Dare Foods Limited
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Dare Foods Limited Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews

goodpeoplemanagementworkjobpaydareplace

Youre not just an employee number.

Working at Dare Foods is an opportunity to dhare yourvideas and work with cross-functional teams. The number of employees who have been there 20+ years is testament to the fact that people enjoy working at Dare Foods.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, collaborative, opportunity to advance over time

Cons

Heavy workload

amazing culture and great peopleeveryone there is supportive and positive office is quite nice, free parking, very large break hall and free coffee !

Insights into Dare Foods Limited

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Difficult culture

High turnover of good employees due to long time diffucult employees being too hard to get rid of. My manager, the other person's manager and HR were no help when I complained. I just got 'deal with it' attitude. Stay away from here.

extreme favourism, do not question your

poor training, lack of follow thru by Supervisors, inequality & targeting of discipline, severe lack of possible advancement opportunities, no rotation, resulting in poor ergonomics resulting in multiple injuries and cronic ailments.

Pros

A single doughnut from tim's after 5 yrs service

Cons

A single doughnut after 5 yrs service

Environnement convivial

J'aime bien cette entreprise car le travailleur est valorisé.

Pros

Pauses rémunérées

Fast paced, poorly managed,

Got to work with great people. Management was absolutely horrible. You are made to feel worthless and spoken down to on a daily basis. You have next to no support and constantly talked about behind your back. The manger was the worst.

Pros

Pay was good

Cons

Bad manager

I liked it there when i used to work there.

I found it stressful at times because of my anxiety. Plus, it was hard for me to work in some areas because I'm not used to doing so many things altogether

Pros

Bring your own lunch was good.

Cons

15 minute breaks were always short: like say 12 minutes

A very humane place to work with a very good supervisor

Very safety conscious place to work among predominantly nice people and a very good supervisor. Work is good and hours of work not bad with good people to work with with very few exception

Pros

Very human atmosphere

Cons

A lot of backbiting and conclusions without sincere investigations

Fun workplace

I like working out this company very laid-back and on going and the people are nice to work with and it’s I like how you work alone and. Other then that it’s a great job but the pay can be better.

good company , unclear expectations

Good company but different directives from every management team member. Enjoyed the company but they are missing opportunities in the community to build priest Product recognition and build Canadian brand

Fast-paced good learning experience

Good place to work always on the go in fast-paced baking facility Management treats employees fair, decent wages and good shifts Lots of free cookies too!

Superbe expérience

On travail autant sur des vieilles machines que les neuves, c'est une excellente entreprise, dommage qu'ils ferment leur porte au québec

Ok place to work just poorly managed

No culture sometimes things you do are the worst thing ever then their not then they are again then comes the rule changes that aren’t followed through with on a weekly basis it seemed to be rules for some no rules for others. Overall needs better/more consistent management

Okay place

Management changes alot, the past 4 years we have had 4 plant managers....over this time not just the management but the plant itself has changed a bit they have expanded and new equipment put in place with the hope to improving sales but this is all the company seems to care about. Employees are not supported the way they should be at the plant and the human resource department never returns calls or emails. They pay is okay but if u want to get benefits with the company be prepared to spend at least $250 a month for basic health/ dental Also milton is the ONLY plant not unionized all others are.

Environment agréable, salaire compétitif,

Les travailleurs et l'environment est agréable. Très bonne procédure de travail.

Pros

compagnons de travail agréable.

Cons

Superviseurs non informé de l'aspect respect et neutralité personnel.

Productive and hard working people

The overall experience at Dare foods was good, the people were great, they taught me a lot. The people to the time to explain everything to me carefully.

Terrible place to work!

Worked at Dare as a picker for a little while in the cherry blossom location. They expect you to slave for them with no thanks. They offer you a contract get your hopes up ,than give contracts to others and give you no reason as to why. Unionized but you have to pay a premium for benefits.

Pros

Employee sale

Cons

Everything else

Decent place typical factory environment

Staff was good to work with easy going, not much room to move up unless been there a while and night shifts were hard to adapt to. Pay was like $16 a couple years back and you get an extra $1 premium for night shifts.

Pros

Free candy

Cons

Long nights repetitive tasks

intresting place

very demanding place and always had to be on you toes, its one of those keep going till your finished jobs. trying to get everything complete was the challenge and staying awake.

Pros

cookies

Cons

working nights

Bonne ambiance

Une compagnie familiale et belle équipe de travail. J'y travaille depuis 19 ans. Malheureusement déménage dans un an en Ontario. J'ai été opératrice et chocolatiere. Formatrice et délégué en santé sécurité.

It was a wonderful experience

Thoroughly enjoyed this position and the relationships that developed during my time there. I definitely learned a lot about the supplier aspect along with forecasting future sales

Pros

relationships and forecasting

Cons

office relocated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dare Foods Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement