Danfoss Courier & Freight

Danfoss Courier & Freight Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews

drivereasylonghourdaytimegoodjob

Easy place but stressful

Overall easy job, but lots of pacakage to delivery. good management, work 10 hours a day, sometimes got tired, but if you get familiar with the route, would be fine.

Pros

Easy

Relaxed and fun workplace

Relaxed environment, co-operative management. Overall a good place work at. The only issue is sometimes you don’t get enough hours.

Insights into Danfoss Courier & Freight

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Amazon delivery

I worked for Danfoss for 2 years. In that time I received 2 raises and got bonuses 4 times. I got driver of the month award for 400 bucks. They would also give out gift cards and buy food for the drivers once in awhile. The job itself is fairly easy as long as you keep moving as the deliveries are all close to each other. Dispatch and Amazon will keep a close eye on you to make sure you are keeping up to their pace. If you get finished early they will expect you to help out drivers who are running behind. Usually you will get around 150 packages to deliver. It can be fairly tough on rainy days or cold days if you don't wear appropriate clothing.

Pros

Bonuses, decent wages, overtime

Cons

Rainy days

No longer in business average

Pluses: Company supplied vehicle and fuel. Diversity visible and encouraged. positive feedback. Friendly atmosphere. Minuses: Substandard pay for intense heavy work. Divisions created due to favouritism. After hours meetings. Flagrant abuse of employment standards.

Pros

Internal advancement potenti

Cons

Pay not on par for industry

10 September 2021
Hi There,Our pay is above the industry standard for delivery work. Please let us know about your claims regarding employment standards and heavy work as we have never received any complaints from our employees about this.Thank you

Not a very good work space

i worked for Danfoss in naniamo and it was the most stressful job ive ever had and the worst management ive ever seen. DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE. Huge turnaround rate so everyone is still fairly new and no one gets proper training. i had never operated a 5 ton box truck in my life and i got thrown in to the drivers seat with about 20 mins of training. Trucks were older and beat up which caused lots of issues/breakdowns on the road. the most enjoyable part of the day was clocking out and gong home.

Cons

long hours, stressful, poor managment, poor organisation

10 September 2021
Hi There,We have recently made changes to our Management and have upgraded our trucks in Nanaimo. We are sorry to hear about your poor experiences working for us. The points you have made about everyone being new are completely false as we have many employees that have been with us for more than 10 years in Nanaimo.Thanks

Easy cash

I spent a few months working for them. I earned alot of overtime delivering packages in UBC. I would recommend working for them if you need to get hired and paid quickly as they get you in fast.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Rain

Decent company to work for

Getting a job here was very easy. I had done delivery with skip the dishes befor I started here and i enjoyed this job more right away. They do interviews and training with zoom. You do get paid for the zoom training as well. They have so many vans like 150 i think.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Rainy days

Easy job

Amazon delivery job is fairly easy once you get past the firat few weeks. You make alot of overtime durnig busy months. Dispatchers are helpful but very busy.

Pros

Overtime

Good advancment

There is room for advancment. I started as a driver in 2018 and was promoted to dispach assistant a year later. Now im a full time dispatcher helping out drivers on the road.

Pros

Good team

Go go go

Some shifts are a bit long like 11 hours. The job is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. If you are behind another driver will come help or i would help others who were behind..

Pros

Benifits package

Cons

During busy times work 5 or 6 days per week overtime

Van deivery

I delivered amazon packages for them in vancouver and richmond. Danfoss was helpful for me getting my PR. I took a vacation to india for a month in 2019 and they allowed that.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Cold weather

Delivery job

I did downtown for amazon. The job got very easy because so many people in each building had orders. It took around 11 hours a day lots overtime. This was the easiest job to get.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Long days

Easy job

The amazon delivery is very easy once ya get the hang of it but can be long hours sometimes. Little perks along the way. You gotta work in the rain.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Rain

Easy

Job seemed hard for the first few weeks. Got much easier as I got used to the hours and got to know the delivery locations and using the app. Dispatchers don't have much time to help with problems.

Pros

Easy job

Delivery

Lots of deliveries with a good team environment, if you have a tough route and behind another driver will come to help you finish on time. Dispatchers were drivers and know the challenges.

Pros

Gift cards

Cons

Morning shift is 11 hours

Easy to get

Easy place to get hired to. Just need to submit driving record and a reference. I started training right away on zoom and was out on the road next day.

Pros

Easy to get job

I hate Danfoss, Very less pay and stressful

They pay extremely less with lots of stress. The manager and dispatchers are very rude and careless. they keep pushing you all the time to work hard. I used to finish my deliveries in four hours and then they asked me to help other drivers etc... they don't give compliments and no raises. I worked four times more harder than all the drivers but I was paid the same.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, stressfull, rude management

13 September 2020
Hi there,We don't have any routes that take 4 hours. Our routes are designed to take 10 hours as we clearly state in our ads. We promote team work on the road as some routes are much harder than others. Our pay structure is higher than the median wage for delivery drivers and we give out over 5 thousand in bonuses and gift cards to our drivers each month for their hard work on the road. Each employee receives a pay increase after 3 months probation and each year after that. We are sorry you didn't have what it takes to be a part of our winning delivery team. Thank you

Management is very professional

I’m very thankful to the company that they promoted me time to time, I started as amazon delivery van driver and promoted as 5Ton driver with good salary and appreciation for doing good work.

Pros

Relax job No bullies

Cons

Haven’t found any problem

Active job

I prefer to be out on the road than sit behind a desk. This company is large, i made some good freindships while working here. Dispatchers are friendly unless you are very bad at the job.

Pros

Overtime

Good team

I obtained my class 1 licence while working as a delivery driver here. They supplied me with training in their tractors. That experience is priceless. Lots of room for growth within this company.

Pros

They hire from within

Good crew

Good place for quick financial and experience gain. I really loved working here and no matter what if the chance comes again am happy to join them again even on part time basics. Go go go all day long.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danfoss Courier & Freight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement