Davis Automotive Group logo
Davis Automotive Group
View all Davis Automotive Group reviews

Davis Automotive Group

Davis Automotive Group Employee Review

Best employer in the automotive industry by far

I have found it hard to find a place of employment where I sincerely enjoy coming to work everyday....until now. The Davis Auto Group sure knows how to take care of their work family, whether it be through all the various employee activities to community involvement even to the benefits plan, they always keep the employees best interest in mind. It's by no small means that they have achieved "Best Employer in Canada" for so many years now, they know how to learn and adapt to their growing employees needs. They also recognize that without their employees, they wouldn't be where they are today, so they aren't afraid to invest time and money into developing the skills & knowledge of their staff, very encouraging to see.

Pros

Benefit Plan, Community Involvement, Social Activities, Employee Devleopment

Cons

Work Life Balance, Wages for Administrative Staff, Vacation/Sick Days

5.0Job security/advancement

Terrible company

If you do decide to work at Davis , make sure you suck up to the higher ups or your job won’t last. Don’t out perform the previous employees they don’t think that are you will be let go.

Pros

Some employees are nice

Cons

Egos, cliques, rumours, judgment

Official response from Davis Automotive Group

20 February 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience with Davis. We strive to provide a positive employee experience and have been recognized as Best Employer in Canada based on the feedback our employees provide and we regret that we didn't live up to those expectations here. If you are open to discussing your experience further, please call us at 403-942-8060 and ask to speak with Human Resources as we are always looking for opportunities to learn and improve based on feedback we receive.

Do not apply here.

Not a good company to work for. They preach family atmosphere, teamwork, friendly. Not in my experience. Bullying on the job constantly, no backup or resolution. Department manager on huge ego trip. Staff/ co workers very unfriendly and cliquey. No room to advance skills. Do not recommend working here. Nuff said. This place sucks.

Pros

Cons

Too many
Same location

Growing company that is maintaining the small family business atmosphere.

I have worked with the Davis Group for 6 .5 years over 2 different occasions, and both times it has been great. The senior leadership of the group truly cares for their employees and invest heavily in them to give them the tools to succeed. This shows in the number of employees here that have been with the company for 25+ years. They are also continually striving to make improvements to increase overall employee engagement and loyalty. At the store level the senior management works hard to ensure that the work place is a fun and rewarding environment, and they challenge everyone to continually improve. Really a great place to work!

Pros

Fun, and rewarding place to work that truly cares about their employees

• Davis Automotive Group
  • Best employer in the automotive industry by far