DAVIDsTEA Employee Reviews

Issues with upper management -poor employee treatment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA14 November 2018
I would never recommend working for Davidstea. The product is fantastic, however the way their employees are treated is extremely poor, and does not generate a good working environment.
Cross Iron David's Tea
Seasonal TEA GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2018
Typically you're suppose to do samples for 30-1 hour, but they made me stand there for 4 hours holding a tray of tea for my whole shift. I also missed some payments when it was payday.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
They don't care about you if you're a seasonal
environnement de vente
Guide Du Thé (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC18 October 2018
L'environnement de vente de cette entreprise est agréable car elle n'est aucunement a pression ni dans le désir d'étouffer le client de produit.
Pros
breuvage gratuit
Cons
aucune assurance
Apply with caution
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
Be cautious about applying to David’s tea. They’ve recently shut down two stores in Toronto so the company isn’t doing great. I worked there for almost a year. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the discount on tea but that was mainly it. Management was terrible, they’re so incredibly sales focused that it takes away from the customer experience, and their cleaning list is insane. I’ve worked a lot of different jobs and this was one of the worst.
Pros
Discount on tea
Cons
Everything else
Du monde sympatique pour un travail sympatique
Commis emballeur (Saisonnier) (Current Employee) –  Mont-royal, QC15 September 2018
On apprend rapidement les tâches qui nous sont donné, le travail n'est pas compliqué, on exécute la tâche sans problème, et l'hygiène est bien respecté. Les collègues et le personnel sont sympatique, on ne communique pas souvent avec les employeurs mais l'environnement est agréable.
Pros
Thé gratuit, Environnement agréable, Travail coopératif, Collègue sympatique et amical, Travail facile, On apprend rapidement les tàches, Hygiène respecté
Cons
N'offre que 2 pauses, obligé de retourner travailler avant la fin, Doit rester debout en permanence, Assez loin du transport en commun et métro, obligé de faire 15 à 17 minutes de marche pour s'y rendre, Impossible de partir à l'avance.
productive, informative, fun
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2018
I learned a lot about tea and time management and customer service. this was the job that made me learn to feel comfortable providing customer service, we would try new tactics regularly, and it was very organized.
Pros
50% discount, very fun, able to talk to customers
Cons
management was questionable
Perfect job for students
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
I worked with this company for 2 years. There is no internal growth and managment is poor. However, if you are a student then this is a great job to have while you are studying and trying to pay your expenses. If you are in a position of managment and not liked by your District Manager then goodluck.
Pros
Employee discount
Super emploi étudiant
Vendeuse/Conseillère (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC24 July 2018
Tâches diversifiées et très intéressantes, le personnel est gentil et accueillant, l'environnement de travail est très beau.
had better days
District Manager (Former Employee) –  ontarion20 July 2018
lots of changes in upper management in the recent years, and with lack of big vision, even through DAVIDsTEA had strong people culture, if the company can focus on building within and be open to new ideas, then this company would do so well in the future.
Fun workplace
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 July 2018
Extremely friendly and positive environment. Staff is empathetic and kind. Lots to learn about the job but it is quite fun and easy once you understand the tasks.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Lots of re-stocking
Best place I've ever worked
Seasonal Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC23 June 2018
I sincerely loved working at David's Tea.

The consistency of the management, relationships with manager and other team members were the best I've experienced. My manager would consistently give constructive and positive feedback in such a tasteful way, it was very helpful for the entire teams growth. Communication in the store was amazing, it was a very positive place to work. Reviews were always done on time and in a respectful way. Shifts went by so quickly because we all had so much fun working together.

I worked at David's tea seasonally while working at my full time job as well. I was asked to stay on as a PT employee and accepted. I stayed for a few months but due to having a full time job and a part time job it took up all of my spare time. Even with how accommodating David's tea was with my schedule I needed some days off to recharge so I could work at my full potential.

