David Lloyd Gym

David Lloyd Gym Employee Reviews

great place to work. I liked all the people I worked with and made some great friends who became like a second family. some stressful times to deal with.
I felt as though you couldn't progress as a trainer due as the bosses seemed uninterested in helping you progress and gain more knowledge. The shifts were pointless as you were just stood around picking up weights etc. you were forced to push people into becoming your clients which I found wrong as its hard enough paying for a membership each month never mind paying for a personal trainer as well.
Pros
free gym
Cons
poor management and poor hours
If it's what your looking for and if you are experienced in Cleaning then its great and a easy laid back place. If you haven't got much experience they will train you up.
Pros
free membership after 6months
Cons
extremely early hours
A typical day at work consists of coaching a varied age range of children different sports and sport games. Over the past year I have learned how to communicate better with adults and children and how to deal calmly in stressful situations. the most enjoyable part of the job is watching the kids enjoy themselves and really have fun and to know you can be apart of that is worth all the hours of work.
Pros
free gym membership and discounted food and drink.
Cons
kids team rarely get breaks.
I love David Lloyd gym, i liked the majority of the people I work with but most of them were rude or talked down to me because i was young/ new. I also took the job with the notion that i would be earning £6.70 as advertised but after 2 months of employment that finally gave me my contract which displayed a pay of £5.30 an hour. This is legal minimum wage for my age but i was not happy with finding this out 2 months down the line. The pay is also not worth the work i do!!! Hours are annoying and late and the managers/ supervisors seem to take no interest in you personally at all - 4 months there and i was still needing to tell them every week i could work a certain shift because i to to school 9-4:30 everyday! Literally broken record
Pros
Free gym membership and discount from food
Cons
Paid less than others, management ignore phone calls and emails, members of staff talk down to younger people
Very good management and team, strive to be the best. Very welcomed into the company and enjoy working here.
I enjoy working at David Lloyd as I am always active at work and feel that motivating the children to join in with the various sports games we play is necessary. I have made close relationships with many of the members of the club as I see them frequently throughout the week, I feel this helps the members to feel more comfortable as they are on a personal level with some of the employees meaning they know they can come to us with any questions at anytime and we will always do our best to help. I get on with all of my co-workers and we are a tight knit team that works well together.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Short hours, not great pay
Hard work but much fun with co-workers. Easy hours, offered lots of over time. Hardest part of the job was cleaning the saunas because of the heat. Easiest was the eating and sitting area. Everyone was very friendly.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cleaning toilets
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at David Lloyd Gym?
  1. Employee reviews