Davis Automotive Group logo
Davis Automotive Group

Davis Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Good morals, Caring dealership

Davis Airdrie is a family run dealership. They care a lot about your work life balance, and want you to be happy both at work, and home. Pay is decent but can be a little over complicated at times. You have the ability to make as much money as you want if you work your tail off. Great place to learn and grow, amazing culture. Lots of advancement opportunities.

Pros

Culture, Management, Work life balance

Cons

Pay structure, Weak benefits

Ok money but dont expect to stay long

The general manager likes to keep a revolving door of employees. In my one year of being there he let go without cause at least 12 employees over all departments. In the 1 year since I worked there I recognize no one but him. You want to have a good lasting employer stay clear until the GM is gone.

Pros

Cons

Getting let go for no reason

Terribly managed company

One of the worse places i have worked. Badly managed especially sales manager, very clicky and they play there favorites. On job training very limited and not much help for new employee. They do not help you succeed or forward in the company. Not a great dealership to be apart of. I tell everybody how bad it is there. So glad to not be a part of the Davis Group. They are greedy, work you to death and play plan terrible.

Official response from Davis Automotive Group

31 July 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience with Davis. Our desire is to provide a positive employee experience and we regret that we didn't live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and if you are open to discussing your experience further, please call us at 403-942-8060 and ask to speak with Human Resources as we are always looking for opportunities to learn and improve based on feedback we receive.

Terrible company

If you do decide to work at Davis , make sure you suck up to the higher ups or your job won’t last. Don’t out perform the previous employees they don’t think that are you will be let go.

Pros

Some employees are nice

Cons

Egos, cliques, rumours, judgment

Official response from Davis Automotive Group

20 February 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience with Davis. We strive to provide a positive employee experience and have been recognized as Best Employer in Canada based on the feedback our employees provide and we regret that we didn't live up to those expectations here. If you are open to discussing your experience further, please call us at 403-942-8060 and ask to speak with Human Resources as we are always looking for opportunities to learn and improve based on feedback we receive.

Best Place I Have Ever Worked.

I speak more on behalf of the store i work at then the Davis Auto Group itself, although the little interaction i have with the rest of the group is always great, you feel part of the same team. The store i am part of is like one big family. Management gives the flexibility you need or want to have a great work/family life balance. While at work the camaraderie between co-workers is something i have never been part of or recognized anywhere else. You can feel management cares , right from your direct supervisor all the way to the owners/mangers of the DAG itself. Great place to work, would not want to work for any other auto group at all!

Pros

time flexibility, opportunities, free lunches.

Do not apply here.

Not a good company to work for. They preach family atmosphere, teamwork, friendly. Not in my experience. Bullying on the job constantly, no backup or resolution. Department manager on huge ego trip. Staff/ co workers very unfriendly and cliquey. No room to advance skills. Do not recommend working here. Nuff said. This place sucks.

Pros

Cons

Too many

Great group to be a pert of.

You feel part of a family here. Customer service is the primary focus and supported by every staff member. We all take pride in making sure our customers are taken care of. The support I have received here from all my co-workers and management has been amazing. I would recommend employment here to anyone interested in a position with the Davis Auto Group.

Enjoy being with your work family every day

It has been near 2 years that I have been working for our dealer within the Auto Group. From management through to the staff I find everyone to be involved and considerate of each other and the customers. When employees come into work in the morning and have pleasant greetings for each other you know there is a good atmosphere. When everyone is focused on the customer, they are continually building and maintaining relationships which are important in a small town. It takes everyone on the team going in the same direction and that makes it possible to give the best service in town.

Pros

Great staff recognition programs

It is a honor to join Davis Auto Group in Medicine Hat. Davis is a great employer and environment to work in ,every body is supportive and kind ,there are days that get very stressful and busy but with the support of every one things get under control,the management is great specially when I got sick and had to be on medical leave they were very understanding.

Fantastic Place to work. Great family culture

I have been here almost 2 years now and honestly recommend the Davis Auto group to anyone. They really take care of their employees. Managers are always smiling and making sure you doing well. They really make it a fantastic place to work. Even make sure your family life is doing well by keeping them involved with events and get togethers. I proudly say that i work at Davis Chevrolet in Airdrie and for the Davis Auto Group.

