Dana Hospitality
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Dana Hospitality Employee Reviews

Canada133 reviews

Production Cook

Friendly & Professional, Typical day includes preparing for breakfast & lunch service, prepping ready to go meals & catering events on and offsite.

Pros

Flexible Scheduling

Cons

Mostly Seasonal Positions

Horrible place to work would never attempt to work there again would never suggest anyone try it

After having work there and being told to my season was supposed to start at my contract start date they decided to push it further and not allow me to start also saying that rent wasn't required for the first bit due to lack of work my final pay showed that I paid for rent for that month anyways therefore I would not suggest working for Dana hospitality at least not in Jasper

Pros

Ski pass

Cons

Free food as a manager or supervisor is not free food you do pay for the costs

Fun place to work and amazing management

Great work place and fun amazing management flexible hours nice place to grow and learn highly recommend looking forward to more years to come and better future at the company

Pros

Free meals

Former worker

I learned nothing just very stressful job with toxic environmental and poorly managed and unfit supervisors and turnovers. I made interesting friends

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Depending on the unit you work at

Love the unit Dana manages. Food is made fresh from scratch and there is no micro management.Your encouraged to work independently. Lots of support from Management.

Cons

None to think of

Growth and advancement

Company is growing, Great health and safety culture in the work place.Always learning new things everyday.Many opportunities for advancement in the company at other locations if thats the path you would like to take in your career .Free training, from FST, First aid and more.Hands-on mangers that don't mind getting there hands dirty in the thick of things.

Pros

Beniffits, bonuses, meals

Cons

sometimes long days due to nature of buissnes but always works out with time off

Good place to make money and die in obscurity and mediocrity

Company pays decently if you are in management. Only hires from outside. Labour is too tight for proper training so don't hang around in hopes of moving up. Confusing bonus structure and incapable middle management forces contract operators into awkward situations in which far more is asked of you then you will be compensated for. TIGHT, TIGHT labour across the board. Company doesn't push contract renegotiations for higher sale prices, so you will be screwed if you aren't in a new contract. Again, not the worst place to work if you are in need of money, but the company is a black mark on your resume and you will be excessively overworked from day one.

Pros

free lunches, leftovers, healthcare (bad plan)

Cons

long, bad hours, poor equipment, bad corporate environment

will lie to you

they will lie to you to get you there then after a week they start to turn on you as they say the honeymoon is over and when you talk to them about how you feel they will lie and tell you whatever they think you need to hear to get you to stay but then its back to square one dont trust anything the management says to you

Pros

Cons

long hrs with sometimes 6 or less hrs between shifts

Great job

The location that I was designated to was really great. The people that I catered to were very positive and happy. Whenever there was an issue with a sick call or work overload, the district manager was always ready to support. If the district manager was unable to find support, she would come in and assist with whatever needed to be done.

Pros

Great pay, full benefits, overtime pay, excellent atmosphere, amazing clientele.

Cons

Balancing the projected budget, dropping off money to the bank on a daily basis

Boring place with lots of gossip - lazy people

The bosses are not professional - they do not have the proper exposure - lazy just sit around doing nothing. Family working at same location = on a power trip - they do not do much work, just walk around the campus pretending to work. The place is dirty - General Manager is a poor individual does not have good customer service. He is not a team player - just thinks for himself.

Pros

paycheque

Cons

too many chiefs not enough Indians

Great staff

Fun place to work, always busy, great meals. uniforms are supplied. Serves fresh daily entrees, soups, sandwiches , pastries different menus for different sites.

Pros

No weekends

Great work life balance.

Great food company that let's me create and cook from scratch new menus every week. Weekends and holidays off makes for a great work life balance. A very supportive and organized company to work for.

Pros

No weekends

Cons

Very early mornings

Relaxed but efficient

I had the pleasure of working with only one other staff member who got along very well. We were a great team and many customers commented on this. I always felt like an equal even though our age and experience were years apart. The work became fun having this relationship. The food was always fresh and prepared with a care that I hadn’t seen before. The customers were well cared for and any feedback was passed on...mostly good! I would work for them because of the relationships and the care and respect they provide to the customers through the food and service.

Benefits

Cons

Hours

Poor upper management

To many head office people sitting behind their desk thinking they know what's best for each site. When it is actually the workers at each site who know their customers needs and wants. Maybe if head office visited each unit more and actually worked once in awhile they would realize what customer s are looking for, not each unit is the same, not every city is like the big cities, lots of units are manufactureries, and not upper snob office people.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Bad pay

Stressful work environment, Manager brings everyone more stress during work day

Management sucks including the head boss HR and management discriminates his staff and is always on managers side. Management has no consideration or respect for staff very stressful work place would not recommend to no one.

Pros

Decent pay because in a rural area

Cons

Horrible management, extremely busy, they make you work even if your sick

Challenging, high expectations

In the position of Food Service Director the position was challenging. The location is seasonal and the quality of staffing is a challenge. Company could provide more infrastructure to attain competent staff. The management team was enjoyable to work with primarily the Chef and the Catering Sous Chef.

Pros

bonus plan, meals provided

Cons

relationship with client was strained

if you have health problems this place isnt for you

I worked here for a month and i liked it and when i had a mental breakdown, i was hospitalized and when i wanted to come back they didn't let me come i highly reccomend no one works here

Pros

free lunch

Productive and fun workplace

Supervisors and managers in Dana are really kind and helpful, same as staffs.Due to the nature of the workplace you need to be flexible and change your position some times, in addition being agile is another important factor.

environnement étudiant

gérer les affluences étudiantes parfois stressant, objectifs de ventes, gestion a atteindre (réel) les semaines d'études sont les plus stressantes les ventes augmentes en flèches avec le même personnel été au ralenti.

Great ownership

Have worked with Dana and marek hospital for close to 20 years. A very Canadian company, very hard work but very rewarding. Great hours very respectful

Pros

Creative

Cons

Not many

Good friendly co workers

A typical day is busy rushing back and forth assuring everything is well stalked and calling for more food. I learned to have a voice and be open to calling out for more things especially with lunch hour rush. great lunch time we all sat together and talked enjoyed lunch together There was not much hard times working for Dana

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dana Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9