DAVIDsTEA Employee Reviews

Great first job opportunity
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 February 2019
Great entry level job that gives you the essentials for future jobs. Helps you to learn the basics of retail and handling customers. Overall I'd recommend people to apply
Travail génial
Guide du thé (Current Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC29 January 2019
L'équipe de travail est très dynamique. La compagnie est très attentive aux besoins des employés. Le travail est plaisant et instruisant. Le seul problème sont les pauses, il n'y a pas de 15 minutes de pauses dans les quarts de travail, seulement des 30min non payés à partir de plus de 5hrs de travail, un quart de 9hrs ne vous donne accès qu'à une seule pause de 30min.
Unclear, unfair, but great people to work with
Seasonal Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2019
I didn’t enjoy working here as it was quite overwhelming for a seasonal employee. Lots of info was thrown out at one time, and it was hard to learn everything in just a couple of shifts. Coworkers were very friendly however, and were willing to help out with anything. However, management was disorganized, and laid me off without informing me; I had not been given shifts for weeks and I was suddenly blocked out of the scheduling system. The only perks were a nice discount and free tea.
Pros
Free tea, good employee discount
Cons
Poor management
great
assist the customers (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 January 2019
great place to work. assisting in learning the products being sold to help educate the customer. very relaxed environment and great hours and scheduling
Review
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2019
Probably my favorite retail job I ever had. Coming to work was fun I learned so much which was so fun to communicate this to customers and share my knowledge. Always had a fun, and energetic environment.
Great Place To Work!
"Tea Guide" (Sale Associate) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON9 January 2019
I'd encourage anyone who wants a fun and rewarding place to work to apply at DAVIDsTEA. The staff I worked with were always friendly. Management was super understanding and awesome. Customers were nice and kind. The workplace culture is unlike anywhere else I have ever worked.
11 out of 10.
I learned a lot and am grateful but they had a long way to go
Senior Graphic Designer and Product Photographer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 December 2018
It was a stressful environment to work in with what felt like constant fires needing to be put out but I'm extremely grateful for the time I spent learning under the long standing marketing manager there who has since left on a new venture. I hear it went downhill from there, I left in 2015.
Pros
fun staff
Cons
stressful, unrealistic deadlines
Barely felt like working when you enjoy the tea and the people
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 December 2018
All of the work was light and the other people working there are generally pretty good. Just need to watch out for certain managers, but I'm sure that's with any place! Would recommend.
Issues with upper management -poor employee treatment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA14 November 2018
I would never recommend working for Davidstea. The product is fantastic, however the way their employees are treated is extremely poor, and does not generate a good working environment.
Cross Iron David's Tea
Seasonal TEA GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2018
Typically you're suppose to do samples for 30-1 hour, but they made me stand there for 4 hours holding a tray of tea for my whole shift. I also missed some payments when it was payday.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
They don't care about you if you're a seasonal
environnement de vente
Guide Du Thé (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC18 October 2018
L'environnement de vente de cette entreprise est agréable car elle n'est aucunement a pression ni dans le désir d'étouffer le client de produit.
Pros
breuvage gratuit
Cons
aucune assurance
Great coworkers and customers, terrible managment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2018
I worked at Davids for a little while and I can say that they choose teams with great energy and enthusiasm. I can't say they do the same for management. The SMs were almost never helpful. The upper management ignores pleas for help and human resources ignores complaints against their own policies. We never got proper training and it was almost as if they wanted you to fend for yourself. All levels of management continually disregarded employee problems and we never got many larger issues solved. Scheduling is a nightmare as hours get cut for reasons beyond store control. Stock management technique is abysmal, there was constant problems with stock counts due to procedures in receiving. The pay is very low for a job that requires so much information retention.There is no compensation for reaching out on our own time to local businesses to grow business. Part time workers/seasonal workers will get overwhelmed with the amount of information thrown at them without any time to absorb info. There is little consistencies with how stores are run. You can get things done at a customer level at one store but not at another due to stores ignoring company policies. Favoritism is very apparent between stores and upper management. I would recommend working here, if its a first time job as a worker.Either then that i cannot say anything else really positive.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
long hours, horrible managment, total disregard for HR complaints, low pay
Apply with caution
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
Be cautious about applying to David’s tea. They’ve recently shut down two stores in Toronto so the company isn’t doing great. I worked there for almost a year. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the discount on tea but that was mainly it. Management was terrible, they’re so incredibly sales focused that it takes away from the customer experience, and their cleaning list is insane. I’ve worked a lot of different jobs and this was one of the worst.
Pros
Discount on tea
Cons
Everything else
Du monde sympatique pour un travail sympatique
Commis emballeur (Saisonnier) (Current Employee) –  Mont-royal, QC15 September 2018
On apprend rapidement les tâches qui nous sont donné, le travail n'est pas compliqué, on exécute la tâche sans problème, et l'hygiène est bien respecté. Les collègues et le personnel sont sympatique, on ne communique pas souvent avec les employeurs mais l'environnement est agréable.
Pros
Thé gratuit, Environnement agréable, Travail coopératif, Collègue sympatique et amical, Travail facile, On apprend rapidement les tàches, Hygiène respecté
Cons
N'offre que 2 pauses, obligé de retourner travailler avant la fin, Doit rester debout en permanence, Assez loin du transport en commun et métro, obligé de faire 15 à 17 minutes de marche pour s'y rendre, Impossible de partir à l'avance.
productive, informative, fun
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2018
I learned a lot about tea and time management and customer service. this was the job that made me learn to feel comfortable providing customer service, we would try new tactics regularly, and it was very organized.
Pros
50% discount, very fun, able to talk to customers
Cons
management was questionable
Perfect job for students
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
I worked with this company for 2 years. There is no internal growth and managment is poor. However, if you are a student then this is a great job to have while you are studying and trying to pay your expenses. If you are in a position of managment and not liked by your District Manager then goodluck.
Pros
Employee discount
Super emploi étudiant
Vendeuse/Conseillère (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC24 July 2018
Tâches diversifiées et très intéressantes, le personnel est gentil et accueillant, l'environnement de travail est très beau.
had better days
District Manager (Former Employee) –  ontarion20 July 2018
lots of changes in upper management in the recent years, and with lack of big vision, even through DAVIDsTEA had strong people culture, if the company can focus on building within and be open to new ideas, then this company would do so well in the future.
Fun workplace
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 July 2018
Extremely friendly and positive environment. Staff is empathetic and kind. Lots to learn about the job but it is quite fun and easy once you understand the tasks.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Lots of re-stocking
Best place I've ever worked
Seasonal Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC23 June 2018
I sincerely loved working at David's Tea.

The consistency of the management, relationships with manager and other team members were the best I've experienced. My manager would consistently give constructive and positive feedback in such a tasteful way, it was very helpful for the entire teams growth. Communication in the store was amazing, it was a very positive place to work. Reviews were always done on time and in a respectful way. Shifts went by so quickly because we all had so much fun working together.

I worked at David's tea seasonally while working at my full time job as well. I was asked to stay on as a PT employee and accepted. I stayed for a few months but due to having a full time job and a part time job it took up all of my spare time. Even with how accommodating David's tea was with my schedule I needed some days off to recharge so I could work at my full potential.

I will always recommend David's tea as an awesome place to work to anyone who asks, and I appreciate being able to work in such a beautiful environment.
Pros
Free tea, positive work environnent, LGBT friendly, excellent managmnet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAVIDsTEA. Our community is ready to answer.