David's Bridal

David's Bridal Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews
Busy
I worked at David's bridal as a stylist, the job is fun if you like fashion and clothes. it us very busy because you may be working with more than one customer or a bridal party. the pay is competitive minimum wage plus commission.
The worst part of the job
Seasonal staff doesn’t really get any shifts and the schedule changes a lot. They’ll schedule you like 3-4 shifts for 2 weeks and cancel 3-4 of them. There’s never a shift that’s the same you’re either super busy with a huge line up for dressing rooms or there isn’t a single soul in there. The job is a lot of fun, just challenging to get customers to leave after half and hour and actually sell the products plus it’s really difficult to make the daily goal so don’t plan on getting commission because even management has been caught changing shifts around to avoid giving people commission At least that’s what I’d be told but I loved working there
Great part-time job
Great part-time job. Flexible with university schedule and friendly coworkers. Minimum wage with sales commission dependent on percent of person sales goal exceeded.
Competitive and degrading
The atmosphere here is unnecessarily competitive and some of management were derogatory towards employees both in person and behind their backs. Once they decide you arent good enough, you don’t get anymore shifts and they refuse your calls.
Great place to work!
Great team environment, great management, excellent place to work. Fast passed, lots of opportunity for growth and learning. Requires time management and interpersonal skills. Flexible work life balance.
Horrible management
I was excited to get the job due to how they made it sound like a friendly environment but after a few days of working slowly you start to see that it is not. It is very competitive against each other when it should be a group effort and the manager gets upset when you don’t make the sales goal you are assigned which is very unrealistic most times. For example they expect you to sell up to 1500 in 4.5 hours meanwhile there are other people working with you and sometimes no customers to work with.
work more and get less
You put more efforts than what you get. Fool you by saying we pay incentives which they don't. Its been 3
months working there and i still don't know their payroll criteria because i always make more than my sales goals and never got any bonus or incentive
Cambridge
I was happy about getting a job there but that quickly went down because of the store manager..she did not help with training..she would get upset if you didn't sell..she decreased my hrs..took away clientele and ended up telling me if I didn't start selling I would be fired... so I quit..
Hard and competitive
It was super hard and competitive and they would only get a few clients which would be taken by the employees working there for a long time. People were unfair, nonsupportive.
Wasn’t a fan
I personally wasn’t a fan of working at David’s they have an EXTREMELY long training pamphlet that MUST be completed; the job atmosphere was no fun for me and and I had a hard time with the extreme dress code
Loved working with brides building repore
Amazing job, always a joy to go to work! Creating memories that last a life time and being personable always showing how important our clients are. An experience at its finest and going above and beyond to make it known the importance of each and every client as you make their dreams a reality!
I love what I do but...
Expectations of the stylists are high with very little compensation in return. Unrealistic expectations in terms of work life balance for a PART TIME position.
No wage increases, should have increases based on performance and years of service added to the commission minimum a well as minimum wage.

Customers deserve 1:1 ratio, especially when shopping for a wedding dress.
Friendly but demanding
Good job, however hours completely depend on demand so it is not a full time job throughout the year, nice and friendly coworkers, however great patience is required to deal with customers
Amazing staff to work with.
I love working with people knowing that I'm about to make them them feel amazing for their big day or for any occasion they are going too. I'm a big part in someone's special day.
Fun workplace
Staff was fun to work with. Managers were amazing. Enviornment was enjoyable. I enjoyed my experience working at davids bridal. I wish there were more chances to upgrade positions.
Busy and Demanding
Very stressful job where the room for growth is not as the mangers perceive it to be. Was supposed to start in alterations and started at the front of house instead.
Incredible Staff, Part Time Only
This is a fun place to work, as long as you enjoy a fast paced environment, with lots of problem solving. If you’re okay with part time and only part time you’ll be fine. There’s no opportunity for full time unless a management or the full time stylist position becomes available. Management is very dedicated to their jobs and genuinely want to help you, but can be overbearing and unwilling to take new ideas. With any corporate business the direction comes from an unseen headquarters and there’s no questioning or space for new ideas, but at a store level feel free to voice your input and thoughts. Very open, honest work environment, with a lot of people who are female empowering, driven, excited and want to be there. Expect to start at minimum wage, with the possibility of commission and yearly raises if you perform well.
Pros
Potlucks, great staff, consistent expectations
Cons
High stress moments, lack of support from management
Great people minimum to no hours
I had worked for this company twice in the past and found that when management changed little to no hours were given to the employees so a few people had to look for jobs elewear.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Little to No Hours
Satisfying work low pay high stress
The job varies between locations and management makes a huge difference. We often are behind on completing alterations and end up working under unrealistic time crunches. Overall the work is satisfying to see a client feel great in their altered special dress but the stress level can be very high and the pay is minimum wage with little to no incentives.
Pros
Coffee breaks
Cons
High stress, crazy clients at times
Customer Service Representative
I was hired just as a seasonal worker during their busiest time of year.

If you're a quick learner then you'll be fine but if you need to be shown things more then once be prepared to be overwhelmed very quickly.

Their training for new hires is inadequate, and I only got 6 hours a week afterwards and yet still expected to sell over $100 worth of stuff.

Their computer systems for inventory, customers, customer profiles, and orders is a mess and very convoluted and I had to constantly ask how to use the till because of it.

There was high turnover in CSRs and Stylists positions.

Management was going through a lot of changes, were also not trained well and had to figure things out.

I hope things are better now.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
bad hours, horrible database, not enough training
Bad company
Degrading work culture where managers encourage popularity contests to get the most hours of work. Gossip runs amuck and upper management has no idea how to actually run the store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Workplace culture
Ask a question about working or interviewing at David's Bridal. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9