Dana Hospitality Employee Reviews

Could of had better management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 March 2019
Could of used better management. Left alone with a big work load. More male workers and wasn’t friendly to female workers. Your left working at a position which your more qualified for.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Poor management
Incredibly unprofessional, misleading and a matter to concern the labor board from all angles.
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB8 March 2019
If you acquire a position from this company, be sure to follow-up and do your research on who your direct employers are and be weary of the HR management who is a walking lawsuit on her own.
Failure to appropriate pay, whether hourly or contracted, failure to provide benefits in a timely manner, failure to communicate re HR as per notable issues/claims, failure to provide pay stubs, failure to mediate legal scheduling hours, failure to provide sick days, failure to provide substantial management to oversee vacation periods of staff and in events where further staffing are needed, primarily due to an outstandingly high overturn rate, leaving the staffing, simply inadequate to fully perform the necessary tasks in such time-frames.
Of course, they will constructively dismiss or terminate your employment, no matter how unlawful the go-about is.
Worst company I have ever worked for - that in itself is an understatement.
Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 February 2019
They use you during time they need you
Then they let you go with no respect and no good excuses
Never cares for your health or you no matter
They need one cook to do 3 people’s job at ones
Don’t even bother going for interviews
It’s all lie
Pros
Ok
Cons
When job done they send you home
Buen lugar de trabajo
Cajero y Runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON, Canada11 January 2019
Un buen lugar de trabajo, sólo que era muy lejos de mi ubicación.
Money Grabbers
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 January 2019
They think they can charge Vail resort or RCR prices on food and drinks at a small resort that maxes out with 2600 people once or twice a season. Work their staff super hard for barely minimum wage. before they came stepped in, the food was was bigger and cheaper now its smaller portions and ridiculously over priced.
Pros
Absolutely NON
Cons
If you enjoy being taken advantage of. Apply now.
Very bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  196 cedar8 December 2018
They will fire you without giving you any reason for their decision. I injured myself and needed 2 weeks off. They day I return after my time off they tell me I'm not a good fit to work there. No reason or anything I did wrong
Product is made fresh
Cafateria general help (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
I dont have any downs to the company I just feel I need to move on. Just feel that I could be doing alot better else where for what I do baking from scratch and cooking and other duties
Pros
Friendly peaple in the work place locations
Cons
Not enough money
Not a fun place to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2018
The company doesn´t take care of its employees at all. One would think they would want to keep the people that work for them happy but the opposite is true. Banning them from entering all their properties after resignation? Banning them from taking food from a left-over buffet which will end up in garbage? No break down for gratuities so that people know what they are actually being paid for? I wouldn´t want my greatest enemies to work for these people.
13 years and nothing really to show for it
Chef Manager monitoring day to day operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
Hired to many managers who did not really know the business.
Stopped being a company that cared about the guys who helped build the company. Tried very hard to push out the higher salaries to bring in new staff at lower rates. Not good at all.
great work life balance
Current Role - Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2018
overall great place to work, salary not up to standard.
great work life balance , company showing potential growth. inconsistent management , company needs standard stability
Pros
monday to friday
Cons
salary rates
Excellent Supervisor and Team members.
General Helper (Current Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON17 May 2018
Exhilarating, unique and fast-paced, the environment supports growth and fosters hard work and dedication, I recommend this to any student looking to hone in and perfect their food production and catering skills.
Used for 5 years
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2018
Worked very hard to be let go after 5 years. Worked weekends evening and some holidays using my own money to help my account to make money and progress.
working at the ski area
Barista at Marmot Basin (Current Employee) –  Jasper, AB7 March 2018
I've worked 5 day in a week. On the weekends was/is it always busy and sometimes very stressful but makes still fun. I like to be a Barista. I learned to make all kinds of Frappuccino and latte and to operate the till as well. I found all lot of friends at work, everybody is kind and friendly. We have a really good work climate
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Skipass, 50% Staff discount, Staff bus shuttle
Fun place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB7 March 2018
Fun place to work, lots of new people to meet, surrounded by hard working people, working in a beautiful place, good management, good hours, and 50% off food
Lazy chef manager
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 February 2018
Horrible place to work. I was told during interview that they have hard working chef managers who spend most time in kitchen rather than office. Not true at all. He sat in the office watching videos on phone while others did most of work. No leadership at all. Even district manager knew but refused to act. I ran as fast as I could in couple months. Please stay away from this bad culture.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management and work culture.
Not organized company
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 January 2018
Not a good pay many jobs to do on a everyday work manager don't have any respect for the cook 6am start working I did not enjoying working for Dana ::::
Pros
1 dollars
Cons
8 hours no over time
Avoid this place at all costs.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 January 2018
An insufferable and toxic work environment at the TMMC plant in Cambridge. Lots of harassment and other forms of misconduct happening behind closed doors. Toyota is only now learning about the problem, but this problem seems to be integrated into the Dana Hospitality brand and is not something you can fix without starting up top. The “managers” and “supervisors” lack the fundamentals needed for the position. They have no respect for the people or property around them, and they encourage their staff members to bully and belittle those they deem less important than them.

Dana Hospitality offers no hospitality, and I wouldn’t wish for a job with them on my worst enemy.
Pros
None. Even the food is bad.
Cons
Anything and everything.
Unusual culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  GTHA18 December 2017
not a profitable business model
not much in the way of structure
very unusual culture and executive team
very interesting diverse businesses to experience
some good nutritional knowledge gained.
Pros
freedom of schedule, diverse experience
Cons
lack of executive support
Not a positive work enviroment
Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2017
There are serious institutional problems within the Dana hospitality group. The manager where I worked was left free to bully people (particularity the female staff), was constantly aggressive and picked and chose when he felt like paying over time and to whom. Any complaints or criticism fell on deaf ears and often lead to further bullying from the manager. In the time I was there this caused a constantly high tun over rate.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pretty much everything else
A Great Growing Company with some growing pains
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 November 2017
I can't believe so many bad reviews here. As a Chef Manager for 3 years I have grown as a chef and have developed my culinary skills and leadership skills. I am not micro managed like some places but can reach out for help. There is a lack of communication from upper management but their is the support group to reach out to. . We cook from scratch and use local product.One day is Thai the next day can be Mexican.
Pros
Monday to Friday. Not Micromanaged. Lots of creativity.
Cons
Lack of communication from upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dana Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8