Davco Welding Ltd

Davco Welding Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews

workpeoplecompanyjobplaceemployeelotexperience

Oil patch

Typical family owned patch company. Last minute notice to go to jobs. Lots of confusion. Some good talented guys too though. Try and get to a site. The yard is very stressfulSite work is easier.

Good atmosphere. I don't have anything negative to say. Except the prints and QC doesn't get involved in the fitup. Also hard to advance as a pressure welder.

Pros

Good pay/ atmosphere

Cons

The prints can get tricky

Insights into Davco Welding Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great coworkers.

Compared to the other companies Davco is better to work for. It's a relaxed work environment work events help connect the workers help build trust in each other helps build a better team.

Family type business

Its a family business and family orientated not very enjoyable work place. Its a good place for young people to apprentice at and to get their welding education

Could definitely use a better manager

Owners son shouldn't be a manager. Poor decisions and poor staff/client relationships cause havoc and interfere in production. Coveralls were handed in and taken to be washed offsite. No repairs were made. Have to keep asking for ppe, gloves glasses earplugs. We asked other outfits onsite for these.

Poor Culture

Company Consistently shows that they do not care about their employees and the owners let their incompetent son run job after job into the ground and treat the company like his own piggy bank.

Pros

Really good supervison and employees at this company. Easy to get along with people

Cons

Ownership gets invovled and screws projects up and blames it on everyone else

Learn the right way

Great experience builder, lets an employee gain experience in tons of areas in each field. Company works in a way where if you're good at your job and work hard you will be taken care of, if you suck then you'll be dropped pretty quick so the bad reviews probably come from people that couldn't measure up. Company is definitely made by its workers and supervisors in spite of upper management but that's a common theme in most companies.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Some management, not all

Great Management, Awesome people

Recommended place to work with lots of opportunities when the economy is underway. Currently to slow (like many other companies are experiencing) at the moment to maintain employing regular employees.

good company towards salary

happy with the work if I got called back I would go back! Very supportive towards apprentices of welding and pipefitting. Rewards for getting good grades in school.

Good local welding shop

Great shop to apprentice in. There is great opportunity to improve within your trade and get experience at Davco. I learned a lot working for the knowledgeable welders and pipefitters that this company employs.

Pros

local

Cons

safety culture

Good if you need a job in the area

Davco is a gong show of a company. They promote based on who has been there the longest more then who is qualified enough. Good people work there, so that helps.

Pros

its a job

Cons

not well run, always a gong show

made some good friends.

good group of guys, everyone had fun while the work lasted. when work picks up again and Davco starts hiring, I would recommend this place to friends for sure.

Not a good company to work for

Worked with the company for four years and they have never treated their employees with respect. They cut wages while spending money on unnecessary things, if anyone says anything to them they threaten their jobs, they frequently underpay on hours and will only correct it when you confront them on it. The majority of their equipment is poorly maintained and isn't worked on even when told about the issue (example being, a trucks ebrake wasn't functional but they send it out to sites regardless and ended up causing an incident). I have personally seen the owner of the company throw and break employees personal items and tools.

Cons

Unpaid lunch, poor equipment, disrespectful.

fun place lots to learn about the oil and gas industry-leading

Good place to work.Management was good to there employees,the people were great to work with.Very versatile job.could change from minute to minute.The hardest part of the job is not being prepared for a long work day.

Pros

good atmosphere to work in.

Cons

not knowing if u r prepared

Worked like a mule

No respect for employees . Davco is the kind of place that acts like they own you . I would work there again just simply because a bad job is better than no job

Pros

n\a

Cons

everything

not a chance

Management was terrible, they judge you and base you on what they see even if your a good worker and will fire you by setting impossible goals to reach, overall terrible experience, so i do not recommend them

Great group of people, both professionally and personally.

A dynamic, growing company. Great group of people and an experienced staff. BBQ s and company picnics are part of the company culture.

Great people. great work

Great boss . loved working there. Lot of pressure but can handle it. Learned about people and how to handle different situations. Hardest part of job long hours and out of town lots. Like to learn everything I can about my job and upper jobs. I enjoy new things and learning process to get to a higher level. Hardest part of job is dealing with personalities but talking out problems helps

Pros

Great money, nice people

Cons

Long hours, away from home

I really enjoyed the people that worked there

I enjoyed the people i worked with. The management was no good. I got lied to about my bluebook when i was receiving it and im still missing 1200 hours for my appreniship.

good place to work

good place to work good people good wage. busy work enviroment lots of different experience. very helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Davco Welding Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement