Danier Employee Review

Fun yet Competitive Workplace Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 April 2014
In a typical day it is one's duty to keep up with personal sales targets and compete with coworkers for making a sale with customers. I learned a great deal of selling with this retail experience and greatly benefitted me as now when I shop I look at the finer detail of the product before purchasing.
Policies created by Head Office and district managers seemed unrealistic and sometimes inappropriate to the situation, not necessarily for the customers, but for the employees. Coworkers were fantastic to work with, unless they had a negative mood which affected the selling in the store.
The hardest part of the job was closing a sale. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customer leave the store with a smile on their face, as you hope they will return for more shopping. Making valued customers is key.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Grading system

Other Danier Employee Reviews

Learning Experience
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
No benefits provided to full time employees. All stores are pop up locations so contract positions only. People are hired based on connections, which means little room for advancement. Lots of micro managing and bullying from upper management. Expected to do a lot with minimal appreciation (zero recognition for the work you put in but constantly berating).
Cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2018
Working at Danier was a great experience that taught me lots about working efficiently with retail instead of food ( which I normally worked with in the past).
Pros
Discounts on amazing leather
Cons
not enough hours