Dawson College

Dawson College Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
better quality of life
Better quality of life with extensive benefits. Paid vacations. Busier during exam periods. Regular 8-4 work shift. Paid Overtime. Unionized environment with work stability.
Bien dans l ensemble
Excellent comme formation pour les futurs universitaires
Dawson is a great place to work. I've gathered a lot of skills working at Dawson. Great people, fun atmosphere. They respect employees. I will work with them again in the future.
Gaining Experience Coordinating the Event
This job consisted of weekly meetings. Discussing with groups what they accomplished and what else is on their list to do.

I learned that communication is important in order to see advancement.

The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone met their deadline and not exceeding the budget.

The most enjoyable part was seeing the end project accomplished.

The workplace culture was very positive and ambitious.
Positive work environment with opportunities for advancement.
The College is a physically attractive work place with a beautiful campus, excellent facilities, and centrally located.

For those who wish to contribute to students’ education, it is a very rewarding work place.

The College is well-managed and is an incredibly dynamic, multi-cultural environment.

The College makes every effort to remain on the cutting edge of education.
Amazing job to start or maintain
This job is amazing is so many ways , I'd miss it more if I listed all of them. Not enough hours given but not alot of work to do if your part time. Great for students and people looking for a secondary job while studying.
Pros
Great
Cons
Short shifts
Student job
I do believe you have to be in the illustration program in order to get this job, but if you do, it’s great! If you are organized you can get your homework done, book the model and enjoy the sessions. This is a student job so don’t expect a weekly pay it’s given at the end of the tearm. The job teaches you how to schedule models and set up model platforms.
Pros
Free drawing sessions that you can’t procrastinate on
Cons
No weekly pay
Dawson college
Dawson College is located in Westmount and is a very diverse institution. I love the fact that it is always acknowledged that the college is built on the First Nations' land.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dawson College?
It was a student job.
Ut was a student job so there isn't much to say about it. I was tutoring students and I was getting paid. The pay wasn't great, but it also gave me credits.
Dawson College is an excellent Community college
Dawson College has an excellent faculty and a student body from extremely diverse backgrounds. Teachers are very competent and the culture inclusive.

The College is truly multi-cultural place and its work carries on within a city that is increasingly diverse as well. It has already produced figures of distinction among its graduates -- I expect that many more will follow in the years to come.
Pros
Rich diversity of every kind
Fun to be around young people at a hopeful point in life
Hardest part of the job - having to refuse students admission, or tell them they lack the grades or prerequisites for their desired university program... or having to explain to a student that they've been expelled.

The most enjoyable part of the job -- helping to launch young people on their path to become doctors, artists, teachers, lawyers, engineers... Also helping a student to see the options available to them when they are in a program to which they feel unsuited -- and watching the relief cross their features.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
very little down time at any point in the year in my particular department
Not what expected
Extremely chaotic environment. Chaos adds/complicates simplest of tasks.Bullyish,abusive managers who don't understand what is required on a day to day basis to get some tasks done. Inadequate training & support. Co-workers are nice but understand full impact of their input on your jobs, which adds to chaos.
Dawson is a warm place to work
I was treated with respect from start to finish, and my contract ended and the position with it or I would still be working there to this day. I highly recommend it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Big bureaucracy
Working with student and faculty members on campus
Love teaching and assisting teachers with labs and attending staff meeting doing presenting and hand on lab training.
Being on site with students in the hospital setting for clinical training
Pros
To know that you have pass on your knowledge and expertise, helping students successfully graduate as x-ray technologist
Cons
The stress involve in helping students who might be having difficulty
Liberté
En tant que tutrice pour d'autres élèves j'ai beaucoup de liberté et cela me permets également de travailler avec une sorte de clientèle.
Easy and helpful
Was an easy way to help other students as well as myself. The college provided all material needed for notes (if needed). .
Quiet and busy shifts.
You never really get bored because there is a lot of stuff in the closet. It is quiet because you do it when there are not any classes there. The teachers are happy about the space when it is cleaning, it allows them to get props out easily.
Good Experience
It was a simple student job that allowed me to make a little bit of money in my free time. It also allowed to help others and to continue learning in a way a classroom can not teach. It was a good job in good environment, the employers were very nice and always there to help with any issues. Although you are being paid, it is not a job you do for money, the pay is minimum and not always consistent since it relies on how many times you meet with a tutee.
Pros
Meet different people, great learning experience and great employers
Cons
Inconsistent pay checks
For such a large institution, the staff are generally very amiable and supportive. A fun bunch of people on a social level. Advancement is difficult and not always supported by administration.
Pros
direct metro access
Cons
difficult to advance in a unionized environment
great student job
No complaints, was the best job a full time student could ask for, great job, great perks and great pay. Helped me really strive through my college years.
Good for students
Great for students who are studying full time as you get to create your own schedule and how much you want to work every week. People are very nice and quite organized.