DAVIDsTEA Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Tea Guide - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  city centre, Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
DAVIDsTEA is amazing it is everything i wanted, i got a typical day of selling tea and making tea to customers. Being able to remember guests tea that they ordered before!
Pros
discount, managers, team mates
Terrible environment lol
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 May 2018
I worked seasonal with Davids Tea and it was a gong show from the start. They went through 3 different managers in the span of a month. I was constantly struggling to get shifts because I was working 2 days a week at my other job and was expected to give up those shifts in order to be considered for a shift at the store. The scheduling is done online but management doesn't respect availability. I was hired and trained and had to wait over a month for my first shift. While on shift the full time staff hung out in the break closet and played with their phones, talking about their personal lives and saying inappropriate things about district management while they left the seasonal employees to help customers and try to figure out how the scales and till works. When asked for help or questions about processes they were unwilling to help. This store seriously needs to learn customer service and how to treat employees. would not reccomend to anybody.
Pros
Free tea on shift
Cons
Staff are cliquey, catty and spend too much time on their phones or gossiping about each other on shift.
Fantastic company and employees
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 April 2018
Never had I had such a strong, hard working team of employees. These days retail stores are struggling, yet davidstea employees still remain extremely friendly and helpful. This company makes beautiful products and do their part in helping the environment, as well as sourcing within Canada!
Pros
Great values, fantastic hiring strategies, responsible company
Cons
Retail hours
Job étudiante correcte
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quebec21 April 2018
L’entreprise n’est plus ce qu’elle etait les boutiques sont rendus avec des compteurs de clients les membres de gestion vous pousse à faire toujours toujours plus de ventes. Au départ, c’était de connecter avec le client et de lui donner le meilleur service et les meilleurs conseils et non lui monter une facture à laquelle il en est même supris rendu au moment de payer. Attendez vous à vous faire couper beaucoup d’heures et n’espèrer pas avoir plus de 8-10hrs dans vos premiers mois d’embauche (pour du temps partiel) et soyez prêt à achaler les clients qui passe devant la boutique, le tout sans bonus ou commission.
Pros
Salaire (relatif à votre performance) & thés à volonté à boire
Cons
Gestion des boutiques & vente à pression
Was a really fun place to work before it got too "corporate"
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple Locations11 April 2018
I miss the old culture of DavidsTea, where you could approach a customer and not be expected to recite a script like a robot. The most enjoyable part of the job was making meaningful connections with regular customers, and having caffeine run through my veins with free unlimited cups of tea on shift.
Fun and amazing!!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2018
I was a seasonal tea guide, and I honestly loved it so much! I only had one job before this job and out of the two, DAVIDsTEA was the best.
The management could use a little work. The managers themselves are really friendly and always willing to help you get better as an employee. As far as communicating, a lot of it is done over emails, and it is hard to follow up with them if they don't respond to emails.
The employees were amazing as well! I enjoyed getting to know everyone. They were all so much fun and outgoing.
Working at DAVIDsTEA made me so happy. It wasn't a stressful job. It would get busy at times, but it wasn't stressful.
It is a very easy going place to work, and hard to get full-time hours. As a seasonal I was supposed to work a minimum of 12 hours a week. I was working at least 3-10 hours a week. It is a great place for a part-time.
Pros
Free tea every shift, outgoing and friendly employees, fun environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2018
DAVIDsTEA was a great place to work! It provided me with a positive environment to work with equally positive coworkers. If you have a passion for tea and merchandising, I would definitely recommend applying for open positions!
DavidsTea review
Tea Guide (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON17 March 2018
Expect hours to be cut when not busy. Helped with customer service skills. Lots of demand to push sales. Fun work environment. Lots of education and training provided to sell products.
Productive and fun work place
Seasonal Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2018
Davids Tea was a very happy work place, everyone including the customers were very nice and patient. Extremely understanding, if you had issues the staff were always there to answer and help you with everything.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
short hours
Easy job as a tea guide
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 March 2018
as a tea guide/sales associate there is not too much presure on you when youre a tea guide its very casual and a happy place perfect for a student to balance school with work.
Fun, relaxed, and balanced
TEA GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2018
Never really feels like you're working per se, just helping people - making teas and helping people choose things is very fun and the coworkers and management are very nice. Sometimes difficult to stand on your feet all day, but otherwise this was my favourite job.
Davids tea
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2018
I had an amazing time working there with professional and supportive staff. I learned team building skills, through great management and I learned so much about tea! The hardest part of working there was that there wasn't enough hours but if you had to call in sick, they were ready to help you get your shift covered right away!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Great people, not so great hours
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2018
A pretty fun and relaxed job for the most part. Can be faster paced during peak hours when stock is running low, and things are required to be restocked.

