co-workers, hard not to be bored because of length of time worked and familiarity,no room to advance.