Dana Incorporated Employee Reviews

Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON6 August 2018
You're not treated like a person by management, they also tell you that you have weekends off but then schedule everyone who hasn't put volunteer hours in to work.
If you're sick you need to see a famiy doctor and have a note for them right away. If your doctor is away they wont accept your doctor notes from a walk in clinic. Which after three in a row due to a reaction to medication that made me unfit for work they told me. Letting me waste 60 worth of notes before informing me they weren't "acceptable".
N/a
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
This company has since closed it's doors and relocated to the USA. It was a fantastic place to work and you were well rewarded for your efforts there.
Pros
Cons
Plant closed
Dana Corporation.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON17 January 2018
Shift work within the factory, i learned various jobs and exceeded piece work standards. I enjoyed learning the different tasks and being able to learn quickly to be an asset to the company. The management there was very professional.
Amazing People, Terrible Management
Office (Former Employee) –  Canada21 December 2017
The people that work here are absolutely amazing. Unfortunately the management team does not care at all about the hard working staff. They are just a number to them. It's unfortunate as they have lost a lot of great people over the years due to bad management.
Pros
Employees
Cons
People are Good and very nice work culture
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Speers Road Oakville, Ontario10 November 2017
Im working in Dana Corporation as a machine operator and checking the quality of the cooler.I love Dana Corporation it's a good company however they are in slow down that s why let Dana for better oppurtunity
Pros
Free drinks like coffe, chocolate etc
Cons
Long waiting for the materials
Work is ok, only because of the people we work with.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON4 July 2017
You must arrive to work earlier then normal because the clocks are set ahead of time. I learned how the part works in a car. The hardest part of the job is the shift(night), heat and constant over time,the best part is the socal after work and going home.
Pros
Cons
Listed in my review
Productive and Busy work place
Process CO-OP Student (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 April 2017
Working with Dana was fun, and every time I found something interesting in work. At initial stage, it was a little bit hard but later on I was comfortable working with Dana.
A well structured, organized, and nice workplace filled with hardworking people
Product Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 March 2017
A typical day at work is looking up your pre-made schedule by the managers, then getting to your job. For example, putting together a part of a cooler to be put through a furnace so it can be melded together. I learned the automotive industry's manufacturing system and how I can be a part in it. The management was also good, and taught me my job patiently. When they didn't know what to do or were busy with other things, they directed me to someone who could teach me. The workplace culture was very blue collar with lots of hardworking and honest people who would lend you a hand when you were in need. The hardest part of the job was learning how to do everything at the start with the knowledge that I was slowing the whole process down so that they could teach me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and how easy the job got when I knew what to do.
Pros
Good people to work with, structured breaks, great safety standards
Good environment
QUALITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 February 2015
Great culture. I Was happy to be a part of their team. Would work for this company again. Big corporation that had great team members.
Heavy work load.
material handler/ shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 June 2014
Word day start Load trucks and replenish stock in work sells.The people worked as a great team . But the product volumes were very hi and hard for everyone to keep up.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
Mandated overtime
Bad management, overbearing supervisors,
Assembly welding (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's12 April 2014
Fast paced repetitive work environment. super hot in plant in the summer. Don't dare hold up the line because of quality issues, it will get fixed later if someone notices.
Pros
Good pay, overtime is(was) voluntary.
Cons
Supervisors spent more time reprimanding workers than dealing with quality issues.
A historic company making advanced and reliable products
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  C0426 November 2013
Can learn advanced technology in the field of automotive powertrain and thermal solution. Working environment is comfortable and co-workers are friendly and helpful. Very proud of making achievement in this company.
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
management change
Best US Employer
IMPORT/EXPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Thorold South, ON15 July 2013
Great days were always here. Great people from bottom up. Too bad they closed most of their plants in Canada and the US.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
3 Plant closures.
if you get the opportunity to work for this organization, don't pass it up.
Operations & Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 February 2013
great company to work for with unlimited opportunities for advancement....never should have left!!
Manufacturing experience
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON19 December 2012
I was trained as an operator of multiple production lines. I worked in product quality testing and quality control analysis using fluid and hydraulics instrumentation.