DAVIDsTEA

DAVIDsTEA Employee Reviews

Canada368 reviews
Enthusiastic workplace
Often times when I would open the store it would involve opening all cashes, getting the daily teas brewed and making sure to create a unique sample for customers. As manager I was required to record the sales for the previous day to help better our sales the following week. This would be the same pattern every day slotting in various order days or conference call meetings I would have to take part in.
I learned that managing a store is a large task and it can be done with a lot less stress if you put the proper planning into your days and allocate your time properly.

Management was a little tough at times as many things would be pushed forward or pushed back causing tremendous confusion among managers. Thankfully I was able to reach out to colleagues from other stores and they were very helpful with any of my questions.

The workplace culture that DAVIDs Tea goes for is an upbeat store that is full of energy and smiles. Employees are encouraged to drink all the different kinds of tea to help upsell when speaking to customers.

The hardest part of the job would have been the lack of communication between myself and management. Being a store that was located further away, it made it difficult as a new manager to catch my stride. However learning how to delegate certain tasks to employees helped take a bit off my workload.

The most enjoyable part was all the customers and tea I was able to drink. I would love walking around the mall offering samples to people as many people don't realize how delicious tea when you make it the proper way.
Balanced work place
Balances out with day to day life, not over worked or under worked.
Stressful at first if you don’t know tea.

Amazing team.

Slow besides winter and summer
Great environment, but upper management sketchy
I LOVE working here. We have some amazing customers and we have some really good conversations. My co-workers are all incredible. It’s generally a pretty relaxed and fun environment, except around Christmas it gets pretty crazy. We get to drink free tea on our shift, so that by itself is a great perk. I enjoy coming to work every shift!
However; it’s not all daisies and rainbows. Upper management (DM and up) are a joke. They don’t treat everyone equally. They come visit the store and tell you to your face that you’re doing a great job. Then a week later they tell the store manager to write you up for something with no warning. They also punish you by cutting your hours if you ever bring up a valid complaint. No transparency from upper managers to TeaGuides.
Loved the company, and found it to be a perfect first ever job
I fell in love with David’s Tea as a company. The mall I worked in was not ideal but the employees and the management were quite incredible. They were so understanding of my work, school balance and it was honestly the best place to work as a first ever job.
Great job for students
My experience at DAVIDsTEA was a fun retail job with cute perks and a good team. I can see the work culture being a bit overbearing if you don't want to exude positivity all the time and constantly trying to upsell, but I had a lot of fun learning about tea and talking to people. Part time tea guides get VERY limited hours however, so this is not a position to support yourself with, its moreso to supplement
Environnement stressant et desorgainsé
Une entreprise avec les yeux fermer, les gérant se fou complètement des employés tous ce qui compte c'est vendre.
It was once an amazing place.
It used to be an amazing place to evolve but since they entered the stock market, things have gone corporate. Sadly, your personnality and your difference isn't a valid trait anymore.
Pros
good staff discount, laid back in their dresscode
Cons
very corporate
Fun times and great tea
I worked with fantastic staff, this made the job a lot more enjoyable. The work got very busy at times, especially in the Summer. Unlimited tea drinks throughout the day was very good.
Environnement de travail excellent !
Travailler chez David's tea est très enrichissant. Une des meilleures compagnie dans laquelle j'ai travailler . Proche des gens avec qui nous travaillons à tout les niveaux . Les grand patrons prennent le temps de visiter et PARLER avec leurs gens en boutique, ce qui fait réellement une différence au sein de l'équipe de plancher . Ont se sens très écouté et très humains. Compagnie humaine qui aide ses gens a tout les niveaux.
Apprentissage
Milieu stimulant qui permet de développer des compétences en vente et en service à la clientèle. Tâches variées et agréables. Requiert de l'autonomie et la capacité de travailler sous pression et dans un environnement bruyant.
Minus in all aspects.
Seasonal, but got almost no hours. Short shifts of 2 to 3 hours. Minimum wage.Loved the products, hated the company ethics.
Their idea is to get as much work as they can for least amount of money possible.
Young start-up team!
Passionate work culture always open to new ideas. Flexible work schedule with the opportunity to work from home. Lots of turnover since new management team was appointed.
Pretty laid back
Overall a fun laid back job. When I first worked there, I had a great manager and assistant manager. When I went back after the summer, the manager was not very professional, leading to my quitting. The staff is laid back. The customers are friendly.
Pros
Relaxed. Lots of tea!
Cons
Slow more times than not
Good
It was a good experience working at David’s tea, it been more than a year now but I have learned a lot and grown as a retail salesman.
The management at the time being was Good.
Great place except hours are minimal and minimum wage, management was amazing and very accommodating to school schedules,was a bit slow at times but then I would just clean and prepair for customers
Être très actif et concentrer
Tu dois emballer les produits,
Tu dois peser le thé et ensuite mettre le thé dans différent sachets.
fun and engaging workplace
got to learn about different kinds of tea and the preparation methods for each type. the people I worked with worked well with one another. You get to drink free tea on shift.
Depends on Management
I loved working there under my first manager. However when she left and we got a new manager the environment completely changed, work was no longer shared fairly (a large amount fell on the lower level Tea Guides) and it became toxic.
Amazing place
The store is amazing to work at. Everyone is so friendly, and the management are very understanding that life happens sometimes. The customers are so nice and it doesnt really feel like its a job most of the time.
Laid-back and fun, but few shifts
The job is casual and laid-back. Very fun and easy going workplace environment. My seasonal position offered very little advancement potential, and I was offered very few shifts, usually only one every week or two.
Pros
No dress code, fun, casual
Cons
Very few shifts
Fun work place
Very relaxed, everything is easy to get the hang of. A lot of students work here. Low stress environment. Extremely simple and laid back. Most enjoyable part was free tea.