Danier Employee Reviews

great job for students.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2018
Great job if you are in school. very flexible with hours and your own schedule. they look after the well being of their workers and make sure that they give him the necessary tools to succeed
Learning Experience
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
No benefits provided to full time employees. All stores are pop up locations so contract positions only. People are hired based on connections, which means little room for advancement. Lots of micro managing and bullying from upper management. Expected to do a lot with minimal appreciation (zero recognition for the work you put in but constantly berating).
Cons
Great staff and co workers
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 March 2018
I absolutely loved the staff and co workers, we became like a family working closely together and very goal oriented. Clients were mostly cheerful coming into our store for merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON7 March 2018
Working at Danier, i was always pushed to do better, even though i had made all my targets and made my day getting pushed to keep going was one of the reasons i loved working there.
Bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
In-store staff is great, however management is unprofessional, An example of this is the hiring of friends and family as assistant managers etc. Salary is fixed rate + commission and we can barely reach minimum wage. There is very little space for advancing in career.
Pros
Same-level colleagues are great people
Cons
Management, low salary, no career perspective
Material Handler-Order/Picker (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON10 January 2018
Good for contract work only. Good people, bit dusty environment. Learned how to deal with the picker, co-workers, supervisors. Free coffee. Hardest part of job when getting the stock from the shelf.
Pros
Contract Only
Cons
temporary
Short term contract
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
I just worked here for a short peroid of time, the people I worked with were helpful but the job itself had many challenges. Was a physical job, standing for long periods of time, had many general duties within.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Fast paced and competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2017
As my first job it was an amazing opportunity and environment. The management was great and so were my fellow coworkers. It was a very competitive environment due to the commission based income. Taught me great skills in customer service.
Out of buiness
Team leader and Sales person (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC6 December 2017
This is the best job i ever had. I loved my manager, interaction with costumers, and learning new aspects of sales and fashion industry. This job is the reason I was able to become a manager in another store. This store sadly closed.
Stressed Workplace
Amina (Gerante) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2017
I loved working at Danier, but I have to admit that it is a stressful job for plenty of reasons. You have to make sales and you have to talk and interact with all of the clients. You also have to come into work looking professional and dressing really good. It was too much at a young age.
Amazing place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 October 2017
Learnt a lot about different ways leather was processed, Always up on fashion trends, Being able to make the day by helping clients walk away with what they were looking for
Fun but commission based
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 October 2017
Great work environment, friendly management and co workers.
Sale goals easily achievable
Competitive work culture
Enjoyable part was employee discounts
It was a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
Overall, this was fun place to work. I've worked here part time, full time and seasonal The only major downside was the pay was terrible..below minimum wage with an unfair commission %. I believe hourly was 10.50 or something ridiculous. They want you to drive sales but pay you little commission.
pleasant environment to work at
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 August 2017
Danier has closed down all their locations unfortunately. However, it was a very good experience as it was my very first job. excellent management and staff.
Great Work place
Associate, MIT (Management in Training) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 July 2017
Excellent job, work environment, culture and people. Company truly cared for employees and offered great incentives and "competitions". Product was wonderful and well made.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier and customer service duties (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2017
amazing staff that know what they are talking about and know the prodect they are selling. like any other job they expect reliable and outgoing staff but willalsowork with you to workthere
Fun job in a highly driven environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 July 2017
Danier leather is one of the pioneers in leather manufacturing in Canada. I worked there while applying for my RN license and while it was not related to my profession, I learned a lot about customer service and dealing with people. I mostly dealt with stocks and inventory which taught me how to multi-task effectively.
Pros
Employee discount, paid leave
Fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 June 2017
Danier Leather is a fun place to work at, with lots of helpful colleagues. The most challenging is to reach the sales goal but as long as 3 jackets are sold it should not be a problem.
Comfortable and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 May 2017
The employees are extremely helpful and the work is never stressful even during busy days. There's pride in the products displayed and no work day is ever the same
Disappointing work experience
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2017
Working at Danier was not the best experience, which is why I did not work there for very long.
When I first started, there were 2 managers working that did not see eye to eye on things so it made the working environment hectic for the employees.
I was also on-call most of the time on the weekends and worked long hours standing and running around.
It was an outlet store so customers weren't careful with the merchandise and it made my job harder.
Pros
Being around clothes
Cons
being on call on weekends