Danfoss Courier & Freight

Danfoss Courier & Freight Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Good place for quick financial and experience gain .I really loved working here and no matter what if the chance comes again am happy to join them again even on part time basics.
Good place for quick financial and experience gain. I really loved working here and no matter what if the chance comes again am happy to join them again even on part time basics. Go go go all day long.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Worked out of the Barnaby DVC1 station. Pretty long days with around 150 packages a day to deliver in downtown.

I got gift cards every month for different places.
Pros
Made lots of overtime, benefits
Cons
10.5 hour shifts
I worked with this company almost 2 and it was a very positive experience. They have a great team here and the management is great, always willing to help and listen to any concerns we have. Lots of free lunches, git cards and other bonuses. Extended vacations were allowed even in my first year of employment. Every month $2000 is given away for safe driving awards. Out on the road customers are always happy to see you to get their Amazon packages.

This is not a good job if you are out of shape or not able to work in cold or hot weather conditions. Seems like every day Amazon tries to add more packages to the routes. When I started I would deliver around 100 packages, now drivers have around 200. I don't like taking breaks but they will force you to take 1 hour of breaks throughout the day.
Pros
Gift cards, food, bonuses
Cons
Focused on ensuring on-time delivery within specified timeframes; assist with load / unload process and promote customer loyalty and retention.
Solid track record achieving efficient, cost-effective transportation operations of goods and hazardous materials while maintaining compliance with federal, state, and municipal regulations.

In-depth knowledge of specialized transportation equipment, including reefers, tankers, pneumatic bulkers, and double pups.

Outstanding safety and driving record with friendly, professional attitude; sustain record of zero preventable accidents and proactively perform vehicle and equipment checks
Days spent delivering packages in Vancouver. Customers always happy to see you. Dispatchers are always there to help you with any problem deliveries.

Rude dispatchers are gone now.

Pizza days quite often, gift cards and bonuses during the busy season. They allow extended vacations for up to 4 weeks in your first year.
There was always something new to do. You got to know customers and develop a relationship. It on many occasions allowed for certain perks. IE; free stuff from certain places.
Apart from having a bad experience with one of the dispatchers my experience working there was very good. One of the dispatchers was very rude with drivers. Whoever I talked to didn’t have a good experience working with him, I think he is not working there anymore.
The dispatchers alway look after us. Help and support are almost right away. Great support from all co workers. Not an easy job. But the company full support for us to finish our assignments..
Don’t forget your dignity is at risk. They will put you in unsafe condition and then they will kick you out. Never think about salary raise.
There are just bunch of stupid ppl controlling your every move they will keep and help only those ppl they know them
Dan Foss proves time and time again that they are a caring and positive company that consistently goes above and beyond to make there employees and clients feel welcome, respected and above all heard.
This is by far the worst management under which I have worked. I was working for a very reputed company before I received a better offer from Danfoss. Local dispatch has zero knowledge about things going on there and can drag you into trouble. Two months later, when I went to work all of a sudden without any prior notice , they asked me to quit work without any reason. Please do not accept any job offer from this company unless you are looking at just a 2-3 month job.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Everything about this company and management
Official response from Danfoss Courier & Freight
15 July 2020
Hi Souren,

As you know you started a fight with the customer in Seattle. They requested you no longer return. We gave you the option to quit instead of being fired.

Thanks
I really enjoy working with Danfoss. Everyone that works with the company is so nice and great to work with! The hours are perfect whether your in school or have another job.
not the compy to work for if you want to work your way up the ladder. forced over time and long hours with no lunch break. Dead End job, Bad management, office staff don't know what they're doing 90% of the time. Dispatching is screwed up. Company trucks in poor condition.
Pros
lots of overtime, Benefits after 3 months.
Cons
cheap hourly wages, forced overtime.
Official response from Danfoss Courier & Freight
22 July 2020
Hi There,

Our dispatch, management, and even the owners of our company have worked their way up the ladder from driving jobs to their current position.

All of our trucks are leased from Penske or Ryder, none are older than a few years and have preventative maintenance schedules.

We always let drivers know up front the length of their shift as you can see in our job postings.

it was great job i would load my truck in the morning for delivery for the day when finished the delivery . I would start the afternoon run for pickups for other runs for the next day