Dana Hospitality

Dana Hospitality Employee Reviews

To many head office people sitting behind their desk thinking they know what's best for each site. When it is actually the workers at each site who know their customers needs and wants. Maybe if head office visited each unit more and actually worked once in awhile they would realize what customer s are looking for, not each unit is the same, not every city is like the big cities, lots of units are manufactureries, and not upper snob office people.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Bad pay
The location that I was designated to was really great. The people that I catered to were very positive and happy. Whenever there was an issue with a sick call or work overload, the district manager was always ready to support. If the district manager was unable to find support, she would come in and assist with whatever needed to be done.
Pros
Great pay, full benefits, overtime pay, excellent atmosphere, amazing clientele.
Cons
Balancing the projected budget, dropping off money to the bank on a daily basis
The bosses are not professional - they do not have the proper exposure - lazy just sit around doing nothing. Family working at same location = on a power trip - they do not do much work, just walk around the campus pretending to work. The place is dirty - General Manager is a poor individual does not have good customer service. He is not a team player - just thinks for himself.
Pros
paycheque
Cons
too many chiefs not enough Indians
Fun place to work, always busy, great meals. uniforms are supplied. Serves fresh daily entrees, soups, sandwiches , pastries different menus for different sites.
Pros
No weekends
Great food company that let's me create and cook from scratch new menus every week. Weekends and holidays off makes for a great work life balance. A very supportive and organized company to work for.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Very early mornings
I had the pleasure of working with only one other staff member who got along very well. We were a great team and many customers commented on this. I always felt like an equal even though our age and experience were years apart. The work became fun having this relationship. The food was always fresh and prepared with a care that I hadn’t seen before. The customers were well cared for and any feedback was passed on...mostly good! I would work for them because of the relationships and the care and respect they provide to the customers through the food and service.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Management sucks including the head boss HR and management discriminates his staff and is always on managers side. Management has no consideration or respect for staff very stressful work place would not recommend to no one.
Pros
Decent pay because in a rural area
Cons
Horrible management, extremely busy, they make you work even if your sick
In the position of Food Service Director the position was challenging. The location is seasonal and the quality of staffing is a challenge. Company could provide more infrastructure to attain competent staff. The management team was enjoyable to work with primarily the Chef and the Catering Sous Chef.
Pros
bonus plan, meals provided
Cons
relationship with client was strained
I worked here for a month and i liked it and when i had a mental breakdown, i was hospitalized and when i wanted to come back they didn't let me come i highly reccomend no one works here
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Supervisors and managers in Dana are really kind and helpful, same as staffs.Due to the nature of the workplace you need to be flexible and change your position some times, in addition being agile is another important factor.
gérer les affluences étudiantes parfois stressant, objectifs de ventes, gestion a atteindre (réel) les semaines d'études sont les plus stressantes les ventes augmentes en flèches avec le même personnel été au ralenti.
Have worked with Dana and marek hospital for close to 20 years. A very Canadian company, very hard work but very rewarding. Great hours very respectful
Pros
Creative
Cons
Not many
A typical day is busy rushing back and forth assuring everything is well stalked and calling for more food. I learned to have a voice and be open to calling out for more things especially with lunch hour rush. great lunch time we all sat together and talked enjoyed lunch together There was not much hard times working for Dana
I was with Dana/Marek for a year and a half and remained at minimum wage with no chance of a raise or promotion. Not a place to build your career. Does not meet cost of living standards. Management team remained unhelpful and only caused the entire team undue stress.
Pros
Benefits, free lunch
Cons
Must be willing to sit and beg and lick boots for your benefits and job security
Excellent company to work for Cooking from scratch Fresh local produce Good work home life balance Upper management visited regularly and new all employees names Employee appreciation gift cards at Christmas A fun place to work Would recommend this company to anyone who has a passion for food
food prep, cash, stocking the pop fridge. learned how to count the till at the end of the night. manager was kind and caring. workplace culture was great. the hardest thing for me was counting the till. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
If your looking for an incredibly lax job. This is for you. But if your coming from somewhere with structure and organization do not do it! The workers give poor customer service. Nobody actually does their job correctly. Managers do nothing. They stick you in a dept and say good luck.
Too many chefs. The senior managers are excellent , the mid senior very good. It is the supervisors who are jekly n hydes. Really horrible and unpredictable
One of the only Monday to Friday corporate dining type experiences where you can still apply your skills as a chef. You are not force fed a corporate menu and you are allowed to Express your culinary abilities and have a daily impact on your guests through great local scratch made food everyday.
Very proud to be working for an ever growing Canadian company that specializes in delivering an exceptional food service experience using fresh, scratch made and local ingredients. I am fortunate to work with a diverse, talented and passionate team everyday! We collaborate and share our ideas to offer innovative and fresh new ideas to ensure we are meeting and exceeding our guests expectations.
Bad people .toxic environment .bad behaviour .There is no good relationship between the employees. Not productive environment at all.most of the people there not helpful. They play around to show up that they are good and the others are bad . They don't considering about others at all. theydon'lilisteninglioimprove.every
  1. Employee reviews