DATA COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT

DATA COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Not a smart choice at the moment
The company is restructuring and it is a very volatile environment. Jobs are being cut and eliminated. This used to be an amazing environment before the takeover.
It was good
Working at this gave me a permanent job which helped me to balance my life financially. It could have been good if I had a salary increase for my experience
Dying Company with a poor culture
DCM is in a dying industry with a complete lack of will to adapt. Senior management is bleeding the company dry and laying people off at a whim despite not addressing the real issues. I would not recommend working here as they expect you to work 80 hour work weeks with no extra compensation.
Typical work place with mismanagement,
Its a Typical work place with Lots of mismanagement.

Management is not that great, looks like Longest stayed employee wants to give you a hard time ,
Great Workplace with worklife balance.
Great Workplace with worklife balance. Knowledgeable and supportive team mates. Managers lead by example and encourage great workplace culture where everyone participates in regular team building activities.
Wonderful place to work
great place to work and wonderful people to work with, with great wages and great hours. Good place to get ahead in a job and learn something new all the time.
Was a good company to work for initially
I enjoyed my time with DCM but the direction they are moving results in extremely talented staff are let go. I managed to gain a lot of work experience in my profession and made numerous friends during my time
very stressful learning curves in this company
holidays and weekends off is great, holidays are good, wages are ok but a secret causing tension with employees, there is a very strong culture clash some cultures don't want to train other cultures. They buy out people who have served for over 30 yrs and keep people with only 3 months no job security. Top rate is hard to reach. Fast-paced
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DATA COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT?
Challenging Environment to work in. Culture is not what is once was.
Challenging Environment to work in. Culture is not what is once was. We are over worked and there is no benefits or extra help given. Guidance and help from management is lacking.
good place to work
check what jobs are rush
digital coarse for new equipment

work place culture was good

producing quality products on a small time frame

working hours can be adjusted
Stay far away
Open deck chair spaces on the Titanic

Terrible culture despite their attempts

No money to pay vendors or give raises

Customers quickly going elsewhere
Productive fun workplace with great staff.
Looked forward to going to work each morning, coworkers were always friendly and willing to help. Workload was moderate and left to your own to complete your work.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
no cons
Horrible place
Horrible place to work in. Horrible bosses and horrible upper management. They only care what's coming into their pockets , they put people in charge who have no idea how things are supposed to function. Never around for assistance or support. They leave their employees drowning in work never asking how it's going.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Learned Security printing and Business Form production. Training was provided to hone these specific skills. I very much enjoyed working here. Shortage of work led to multiple production employee layoffs.
Decent Working Conditions

-Fast workpace

-Communication of Team Members

Workplace Culture:

-Mellow working environment

-People were not as talkative thus making the work environment very lonely and tedious

Hardest Part:

-Waking up at 6AM every weekend

Most Enjoyable Part:

-Seeing Co-Workers and interacting/talking whenever the chance appears.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Very Early Hours
Always stressed. Like walking on nails
The IT Director commented out loud that 'everyone at Data Comm was either 85 or dead'. Then there is the Project Lead, who knows nothing about 'best practices', but pretend to. Not to mention the Politics, all the VPs hated each other, smile and stab.
Pros
Fridge to keep lunch cool
Cons
Literally, the opposite of heaven.
A Pretty Unprofessional Company
In my experience at the company, I was taken advantage of. The coworkers are nice to your face but talk poorly to management about any little thing they can just to make you look bad and to make themselves look good. They say ask questions a lot, but when you do you get in trouble. Extremely stressful. Management would make promises of training but wouldn’t come though on any of it. In this company if you are a good employee that stays quiet and doesn’t cause trouble you will get fired, because someone else is talking behind your back trying to make you look bad. That is the only thing I can not say bad about the management, because if they only ever hear one side of any story, they will go with what they hear. I had high hopes going into the company just to be disappointed. The company is poorly organized and poorly run.
Pros
They have a free Gym, and good parking
Cons
Poorly Managed, Cut Throat Environment, Not Organized at all
Was a wonderful place to work, supportive team
Enjoyed my time there. I worked with a lot of great Customers and fellow employee's Data Communications is going in a NEW direction, which was not a match for me.
They do events to team build.
Learn a lot about coding for PDFs, using Adobe Acrobat Pro, Acro-Script, AODA using Jaws, Word, LiveCycle, and InDesign. The training is persistent with the job application.
Pros
Pot luck lunches, Free Coffee.
Cons
For the size, a strong company
the culture is a happy culture at Data. People are not stressed as much since the roles and responsibilities are well defined. Bottomless coffee cups for free is a big hit in this company. Work is done in a family oriented concept where people are familiar with one another.. The CEO is a very pleasant and engaging individual and so are the other senior management team. their pleasant demeanor is contagious. You can't help but smile on a daily basis.
Pros
Free coffee, very pleasant work environment. Very supportive management.
Cons
Can't think of one.
A good place to learn
Like the title says, I learned alot at DATA. My professional skills matured year after year. The culture at DATA needs to change, there is little to no honest communication between management and executives down to their employees. Departmental divide is huge is this company, and with everyone not in the loop, the attitude is usually 'pass the buck'. Overall, the employee base is exceptionally friendly and professional, if only execs could understand retention is important.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
just a number