David's Tea Employee Reviews

Gestion / Environnement de travail
Guide de thé (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC14 February 2019
Positif: travailler chez David's Tea est agréable, la relation que l'on construit avec les clients est ce que je préfère et l'équipe de travail est souvent très amusante. De plus, on apprend souvent de nouvelles choses par rapport à nos produits, ce qui rend plus facile la vente et l'explication au client, et qui agrandit nos connaissance générales.

Négatif: la gestion n'est pas toujours compréhensive quand au horaire de travail, ont doit passé nos disponibilités par une application et ils se réserve le droit d'accepter ou non, même si tu demande 1 mois à l'avance. De plus, beaucoup de quart de travail sont sur appel, ce qui veux dire que tu ne sais jamais si tu vas travailler ou non sauf la journée même, environ 2 heures avant. Cela est très stressant financièrement et aussi il t'es impossible de prévoir des choses à l'avance. De plus, il coupe souvent des quarts de travail quand ça leur arrange, sans que tu ai un mot à dire.

Bref, si la compagnie serait mieux géré et qu'il éliminerait les quarts de travail sur appel, ce serait plus amusant y travailler.
Pros
voir avis
Cons
voir avis
Not the best
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
David's Tea is a fun company but is managed terribly. District managers do not manage properly and use fear-based tactics to "manage", stores are too focused on money instead of the experience and the business is failing because of this, there is no advancement opportunities and management does not invest in employees. Typical sales associate job, but unlimited tea while on shift is a perk.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Business is failing, terrible leadership from CEO, bad management
Productive and fun place with lots of tea!
Seasonal worker for the holidays (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 February 2019
In my typical day of work, I would stock shelves, clean and disinfect, help customers choose gifts and items for themselves, or tes. I would also hand out coupons, and give out tea samples whil giving the customers lots of information about the teas. I learned about all kinds of different types of tea around the world, and lots of techniques. The management was good, I was a seasonal worker. The store was very crowded with people sometimes, and I feel like that is sometimes overwhelming but I can handle it. I do feel like the hardest part of the job was if there was some sort of inconvenience for the customer, and it is hard to fulfill their needs. For example, if their favorite mug they wanted was sold out and there was none left. My favorite part of the job was the cups of tea!
Pros
Free Tea
Cons
Crowded, small store
abus du gerant
Asistante-gérante (Former Employee) –  Maine-et-Loire30 January 2019
ce faire renvoyer pour des motifs ridicule pour mettre fin a mon emploi
Positive Work Atmosphere
Seasonal Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2019
I absolutely loved working for David's Tea, even though it was just a short contract. The environment was extremely positive, very nurturing, and I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed going to work. They made everything so clear and easy to learn. Everything had a right way to be done, a right place, a right order. And it was so CLEAN! I have never worked for any company that even comes close. I'd be thrilled to be able to work for them again!
Pros
Incredible management, positive environment
Fun workplace!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2018
Very fun place to work if you’re passionate about tea. Most coworkers are very friendly. Great as a part time job, but I would not invest too much time into this job because internal promotions usually happen only from tea guide to Keyholder then ASM and SM. District managers are usually externals, so I can see somebody stuck being a store manager for years without any advancement.. SMs are underpaid too. Starting wage is only $38000/year.
Pros
Free tea on shift, 50% discount
Was a great place.
Tea Expert (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 August 2018
Not much to say really, I enjoyed my time at David's tea. I had a great group and great tea, what more could you ask for? Just do your job and enjoy yourself. Its a great place to work, especially for students.
Fun workplace full of great people
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2018
David's tea is a positive environment that can get very fast paced at times. It's full of of fun loving coworkers and has excellent, flexible management.
Pros
Fun, great entry level job, all the tea you can drink, room for advancement
Cons
Not very challenging, can get mundane
environnement stimulant axé sur la formation
Gérante de magasin (Former Employee) –  Montreal24 June 2018
Formation primordiale pour tous les membres de l'équipe incluant les différents produits et attentes de la compagnie. Suivi des habiletés fait en continu.Travail d'équipe. Porté sur l'autonomie des gens et leur développement.
Pros
service à la clientèle où l'expérience doit être mémorable
Cons
gestion du stock
Don't.
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2018
Absolute garbage place to work.
David's tea almost ruined my love for tea. Not to mention management is disorganized, and you're given a three month probation period. Which means any excuse to lay off employees. It happened to two new people working there, and I couldn't help but feel terrible for them. Theres also a low income salary, and no benefits.
The level of expectations for employees is also very high, for something that pays so little.
My suggestion is work someplace else.
Pros
Free tea during your shift.
Cons
No set schedule, unreasonable expectations, long probation period, low income, no benefits, disorganized management.

