Dawn Foods Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
REPLENISHMENT BUYER/INVENTORY PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 May 2019
Employees are nice and helpful. The company provides training/seminars to get the work done. Good benefits and they provide assistance to their employee.
good place to work
Invoicing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2019
Was at mustang for almost 2 years. I worked in the afternoon and enjoyed it. The hours allowed me to have more time during the day to spend at home and get things done.
Production work
Commis à la production alimentaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2018
Fast paced work environment very little possible advancement. Work on production line. Repetitive work all day cold work environment.discount on product produced
Pros
Discount products
Cons
Company went bankrupt
Inefficient
Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 December 2017
Shows concern with the employees. They are strict with food standards. They are very professional. Not very good in efficiency and waste management.
Pros
Concern to employees
Cons
Inefficient
Productive place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 September 2016
I worked with little supervision
I was able to handle most situations
I was trusted to work independently
Management was good to me
I wish they did not have to relocate
Cons
the relocation was too far for me
Productive is good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2016
I enjoyed work with other workers. They taught me how to decorate a cake and other stuffs. I learned a lots of changes from a new management. They taught us about more improvements and challenges.
Pros
Free foods
Cons
short-term periods
I enjoyed production because I learned a lots
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,Manitoba9 January 2016
The hours suitable for my situation. I learned about decorated, scaling, filling, packing, and etc. The management is fair and good. Comfortable environment but noisy. The hardest part of job is lifting and cold, but I enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
lifting too much
The people and culture were good. No place for advancement in Canada.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario9 November 2013
Getting promoted was great. The culture was good when it was enforced. My managers were helpful and fair. It was a busy environment and a lot of long hours.
I continued learning how to lead and appreciate working with teams. How to let things go to achieve success for the greater good.

I appreciate all who came into my sphere, because they make me a better person and someone who accepts what I have.
Pros
Some flexibility on time
Cons
enjoyable work place with co-workers that i really got along with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ont.24 October 2013
A typical work day at Dawn Foods was mostly consisting of order entry, inventory control, responding to both sales rep and customer inbound calls and insuring all orders for the day were shipped promptly. I learned the value of a efficient customer service department. In my opinion it is the back bone of almost any company. Management was exceptional, a family type environment was created mostly due to management's approach to their respective departments. My co-workers were great, I had developed friendships with most in my department. The hardest part of the job would have to of been dealing with mistakes that you weren't responsible for. Often times shipments were late or wrongly packed due to a mistake either in the shipping department or the logistics company required to deliver the order. Ironically enough the most enjoyable part of the job was rectifying those very issues.
Pros
great company culture
Cons
Handeling and solving issues that were out of your control
Great atmosphere treated co-workers like family
Cash Applications Clerk/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 July 2013
Mornings started very busy preparing bank deposit once completed, applying payments and answering incoming calls setting up accounts for sales rep along with covering receptions break and lunch. I learned mostly time management while in this position. Management were very accomindating and professional, we had an open door policy relationship with our manager. The hardest part of the job was tending to all the customers needs at once but by the end of the day everyone was taken care of. Most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers we worked as a team.
Pros
Summer time BBQ
Cons
Month End
productive and fun
BAKER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2013
this is my first and last job,to having a job is the most enjoyable part of my life because i can sacrifice everything for my family im sad DAWN FOOD is closed last year
Organized Production
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Winnipe,MB9 November 2012
Fun workplace,good management,for me,there is no part of my work is hard coz i really enjoy my job and enjoy working with my coworkers.
enjoy working and new challenges
Senior Project Engineering Manager-International (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2012
International engineering leadership, ability to operate multiple projects in different countries at the same time, building a strong engineering /maintenance team.
Pros
new challenges
Cons
70% of my time travelling
Productive & Fun Workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2012
- Good Communication between manager & co-workers
- working with energetic people makes the workplace fun and easy
interesting place to work.
GROUP LEADER/ PROCESS OPERATOR. (Former Employee) –  ETOBICOKE,ON13 August 2012
working at Dawn was a very interesting experience.meeting the people I met while working there.The challenges I faced and overcome there.Sense of a achievement when goals or deadline are met.I thank Dawn for the years I was able to work as a part of their team and wish them the best in the future.
Pros
learned alot of skills.
Cons
company closed its operation.
Productive,with nice working place
Production Employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 August 2012
All busy in times of many orders,I learned many things about baking cakes,muffins and coffee cakes.The management is quite good.
My co workers have different attitudes,there are some who are not hard working,but mostly,are hard workers,we always work as ateam.
The hardest part f the job is when we were working,there are times that we're running out some of our stuffs in the production.
The most enjoyable part was that if we finished early and well done with our peoduction.
Pros
free cakes sometimes
Cons
Difficult place to work in
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC19 June 2012
A typical day included mixing the batters, pumping the batter into the pans and then baking. Learned safety proceedures in the work place, unfortunately the plant was poorly managed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the quality control personnel who insisted we record everything, which made it difficult to do our other jobs properly.
Pros
free lunches when we had to work on weekends
Cons
early start time
Very nice company to work for but downsizing the canada location to USA
Bilingual Credit Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada17 May 2012
The best company i ever worked for! Management was great no micro managers friendly and fun! I have a fantastick boss and coworkers
Great place to work, good balance, good people
Facility Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg Mb.15 November 2011
150 people all in good moods, everyday. Wonderful environment, good support, computer skills are necessary, have to have a large skill base to be really good at this job.
Pros
good people
Cons
subordinate training could be better.