Dawn Foods
Dawn Foods Employee Review

productive with medium stress

17 July 2019
Since the lot of equipment used in the production Bakery Product production process is old and floor work force are resistive to the change to new process techniques that was the challenge to the management and in turn it causes more stress on the maintenance and technical team to keep up the old type equipment to meet the production targets. For start up guys it may be good place for learning food and bakery process plant typically how it works traditionally. But any how it is not applicable for the ware house because i believe Down food closed their production process in GTA area and only maintaining the ware house..
3.0Job security/advancement
23 April 2020
process/production cook (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
This was without a doubt the best company I ever worked for in my life. Management was supportive and listened to concerns. Encouraged to think of better or more efficient ways to complete tasks, bonuses if they were adopted. Better benefits than most unionized companies. Many people had worked there for their entire career, great coworkers.
24 October 2013
Same location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - Toronto Ont.
A typical work day at Dawn Foods was mostly consisting of order entry, inventory control, responding to both sales rep and customer inbound calls and insuring all orders for the day were shipped promptly. I learned the value of a efficient customer service department. In my opinion it is the back bone of almost any company. Management was exceptional, a family type environment was created mostly due to management's approach to their respective departments. My co-workers were great, I had developed friendships with most in my department. The hardest part of the job would have to of been dealing with mistakes that you weren't responsible for. Often times shipments were late or wrongly packed due to a mistake either in the shipping department or the logistics company required to deliver the order. Ironically enough the most enjoyable part of the job was rectifying those very issues.
Pros
great company culture
Cons
Handeling and solving issues that were out of your control
10 October 2012
Same location
Senior Project Engineering Manager-International (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
International engineering leadership, ability to operate multiple projects in different countries at the same time, building a strong engineering /maintenance team.
Pros
new challenges
Cons
70% of my time travelling
  1. productive with medium stress