Pros

Family atmosphere. Caring enviroment.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Davis Automotive Group?

Growing company that is maintaining the small family business atmosphere.

I have worked with the Davis Group for 6 .5 years over 2 different occasions, and both times it has been great. The senior leadership of the group truly cares for their employees and invest heavily in them to give them the tools to succeed. This shows in the number of employees here that have been with the company for 25+ years. They are also continually striving to make improvements to increase overall employee engagement and loyalty. At the store level the senior management works hard to ensure that the work place is a fun and rewarding environment, and they challenge everyone to continually improve. Really a great place to work!

Pros

Fun, and rewarding place to work that truly cares about their employees

Meh

One of the best things about this place is the people. The management is constantly finding new ways to let you down and to not follow through on promises. The family feel is long gone from this store with no signs of returning.

Pros

Co workers

Great Culture and Atmosphere

I have only been with the Davis Group since this past May. I came here because of the great words I had heard from current and past employees. All I can say is that, everything I had heard is true. From the lot attendant straight to the owner, everyone cares and has the same focus. The customer is the priority and the teamwork is second to none. Great Managers and teammates make this place the best Dealership in town by a mile!

Cons

This is a great place to work. everyone is nice and helps one another and there is an amazing culture. However, there are lots of positions that have no room for advancement. The salary for many of those positions is on the low end of the scale.

Assistant manager

Well I only had a short stay here, relocated with their assistance and judging by how I was treated, how friendly and positive the atmosphere was, and the willingness of everyone I met to make me feel welcome, I have to offer a high level of reference. My only wish I'd that I could have remained with them for my career. Having to return to Ontario for a family health issue was extremely disappointing and poorly timed. From my short but positive experience, this company has earned their top 50 employer's in Canada. I'd work there again anytime.

Pros

Great attitude

Cons

None to offer

Highly stressful and unprofessional.

There is no team work. The bodyman is blamed for poor quality paint and prep work which is the preppers and painters job. They’re very good at passing the buck. If you complain and try to reason with management you’re fired. Always screaming and putting you down. Do not work here! You’re better off unemployed.

Pros

Cons

Highly stressful.

Best employer in the automotive industry by far

I have found it hard to find a place of employment where I sincerely enjoy coming to work everyday....until now. The Davis Auto Group sure knows how to take care of their work family, whether it be through all the various employee activities to community involvement even to the benefits plan, they always keep the employees best interest in mind. It's by no small means that they have achieved "Best Employer in Canada" for so many years now, they know how to learn and adapt to their growing employees needs. They also recognize that without their employees, they wouldn't be where they are today, so they aren't afraid to invest time and money into developing the skills & knowledge of their staff, very encouraging to see.

Pros

Benefit Plan, Community Involvement, Social Activities, Employee Devleopment

Cons

Work Life Balance, Wages for Administrative Staff, Vacation/Sick Days

Amazing place to Work

Great place to work. Many perks. I really enjoyed working for this company. Its a great place to work, Management and Staff are both friendly and encourage growth both within the company and personal.

Productive and fun place to work

• Management is friendly, supportive, and always looking to help you succeed. • Co-workers are team players. • The gratitude that the Davis family shows to ALL of its employees across the automotive group is unmatched!

Pros

Great culture, AMAZING Christmas party, flexible.

Great place to work!

I have been working for Davis for a few months now and I have found that it is definitely an all-inclusive place to work. The management team stands behind you and helps you grow into the role. I find the hardest part of this job is the work-life balance. Other than that, I would highly recommend people to apply here.

Pros

Inclusive, supportive and fun

Cons

Work-Life Balance

You are not just an employee, you are family

Davis Automotive Group truly cares about their employees and this is demonstrated daily by senior leadership. The people that work here are great as well. It is refreshing to come to work everyday knowing you will be working with and for great people. The work is challenging but the environment is fun. I would highly recommend Davis as a great place to work!
  • Davis Automotive Group