Danier Employee Reviews

Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 October 2019
No work/home life
Unrealistic expectations
Competitive and cut-throat
Expect to be told what to wear. Always a leather piece which is fine but they decided what colours you were allowed to wear.
Fun and competitive environment
PART TIME TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 October 2019
Fun and competitive environment. Up until the closure of our Sudbury location Danier was probably one of my favorite places to work. Fun and balanced team, work load was fair for the pay rate, and commissioned sales kept a fun competitive nature. Merchandising was always top notch and the time frames weren't unrealistic. Our manager was great and was always accommodating with in reason.
Pros
Commissioned sales
Cons
store closed
Perfect
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2019
This is an organization where you can learn a lot . The management are very open to listen to your suggestions and everyone is always there to Help.

Great
Love the company and my job
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2018
Worked full time for a few months and everyday is a new day.
I usually get bored of a job easily. Yes, it is a fast-paced job, but as it's a higher end store it is not as stressful. Management listens very well and is organized. Only downside is that almost every paycheque I have received had an error so I have to always check to make sure. The job is physically demanding, and having a strict dress code meant having to wearing heels for 8 hours a day. Sometimes it was difficult to handle multiple customers at once, but overall I love working here and is a great environment. Only downfall is your hours are somewhat based on sales, and sometimes the goals you have to hit were unattainable.
Make under minimum wage and have to sell to make commission.
Pros
great team, great environment, good management
Cons
hours based on sales
Commission based sales
Commission based sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 September 2018
Unrealistic expectations of sales. Merchandise was outdated. Management at the location I worked at was terrible. Culture and sales practices were outdated.
Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 August 2018
Great place to grow and work with talented sales personnel in a fast paced retail environment. There is much room to grow with encouragement from management to excel.
fun place to work
Customer Service Team Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
Typical day at work would include cashing out customers, replenish the floor. organizing stock and managing inventory. management was supportive and encouraging.
great place to grow
Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON10 July 2018
Was a great place to start to develop your career. Started as a cashier in a short period of time was trained and developed to manage my own store. Loved the management meetings to further develop my managing skills.
Company went bankrupt
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2018
I was a seasonal sales associate and was mistreated by my manager, not only that, but my commission/sales were stolen by other employees while I was helping other customers
great job for students.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2018
Great job if you are in school. very flexible with hours and your own schedule. they look after the well being of their workers and make sure that they give him the necessary tools to succeed
Learning Experience
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
No benefits provided to full time employees. All stores are pop up locations so contract positions only. People are hired based on connections, which means little room for advancement. Lots of micro managing and bullying from upper management. Expected to do a lot with minimal appreciation (zero recognition for the work you put in but constantly berating).
Cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2018
Working at Danier was a great experience that taught me lots about working efficiently with retail instead of food ( which I normally worked with in the past).
Pros
Discounts on amazing leather
Cons
not enough hours
Great staff and co workers
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 March 2018
I absolutely loved the staff and co workers, we became like a family working closely together and very goal oriented. Clients were mostly cheerful coming into our store for merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON7 March 2018
Working at Danier, i was always pushed to do better, even though i had made all my targets and made my day getting pushed to keep going was one of the reasons i loved working there.
Bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
In-store staff is great, however management is unprofessional, An example of this is the hiring of friends and family as assistant managers etc. Salary is fixed rate + commission and we can barely reach minimum wage. There is very little space for advancing in career.
Pros
Same-level colleagues are great people
Cons
Management, low salary, no career perspective
Material Handler-Order/Picker (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON10 January 2018
Good for contract work only. Good people, bit dusty environment. Learned how to deal with the picker, co-workers, supervisors. Free coffee. Hardest part of job when getting the stock from the shelf.
Pros
Contract Only
Cons
temporary
Short term contract
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
I just worked here for a short peroid of time, the people I worked with were helpful but the job itself had many challenges. Was a physical job, standing for long periods of time, had many general duties within.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Fast paced and competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2017
As my first job it was an amazing opportunity and environment. The management was great and so were my fellow coworkers. It was a very competitive environment due to the commission based income. Taught me great skills in customer service.
Out of buiness
Team leader and Sales person (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC6 December 2017
This is the best job i ever had. I loved my manager, interaction with costumers, and learning new aspects of sales and fashion industry. This job is the reason I was able to become a manager in another store. This store sadly closed.
Stressed Workplace
Amina (Gerante) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2017
I loved working at Danier, but I have to admit that it is a stressful job for plenty of reasons. You have to make sales and you have to talk and interact with all of the clients. You also have to come into work looking professional and dressing really good. It was too much at a young age.