David Aplin Group Employee Reviews

bad management internally
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2018
company founded with vision and character;
too many internal promotions to top sales people not managers
Sales people not given the proper management training and this makes the branch competitive
favortism
managers constantly changing
Pros
some training and lunches
Cons
bad management head office in calgary not ottawa so no support
well organized placements
Reception and Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2018
Excellent experience and confidence in my skills and abilities to perform all tasks. Placements were close to my residence and easy to access. Very positive workplace environments.
Pros
Variety in tasks
Cons
placement length not long enough
Vault Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 May 2018
Working there was great , I checked, packed , clean , put away , an counted jewelry all day it wasnt a bad job at all , we just had to keep up with the deadlines an all that stuff
Pros
Free dinner if stated past 5-9 pm
Cons
Yes 8:30 to 5 but if you wanted over time it would be 5-9pm
Autonomous Recruitment Role
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2018
Autonomous Recruitment Role. Flexible work hours with a blank canvas culture. Collaborative team culture with specialized recruitment areas. Well recognized brad in Alberta market.
Very good to work for
Temporary Positions (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB20 April 2018
Have had several placement with them. They are great to work for and have never had any problems. Will continue to work for them as they have always gotten me great placements.
Always something available
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2018
David Aplin is a great place to look for both temporary and permanent employment. They have accounts with both large and small businesses in a variety of fields. You are almost guaranteed to find a job that works for you.
Exceptional Company to be associated with
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 December 2017
I was an independent contractor and The David Aplin Group handled the Bridging between myself and the Contract Company, Royal Dutch Shell with the upmost respect and professionalism. They were very personable and helpful with all aspects of my contract. The management and staff were personally invested in resolution of issues and genuinely cared about the results.
Pros
Very Professional
Cons
Short Term Contract
I love working at David Aplin Group!
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2018
I've only been working here for about 3 months & I love it! I know it hasn't been a long time but all I can say is nothing but positive feedback. There are many tasks to be done during the work week but as long as you are good @ managing your time well, you can expect to be stress free. I've learned many things about my role through my trainer, boss & colleagues. Everyone is very helpful & truly care about your growth. Management is amazing - they don't make you feel inferior. They motivate & guide you to become as great as they are. Training is very thorough but fast. As long as you are a fast learner, you can succeed with DAG. The hardest part of the job is when the internet server goes down & your productivity gets hindered because you have to stop working until the internet is back up & running. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people - colleagues, candidates & clients. It's always a pleasure dealing with candidates & clients because they're always so pleasant - in person, via phone/email. Colleagues will get to know you on a different level besides just on a professional one. Everyone takes their work very seriously but always leaves time for fun, food & laughter. Very diverse bunch & it makes work interesting!
Pros
Good people & workplace culture
Cons
Internet server
temporary positions
Data Entry and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2017
Experienced a lot of different traits, always different positions which allowed me to expand on my education/skills

data entry

maintaining/organizing files

office duties as assigned

always meeting new people

constant learning
Pros
work on your own schedule
Cons
not guaranteed work
As a Temporary Agency
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 November 2017
I have never had any issues working with and for David Aplin. They are flexible and appreciative. They work hard to get you permanent positions that are the right fit for you.
Pros
Appreciate your work
Cons
low salary compared to other agencies
Productive and fun place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB7 December 2017
good place to work
Good working conditions
Good benefits
extremely safe environement
shift work was suitable with 4 on 4 off
fly in fly out paid by company
Staffing Agency was helpful in finding a temp job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2017
I would recommend using David Applin Staffing Agency if you need help in finding employment. They did help me, but also on the other side, they did not keep in touch often, I had to call them occassionaly to see if any positions were available.
Fun, new and challenging
Server (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 July 2017
A great organization to work for if you are an outgoing, positive and seeking a new surrounding during each shift you work.A professional and flexible job if you are a part of the recruiting team of servers who are adaptable to any range of service. Reasonable hrs, great pay and a very organised company.
Poor place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Varies17 September 2017
Thai is a temp agency so the wages are very poor. They do not seem to check the places that you will be working. Job descriptions have been wrong. I would not recommend this agency
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor wages, recruitment agents poor
A great place to work!
Partner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 December 2016
I am proud to work at David Aplin Group. It's a somewhat autonomous environment where you are trained well and then empowered to create your own success.

Accomplishments are recognized and rewarded, but I also like that you have ownership over your own job security through consistent and strong performance.

As well, I have enjoyed having influence over my own work/life balance but it's refreshing that the leadership group genuinely cares about their people/teams too.
Amazing culture, great place to work and to grow.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON9 January 2017
Having worked at Aplin for nearly a decade, I can truly attest to the strong collaborative company culture and the internal support for career growth and development. So much opportunity to make an everlasting impact. The recruitment team focuses on extending that positive impact among their peers, with their clients and with job seekers. Love working here!
Top recruitment firm in the city
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2016
A fantastic organization that cares deeply about helping clients attract top talent and working with candidates to move forward in their career. Aplin teaches their employees to go the extra mile with customer service and build long lasting relationships. Senior management also emphasizes the importance of corporate social responsibility and believes in work/life balance. I would not want to work anywhere else.
Pros
impressive customer service, flexible hours
Amazing place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
David Aplin Group is by far the best company I have worked for. The training is beyond amazing which helped me to learn several aspects about recruiting and business development. They really care about the employees and treat them with respect. They have the most tenured employees company wide along with great corporate culture.
Pros
Good Compensation, Great Corporate Culture
Cons
None I can think of
Had a great thing
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2016
Worked here for 2 years - things started off well but most (all) of the attention gets placed in Western Canada. Managers and Senior Mangers didn't even talk to us easterners at the AGM or when they came to visit. Management locally was a joke- went from 3 people to about 18 then all the good people left and down to 3.

What this company misses IS David Aplin.
Pros
Agm, comp plan, flexibility
Cons
room for advancement, management
snotty people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  edmonton19 March 2014
I was not impressed with the staff. They made me feel inadequate and unskilled and I know better. They were all much younger and seemed to think your skills were reflected by how expensive your outfit was. They were not helpful at all. I would not waste my time on their interview or their stupid tests.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
if you like to be looked down on this is the agency for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Aplin Group. Our community is ready to answer.