David Aplin Group

David Aplin Group Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
Good Management. Treated myself very well.
David Aplin places personnel in Mining Projects. Jobs consists whatever the Mining Operation/Maintenance dictates.
Good over all experience friendly staff
A good over all experience with friendly knowledgeable staff very helpful in all aspects of the job . Very quality minded and and helpful especially for traveling arrangements
Best of the best.
Quality company with a great working environment. While the job is stressful, management is good about not micro-managing and trusting their employees to get things done. Feels more like a family environment than a work environment. Love working here. Truly the gold standard.
Professional and Engaging environment
The leadership team is very decicated to the success of the employees. The training is excellent. The company mission and culture is moralistic. The consultant will be on the phone all day and also connecting via email to candidates and clients. The day is very busy and requires a lot of mental energy to communicate. This job is for a talkative, energetic and driven person. There are many goals to meet and the reqards are excellent as you can earn a lot of money year by year.
Misleading and typical placement agency
They reached out to me for an opportunity based on my experience. I provided and they seen all my credentials and profile of my background. However, when they recommended a job for me they didn't have the full information to the actual role and what was to be expected?. Nevertheless I took the role and was misleading and unclear. They just care if they get paid and dont care what happens to you.
Just a number
They care very little about their temporary staff pool, and play favourites with family and friends. Placements are often not what you think they are. I was sent to a job beyond my qualifications, and when I called in with my concerns, I was told to do the job or expect no further placements. They pay the lowest of all placements agencies i have worked with, and get mad when you turn down work. Would never work with them again.
They offer a variety of places to work and you get great experience. They are supportive and very helpful in placing you at locations and companies that match your experience.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
You don't have a regular position or long term employment at one place
Flexible work, great for income while job hunting
I have had exceptional temporary assignments with David Aplin in the past two years. This is a professional agency that has built a very good reputation by sticking to a principled business approach. Highly recommended.
Its a placement agency
I am hired out as a contractor through David Aplin. I have very little dealings with them. They pay my wage, thats it. There are no benefits and only the minimum paid holidays.
Pros
good pay
Cons
only the minimum holidays
good
I was assigned at another company. David aplin is a good placement agency for people who wants to start their career. Gives you the experience you need. Gets paid in time. pretty straight forward.
well organized placements
Excellent experience and confidence in my skills and abilities to perform all tasks. Placements were close to my residence and easy to access. Very positive workplace environments.
Pros
Variety in tasks
Cons
placement length not long enough
bad management internally
company founded with vision and character;
too many internal promotions to top sales people not managers

Sales people not given the proper management training and this makes the branch competitive

favortism

managers constantly changing
Pros
some training and lunches
Cons
bad management head office in calgary not ottawa so no support
I love working at David Aplin Group!
I've only been working here for about 3 months & I love it! I know it hasn't been a long time but all I can say is nothing but positive feedback. There are many tasks to be done during the work week but as long as you are good @ managing your time well, you can expect to be stress free. I've learned many things about my role through my trainer, boss & colleagues. Everyone is very helpful & truly care about your growth. Management is amazing - they don't make you feel inferior. They motivate & guide you to become as great as they are. Training is very thorough but fast. As long as you are a fast learner, you can succeed with DAG. The hardest part of the job is when the internet server goes down & your productivity gets hindered because you have to stop working until the internet is back up & running. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people - colleagues, candidates & clients. It's always a pleasure dealing with candidates & clients because they're always so pleasant - in person, via phone/email. Colleagues will get to know you on a different level besides just on a professional one. Everyone takes their work very seriously but always leaves time for fun, food & laughter. Very diverse bunch & it makes work interesting!
Pros
Good people & workplace culture
Cons
Internet server
Working there was great , I checked, packed , clean , put away , an counted jewelry all day it wasnt a bad job at all , we just had to keep up with the deadlines an all that stuff
Pros
Free dinner if stated past 5-9 pm
Cons
Yes 8:30 to 5 but if you wanted over time it would be 5-9pm
Autonomous Recruitment Role
Autonomous Recruitment Role. Flexible work hours with a blank canvas culture. Collaborative team culture with specialized recruitment areas. Well recognized brad in Alberta market.
Very good to work for
Have had several placement with them. They are great to work for and have never had any problems. Will continue to work for them as they have always gotten me great placements.
Always something available
David Aplin is a great place to look for both temporary and permanent employment. They have accounts with both large and small businesses in a variety of fields. You are almost guaranteed to find a job that works for you.
Exceptional Company to be associated with
I was an independent contractor and The David Aplin Group handled the Bridging between myself and the Contract Company, Royal Dutch Shell with the upmost respect and professionalism. They were very personable and helpful with all aspects of my contract. The management and staff were personally invested in resolution of issues and genuinely cared about the results.
Pros
Very Professional
Cons
Short Term Contract
Productive and fun place to work
good place to work
Good working conditions

Good benefits

extremely safe environement

shift work was suitable with 4 on 4 off

fly in fly out paid by company
temporary positions
Experienced a lot of different traits, always different positions which allowed me to expand on my education/skills

data entry

maintaining/organizing files

office duties as assigned

always meeting new people

constant learning
Pros
work on your own schedule
Cons
not guaranteed work
As a Temporary Agency
I have never had any issues working with and for David Aplin. They are flexible and appreciative. They work hard to get you permanent positions that are the right fit for you.
Pros
Appreciate your work
Cons
low salary compared to other agencies