Dawn Foods

Dawn Foods Employee Reviews

Seeing your customers on a daily and weekly basis. Showing them knew product, taking orders. You learn from your customers and listen to what they do for a living and ask questions, they love to tell you what they do nd are very proud. The shortest are hard to deal with, one head office is in Calgary and that's along way to Toefield. Enjoyable part again is seeing the customers. Love to cold call.
This was without a doubt the best company I ever worked for in my life. Management was supportive and listened to concerns. Encouraged to think of better or more efficient ways to complete tasks, bonuses if they were adopted. Better benefits than most unionized companies. Many people had worked there for their entire career, great coworkers.
Large multi-national company that has the potential to be market leader but lacks direction from management team to achieve potential. Internal departments compete against each other leading to conflicts.
Terrific place to work ! Good culture, phenomenal hours. Easy to many or pick up shifts. Option to work on weekends and good holiday pays as well.....
Since the lot of equipment used in the production Bakery Product production process is old and floor work force are resistive to the change to new process techniques that was the challenge to the management and in turn it causes more stress on the maintenance and technical team to keep up the old type equipment to meet the production targets. For start up guys it may be good place for learning food and bakery process plant typically how it works traditionally. But any how it is not applicable for the ware house because i believe Down food closed their production process in GTA area and only maintaining the ware house..
Employees are nice and helpful. The company provides training/seminars to get the work done. Good benefits and they provide assistance to their employee.
Was at mustang for almost 2 years. I worked in the afternoon and enjoyed it. The hours allowed me to have more time during the day to spend at home and get things done.
Fast paced work environment very little possible advancement. Work on production line. Repetitive work all day cold work environment.discount on product produced
Pros
Discount products
Cons
Company went bankrupt
Shows concern with the employees. They are strict with food standards. They are very professional. Not very good in efficiency and waste management.
Pros
Concern to employees
Cons
Inefficient
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dawn Foods?
I worked with little supervision I was able to handle most situations I was trusted to work independently Management was good to me I wish they did not have to relocate
Cons
the relocation was too far for me
I enjoyed work with other workers. They taught me how to decorate a cake and other stuffs. I learned a lots of changes from a new management. They taught us about more improvements and challenges.
Pros
Free foods
Cons
short-term periods
The hours suitable for my situation. I learned about decorated, scaling, filling, packing, and etc. The management is fair and good. Comfortable environment but noisy. The hardest part of job is lifting and cold, but I enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
lifting too much
Getting promoted was great. The culture was good when it was enforced. My managers were helpful and fair. It was a busy environment and a lot of long hours. I continued learning how to lead and appreciate working with teams. How to let things go to achieve success for the greater good. I appreciate all who came into my sphere, because they make me a better person and someone who accepts what I have.
Pros
Some flexibility on time
Cons
A typical work day at Dawn Foods was mostly consisting of order entry, inventory control, responding to both sales rep and customer inbound calls and insuring all orders for the day were shipped promptly. I learned the value of a efficient customer service department. In my opinion it is the back bone of almost any company. Management was exceptional, a family type environment was created mostly due to management's approach to their respective departments. My co-workers were great, I had developed friendships with most in my department. The hardest part of the job would have to of been dealing with mistakes that you weren't responsible for. Often times shipments were late or wrongly packed due to a mistake either in the shipping department or the logistics company required to deliver the order. Ironically enough the most enjoyable part of the job was rectifying those very issues.
Pros
great company culture
Cons
Handeling and solving issues that were out of your control
Mornings started very busy preparing bank deposit once completed, applying payments and answering incoming calls setting up accounts for sales rep along with covering receptions break and lunch. I learned mostly time management while in this position. Management were very accomindating and professional, we had an open door policy relationship with our manager. The hardest part of the job was tending to all the customers needs at once but by the end of the day everyone was taken care of. Most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers we worked as a team.
Pros
Summer time BBQ
Cons
Month End
this is my first and last job,to having a job is the most enjoyable part of my life because i can sacrifice everything for my family im sad DAWN FOOD is closed last year
Fun workplace,good management,for me,there is no part of my work is hard coz i really enjoy my job and enjoy working with my coworkers.
International engineering leadership, ability to operate multiple projects in different countries at the same time, building a strong engineering /maintenance team.
Pros
new challenges
Cons
70% of my time travelling
- Good Communication between manager & co-workers- working with energetic people makes the workplace fun and easy
working at Dawn was a very interesting experience.meeting the people I met while working there.The challenges I faced and overcome there.Sense of a achievement when goals or deadline are met.I thank Dawn for the years I was able to work as a part of their team and wish them the best in the future.
Pros
learned alot of skills.
Cons
company closed its operation.
All busy in times of many orders,I learned many things about baking cakes,muffins and coffee cakes.The management is quite good.My co workers have different attitudes,there are some who are not hard working,but mostly,are hard workers,we always work as ateam.The hardest part f the job is when we were working,there are times that we're running out some of our stuffs in the production.The most enjoyable part was that if we finished early and well done with our peoduction.
Pros
free cakes sometimes
  1. Employee reviews