I will always recommend David's tea as an awesome place to work to anyone who asks, and I appreciate being able to work in such a beautiful environment.
Pros
Free tea, positive work environnent, LGBT friendly, excellent managmnet
Good
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2018
The atmosphere was always fun and welcoming. Definitely enjoyed working with the staff. Daily duties were straight forward and learning new tasks was simple.
productive and fun workplace
Tea Guide - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  city centre, Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
DAVIDsTEA is amazing it is everything i wanted, i got a typical day of selling tea and making tea to customers. Being able to remember guests tea that they ordered before!
Pros
discount, managers, team mates
Terrible environment lol
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 May 2018
I worked seasonal with Davids Tea and it was a gong show from the start. They went through 3 different managers in the span of a month. I was constantly struggling to get shifts because I was working 2 days a week at my other job and was expected to give up those shifts in order to be considered for a shift at the store. The scheduling is done online but management doesn't respect availability. I was hired and trained and had to wait over a month for my first shift. While on shift the full time staff hung out in the break closet and played with their phones, talking about their personal lives and saying inappropriate things about district management while they left the seasonal employees to help customers and try to figure out how the scales and till works. When asked for help or questions about processes they were unwilling to help. This store seriously needs to learn customer service and how to treat employees. would not reccomend to anybody.
Pros
Free tea on shift
Cons
Staff are cliquey, catty and spend too much time on their phones or gossiping about each other on shift.
Fantastic company and employees
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 April 2018
Never had I had such a strong, hard working team of employees. These days retail stores are struggling, yet davidstea employees still remain extremely friendly and helpful. This company makes beautiful products and do their part in helping the environment, as well as sourcing within Canada!
Pros
Great values, fantastic hiring strategies, responsible company
Cons
Retail hours
Job étudiante correcte
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quebec21 April 2018
L’entreprise n’est plus ce qu’elle etait les boutiques sont rendus avec des compteurs de clients les membres de gestion vous pousse à faire toujours toujours plus de ventes. Au départ, c’était de connecter avec le client et de lui donner le meilleur service et les meilleurs conseils et non lui monter une facture à laquelle il en est même supris rendu au moment de payer. Attendez vous à vous faire couper beaucoup d’heures et n’espèrer pas avoir plus de 8-10hrs dans vos premiers mois d’embauche (pour du temps partiel) et soyez prêt à achaler les clients qui passe devant la boutique, le tout sans bonus ou commission.
Pros
Salaire (relatif à votre performance) & thés à volonté à boire
Cons
Gestion des boutiques & vente à pression
Fun workplace with a good business attitude
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS11 April 2018
A typical day at work would be selling tea to customers and assessing their needs and finding the product that would best suit them. While working for DAVIDsTEA I learned how to properly greet and service customers in a friendly but timely manner. The workplace culture was always very supportive of each other and was a very exciting place to work, however, the hardest part of the job is the odd hours and short notice of shift changes or cancellations. The most exciting part of the job was always learning new things about tea, customers, and how products are produced.
Pros
50% discount, fun work environment
Cons
Odd hours, favoritism
Was a really fun place to work before it got too "corporate"
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple Locations11 April 2018
I miss the old culture of DavidsTea, where you could approach a customer and not be expected to recite a script like a robot. The most enjoyable part of the job was making meaningful connections with regular customers, and having caffeine run through my veins with free unlimited cups of tea on shift.
Fun and amazing!!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2018
I was a seasonal tea guide, and I honestly loved it so much! I only had one job before this job and out of the two, DAVIDsTEA was the best.
The management could use a little work. The managers themselves are really friendly and always willing to help you get better as an employee. As far as communicating, a lot of it is done over emails, and it is hard to follow up with them if they don't respond to emails.
The employees were amazing as well! I enjoyed getting to know everyone. They were all so much fun and outgoing.
Working at DAVIDsTEA made me so happy. It wasn't a stressful job. It would get busy at times, but it wasn't stressful.
It is a very easy going place to work, and hard to get full-time hours. As a seasonal I was supposed to work a minimum of 12 hours a week. I was working at least 3-10 hours a week. It is a great place for a part-time.
Pros
Free tea every shift, outgoing and friendly employees, fun environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2018
DAVIDsTEA was a great place to work! It provided me with a positive environment to work with equally positive coworkers. If you have a passion for tea and merchandising, I would definitely recommend applying for open positions!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAVIDsTEA. Our community is ready to answer.