DARTS Transit Employee Reviews

Flawed Systems / Unorganized
Call Taker / Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 May 2019
I was excited to finally learn and be part of the company as a newly hired employee. They first sort out your employment information including tax and banking. The training seemed straight forward, however they do not provide you enough hands on work for application skills. So when it was time for you to take calls you end up being lost. In training, we all shared only one computer, scripting wasn't provided, unclear on which tools to use on Trapeze for certain situations and most of all, they don't provide you sound notes for training. In fact, they tell you not to write anything down for additional notes. You will get in trouble if you do so and they repeatedly say "just do it, don't write anything down".

As for management, the supervisor first off is rude, unapproachable and have no people skills. As a harmonious individual, I've pardoned their behaviour. I understand people have different personalities but she wasn't at least professional. There was no professional etiquette nor accommodations for further assistance; even if it was a simple approval if you're doing the task right just to double check. Management breaks rules as well including no cell phones, no perfume/hairspray or fragrance. Most management leaves their cellphones on the desk and wears perfume or hairspray.

Some staff continually make you feel unwelcomed. For example, they doubt your abilities and knowledge to a point where you feel uncomfortable. Treat you as if you don't "belong" or aren't "good enough". Some staff are very kind and helpful but defeats the purpose when management is rude.

The
  more... computer systems are out dated. Most computers are very slow or the program they're using is slow. Some don't work at all and sometimes their whole system shuts down. This triggers management to act aggressive towards the newly hired individuals compared to the staff who have worked longer. As I was being shadow trained, the computer system was flawed. One side of the screens didn't generate the addresses automatically as it should and I was left doing everything manually. During this time, I was being tested to see if I pass the application test. Of course it took me longer since the address generator didn't work and I did everything manually on a timely efficient fashion.

Shortly when the whole system shuts down again right near the end of my shift, the supervior called me in their office. There was also an HR and another dispatch employee with them. They rushed to inform me to return my employment ID back, forcefully kicked me out using their dispatch employee as an escort; without having the chance to speak. The work culture and work etiquette is beyond inviting nor professional. Bullies in fact. I do not recommend anyone working here.
Pros
Cons
Rude management, rude staff, unorganized, unethical
High responsibility low compensation
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 July 2018
Extreme level of responsibility, imbalanced ratio of work load to pay, rude and condescending dispatchers and management. Client complaints daily, exposed to illnesses and expected to work long past the end time given with no compensation for over time
Pros
Home time
Cons
The entire job
Accounts receivable and payroll clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 November 2017
The atmosphere is great. Best people. Unfortunately, I have a part time job and no chances for a full time position. I need to advance in my career and I have no advancement possibilities there.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
No cafeteria and no near places to take a hot lunch, The offices are located near the garage and it is a bit noisy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DARTS Transit. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5