The free tea is great. Only real complaint was the hours, and how few were offered.
Pros
free tea, great and fun people to work with, Great discount for staff
Cons
poor hours
Decent
Barista/cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 January 2018
I loved working there due to the team. But the manager at the time was awful and really rude, which is why I left. It was a fun learning experience. Customers are always happy leaving with a nice cup of tea.
Dynamic work ennironment
HR Manager, Head Office & Distribution Centre (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 January 2018
Dynamic work environment. Incredibly talented, passionate, and intelligent team. Lots of learning opportunities and exposure to interesting and challenging projects.
DavidsTea is where it's at
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2018
I was hired to be a seasonal tea guide and I loved every single shift. Not only are the staff extremely supportive and kind, but so are a majority of their costumers. We maybe got 1 or 2 cranky or overwhelmed costumers but they weren't awful.

You learn lots about the different types of tea and the products (which are super cool). I also learned that DavidsTea is very pun-friendly (you will learn this when you start training) and they definitely encourage it!

The manager was really awesome and understanding. Unfortunately they over hired staff due to thinking there would be more business, so there was some issues with scheduling and shifts that I had, but I don't think this effects the rest of the year.

There was never a shift where I come in in a bad mood and was still in a bad mood after work. The atmosphere is so positive and welcoming. It's very organized and they place everything perfectly so that it doesn't look messy and items are easy to grab. They do not hire on looks, just attitude. I had no experience with any of their tea or products before I was hired and they were 100% okay with that fact.

Hardest part of the job was remembering tea names and what their ingredients are, as well as how their items functioned. It's not a must that you know everything about their products before you start working there, but it does definitely help and will make your life easier. Don't stress about this too much, the staff is there to help you whenever they can. It's better to ask questions, instead of guessing and being wrong.

There were so many things that were
  more... enjoyable about the job. The location that I was at was so amazing to work at. Unfortunately this is not the case for all of the stores but I do encourage you to apply and try it out!  less
Pros
Awesome discount
Cons
Not enough shifts avaliable sometimes (for seasonals)
Few hours per week and some rude staff
Seasonal Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 January 2018
Work schedule is a problem. They change the team hours and shifts every week, sometimes they cut hours and shifts just one hour before your shift begins, in the same day. Seasonal employees have few working hours, sometimes just 3 hours per week. Some employees are rude and demand tasks that are not part of your job description, with no previous training. Poor communication among the team and lack of management. But apart from that, the work is pleasant because the customers are great!
Pros
Employee discount, free teas, great customers
Cons
Few hours per week, lack of management, some rude colleagues
Fun work, unprofessional staff
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2018
As a Seasonal hire, I was given few shifts and my manager rarely communicated with me. I enjoyed the work, which was mainly sampling, sales floor, and cash. They scheduled me for three to four hour shifts so I only ever had two breaks in my three months working there. I was not contacted to get my training date and when I mentioned to my manager I couldn't work one Saturday because of an exam, I was removed from all Saturday shifts. I wasn't informed of the end of my contract and wasn't given any shifts during that week either. The site they use to coordinate shifts is a little broken too. Loved the work, hated the lack of organization.
Pros
wonderful people and lots of fun
Cons
unprofessional and disorganized
Davidstea
QC H4P 1S1 (Former Employee) –  Mont-royal, QC9 January 2018
Not a bad job when you really need to work to pay your bills but i dont recommend this job if you are not patient, because everything is disorganized.
It is a fun and organized workplace I am happy to be a part of. Everyone is easy going while at the same time organized and friendly
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 December 2017
There are many different task I get to try here such as working the sales floor, making tea, matcha and lattes. I also get to handle stock and restocking.
Pros
Discount, working with people, free tea on the job!
Cons
I would like more hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAVIDsTEA. Our community is ready to answer.