Dandy Oil Products

Dandy Oil Products Employee Reviews

good job

decent job, not much for bosses looking over your shoulder, freedom to do your job and evolving safety program. training is pretty good but could be better.

Great place to earn a living!

Been working here for years. most of the bad reviews are disgruntled ex employees. If you work hard and go above and beyond they will do the same for you. Top employees are paid accordingly. shop runs like a clock and the mechanics really care. You will get what you put into this job. best advise I can give is if you are looking for a place to learn and develop in the fuel delivery industry then dandy oil is the place for you !

Pros

nice shop good co workers

Cons

dispatch needs improvement

rekomened

Good place to work friendly people mostly older but good trucks plus some newer unite good understanding management,just do the job as best you can and that is it. I'm left the company when I reached 65 of age.

Bad place

Worst management ever. Customers are great but higher up is terrible, all of them!!!! They treat there employees like dogs and expect to be treated like a princess in return

No good they let u do their jobs when they get comfortable to you

When i first started there it was so good But when they get comfortable to you, they just sit around talking while you do their jobs and the manager has favouritism in some employees which makes unfair

Pros

Courses

Cons

Management suck

Awesome new manager who cares!

Edson area very busy and finally a manager who care to listen, cares about staff. Very interested to listen and learn about our daily life on the road.

Pros

Great training

Cons

Head bosses who don’t understand the job

Royal Canadian Dandy oil circus

Unprofessional from the top down with the way deal with the everything around that company. If you want to work here be prepared to be treated as a number not an employee.

Pros

Hahah please

good

good place to work, easy work,no suspeion work. lots of service work, freindly management. was a buisy shop.easy to get to shop and lots of employee parking

Pros

choice of shift

Worst job i ever had

The management is full of lies , all kinds of backstabbing from everyone , HR will lie to your face about anything and everything . managers and the owners know nothing that's going on and will make up anyreason for you to do their job for them. I don't recommend every applying , far better opportunities out there . it will save you a lot of grief.

Pros

Cons

Literally everything

What a circus...

Constant revolving door of drivers. No respect or seniority for loyal and hard workers. Owners have no clue what the employees actually do...nor do they care. HR is a one way street of lies. Benefits suck. Certain managers are like used car salesmen...say one thing and do another. Any payday issues are the employees problem, as they have been told to budget their money better...a great attitude coming from management and ownership.

Pros

If they get your bday right you get a $10 Tims card

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dandy Oil Products?

Decent Place

Started my apprenticeship there. Good place to work. Safety oriented for sure. Sometimes a little too much which prevented jobs from getting done accordingly. Good group of guys to work with on the floor. Operations manager was nice to deal with but he lacked leadership. Sometime it seemed like he didn't see the value in some people. Overall a nice and easy guy to get along with though. Drivers we're a revolving door. Not sure what happens in that department but easy to get along with most of them. No leader on the floor in the shop. The one guy who trys to be the leader on the floor lacks leadership skills. Micro managing and not letting guy progress with work. This unfortunately created an undesirable place for learning. Overall a decent place to work and I enjoyed my time there but it appears to be a dead end job now. Bad benefits paid by employee. No company events. Maybe 3 in 5 years. Most paid by employees.

Super

Super company ! Training over the top. Manager awesome and helpful. Staff super willing to help others. Supplies all your safety items gives a rrsp

Pros

Cons

Non

you dont want to work here

training is lacking you pressured to work on days off dispatch is horrible have no idea what they are doing drivers are fixing dispatch mistakes on a daily basis supervisors dont care they shrugg everything off promised the world but they never follow through stay away from this company

productive and fun workplace

typical day at work was enjoyable and you learnd something each day on the job, in my opinion this company is a good company to work for for years.***

Pros

you learn from the company

Cons

good hours

terrible

Very negative environment and very very poor leadership. My time spent here was fixing other peoples problems, and taking the blame for allot of things that were out of my control.

Fuel product delivery

Pre trip load fuel deliver fuel paper work wheel to wheel post trip deliver fuel to customers collect cheques for past due accounts communicate with dispatch

Working at Dandy Oil Products was one of my breakaway. I learned and loved what i did there. A typical day for me as an apprentice would start with safety meeting. Everyday a journeyman would assigned me to do something or assist whichever needed an extra hand. Most of the stuff i learned in 3 months was recognizing the parts and components which I found the hardest part as a first year apprentice. What I really love about my job is working with this awsome and knowledgeble people and learning from them. Everybody was having fun at what they're doing and at the same time doing the the job right.

Pros

overtime and long hours

Cons

shop size

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dandy Oil Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8