DARTS Transit Employee Review

View all DARTS Transit reviews

Flawed Systems / Unorganized
Call Taker / Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 May 2019
I was excited to finally learn and be part of the company as a newly hired employee. They first sort out your employment information including tax and banking. The training seemed straight forward, however they do not provide you enough hands on work for application skills. So when it was time for you to take calls you end up being lost. In training, we all shared only one computer, scripting wasn't provided, unclear on which tools to use on Trapeze for certain situations and most of all, they don't provide you sound notes for training. In fact, they tell you not to write anything down for additional notes. You will get in trouble if you do so and they repeatedly say "just do it, don't write anything down".

As for management, the supervisor first off is rude, unapproachable and have no people skills. As a harmonious individual, I've pardoned their behaviour. I understand people have different personalities but she wasn't at least professional. There was no professional etiquette nor accommodations for further assistance; even if it was a simple approval if you're doing the task right just to double check. Management breaks rules as well including no cell phones, no perfume/hairspray or fragrance. Most management leaves their cellphones on the desk and wears perfume or hairspray.

Some staff continually make you feel unwelcomed. For example, they doubt your abilities and knowledge to a point where you feel uncomfortable. Treat you as if you don't "belong" or aren't "good enough". Some staff are very kind and helpful but defeats the purpose when management is rude.

The
  more... computer systems are out dated. Most computers are very slow or the program they're using is slow. Some don't work at all and sometimes their whole system shuts down. This triggers management to act aggressive towards the newly hired individuals compared to the staff who have worked longer. As I was being shadow trained, the computer system was flawed. One side of the screens didn't generate the addresses automatically as it should and I was left doing everything manually. During this time, I was being tested to see if I pass the application test. Of course it took me longer since the address generator didn't work and I did everything manually on a timely efficient fashion.

Shortly when the whole system shuts down again right near the end of my shift, the supervior called me in their office. There was also an HR and another dispatch employee with them. They rushed to inform me to return my employment ID back, forcefully kicked me out using their dispatch employee as an escort; without having the chance to speak. The work culture and work etiquette is beyond inviting nor professional. Bullies in fact. I do not recommend anyone working here.
Pros
Cons
Rude management, rude staff, unorganized, unethical

Other DARTS Transit Employee Reviews

The passengers make this job an honour to do
Patient Transfer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 November 2019
Loved working here, the driving team and dispatch where phenomenal to work with. The equipment was fair, the mechanics work very hard to keep the fleet going.
Providing an important service with many good people
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 July 2019
I really enjoyed working here and the staff are great for the most part.

It can be hard for a new employee to get a sense of how they are doing as once you are trained you will likely be in a lot of evenings and weekends when managers aren't
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
dreary office and lack of clear coaching

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DARTS Transit. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8