Want to know more about David's Tea?

Ask a question
Not bad, but room for improvement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK25 May 2018
Job was good, pay and in-job politics were not. The company took a shift and made sales their main worry and focus, and in all honesty that detracted from the job to such an extent that our customers noticed.
Pros
Free tea, not a bad place to show up, nice atmosphere.
Cons
Diddly squat for pay, in job politics.
Good Company, Salaries are lower, Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2018
.Good Company, Salaries are lower, Poor Management
The store manager and district manager don't care about people, constant poor communication, most of coworkers don't care about the business. Storage very massy, nobody care, nobody take care include the manager..
Pros
Free tea, good discount
Cons
lower salary, poor management
Great for rounding out resume
Seasonal Tea Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB23 April 2018
Fast-paced, well-rounded work experience. Super understanding for booking availability for students. Fre drinks on shift. The only downside is you end up addicted to tea
Pros
50% discount
A laid back yet focused work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2018
The ability to interact with customers has always been something I value, and that's something thats encouraged in this company. However I find upper management to be very sales driven, which is understandable. In regards to respecting the actual customer service aspect I find there is a lack.
Amazing Workplace and Company
Seasonal Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 February 2018
The company really focuses on teamwork and it is so effective. I really learned a lot there and it was truly an amazing experience. 50% off merchandise is nice as well but the culture is the real selling point. The management was really really amazing.
fun place, great workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2018
great working environment with lots of great coworkers. It is a small store but its fine. You can enjoy lots of benefits, like free tea and discount products.
Pros
free tea
Cons
must stay very happy
A fun place to work but poorly managed.
Tea Guide/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  montreal, quebec16 January 2018
While this is a fun and great place to work, at times, management was laking. Head office began to cut our hours with meetings and breaks. While their prices go up, many customers make complaints.
Fun filled environment full of bright personalities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 November 2017
It's like helping someone find their favorite color, trying to find flavors that people enjoy and finding a corresponding tea to match their tastes and personalities was less of an obligation and more of a game, played by everyone.
Asking open ended question is the key to understanding what a person is about and what a person needs. Helping staff understand this was a key function of my role here, something i thrived at.
Sometimes, introducing someone to the world of loose leaf tea can be a hard step, making them see past the added steps of having to make it themselves and seeing the benefit of a healthy routine to produce something that they enjoy.
Watching someone fall deeply in love with the idea of loose leaf tea and diving right into it is the most satisfying experiences i have ever felt.
Pros
Extended knowledge on loose leaf tea
Cons
Mall location, can be treated more like fast food.
good for student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
good if you are the store manager.
good as a first job or if you are a student.
very casual hours.

the people are the best part of the job.
I worked as the store shipment organizer which was good for me and allowed me to get guaranteed shifts.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Fun to work but much to be improved
Pacaging (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2017
It is a nice place to start but as you progress with your work you understand how bad it is managed.
The rules of jobs are not applied the same for everybody. Too many Philippines are engaged as supervisors and they don't respect other people who try to work hard and be honest with their work.
Now they are laying off a lot of people but surprisingly none of Philippines were laid off. It looks like Philippines have dominance so much so that they decide who stays and who leaves the work.
This company keeps the working environment generally very clean. They have a vast variety of tea and it is very well packed.
Working during the hot season over there was a challenge. Some of the workers passes out and that was bad. There is no fresh air and the lack of oxygen was obvious and nothing was done to improve the situation. I wonder how the government regulations allows such a working conditions to take place.