Dana Hospitality

Dana Hospitality Employee Reviews

Canada118 reviews
crazy busy
it was always a busy place to work . The went though 2 Kitchen mangers when I was there. The hardest part of my job was birthday lunchs. Every 2 weeks they had 1 for the toyota empolyies
environnement étudiant
gérer les affluences étudiantes parfois stressant,
objectifs de ventes, gestion a atteindre (réel)

les semaines d'études sont les plus stressantes

les ventes augmentes en flèches avec le même personnel

été au ralenti.
location
manager now does not want to employee problems when over staff member are blaming their mistake ( giving the wrong order to the customer, not cleaning up the mess etc... ) on you

a new employee comes and they are ganging up on the very good employee to have fired or transfered.

then you are doing everything very well for months and months and all of suddenly you get a warning for upper management for mistakes that you have made. when you know it is not you and the manager knows that also and does not do anything.

foul language is use on you and you complain to upper management and they talk to the person but there is no formal company letter explain that a record of this complaint is on file.
Pros
charge for free lunch
Cons
everything
Great ownership
Have worked with Dana and marek hospital for close to 20 years. A very Canadian company, very hard work but very rewarding. Great hours very respectful
Pros
Creative
Cons
Not many
Good friendly co workers
A typical day is busy rushing back and forth assuring everything is well stalked and calling for more food.
I learned to have a voice and be open to calling out for more things especially with lunch hour rush.

great lunch time we all sat together and talked enjoyed lunch together

There was not much hard times working for Dana
No raises, no advancement
I was with Dana/Marek for a year and a half and remained at minimum wage with no chance of a raise or promotion. Not a place to build your career. Does not meet cost of living standards. Management team remained unhelpful and only caused the entire team undue stress.
Pros
Benefits, free lunch
Cons
Must be willing to sit and beg and lick boots for your benefits and job security
chef manager
Excellent company to work for
Cooking from scratch

Fresh local produce

Good work home life balance

Upper management visited regularly and new all employees names

Employee appreciation gift cards at Christmas

A fun place to work

Would recommend this company to anyone who has a passion for food
awesome
food prep, cash, stocking the pop fridge. learned how to count the till at the end of the night. manager was kind and caring. workplace culture was great. the hardest thing for me was counting the till. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
No structure
If your looking for an incredibly lax job. This is for you. But if your coming from somewhere with structure and organization do not do it! The workers give poor customer service. Nobody actually does their job correctly. Managers do nothing. They stick you in a dept and say good luck.
Mid level management
Too many chefs. The senior managers are excellent , the mid senior very good. It is the supervisors who are jekly n hydes. Really horrible and unpredictable
Take a serious look at Dana Hospitality
One of the only Monday to Friday corporate dining type experiences where you can still apply your skills as a chef. You are not force fed a corporate menu and you are allowed to Express your culinary abilities and have a daily impact on your guests through great local scratch made food everyday.
Innovative & Passionate
Very proud to be working for an ever growing Canadian company that specializes in delivering an exceptional food service experience using fresh, scratch made and local ingredients. I am fortunate to work with a diverse, talented and passionate team everyday! We collaborate and share our ideas to offer innovative and fresh new ideas to ensure we are meeting and exceeding our guests expectations.
Bad management
Bad people .toxic environment .bad behaviour .There is no good relationship between the employees. Not productive environment at all.most of the people there not helpful. They play around to show up that they are good and the others are bad . They don't considering about others at all. theydon'lilisteninglioimprove.every
Not a good company
Been working for them for 8 months and didn’t get any type of insurance when it says on my contract that i’ll have one after 3 months. Managers and general managers are useless...
I like the company
I liked to work with this company because not stressful. Staff crews are very nice and friendly. The manager is helpful. All the customers are very welcoming and nice as well.
Best foodservice company by far!
After working for 2 other foodservice companies in the area, Dana is by far the BEST - corporate culture, local in-unit management team, compensation, and general treatment of employees. Everyone is treated like a human being, there is no yelling or ridiculous expectations. I wish I had found Dana ten or fifteen years ago - I'd still be here!
A great company to work for
I work for Dana Hospitality as Manager. I get to cook from scratch everyday using fresh ingredients. I see first hand how the customers love that Dana Hospitality uses fresh ingredients and makes everything from scratch. You can taste the difference. I take pride in the fact that we provide healthy and delicious meals to all our customers and the feedback we get confirms it. Creating new and exciting dishes is just one of the perks. Dana continues to ensure that it hears the voice of the people by introducing features that include the growing demand for certain food intolerances and diets.
I love my job and enjoy every aspect of it. A company that truly hears and supports the workers that move the brand forward.
Amazing Food and Service
Stellar company to work for! Great teams of people who can share ideas and make creations come alive. Importance of food quality is high at Dana, everything is fresh and from scratch cooking. Love it!
Terrible company
They didn’t pay benefits for 7 months and always asking you to fill out another form and then they claimed there was missing information etc. to delay benefits. The management was unprofessional and I was made to feel like my job wasn’t secure, even though I was doing a great job. They often switched other members of staff to further locations to make it inconvenient for them to stay!
great company to work for!
Working at Dana is like working along with your family and friends. It's a great company to work for if you are looking for a long term commitment with the opportunity to grow. The employee perks are amazing; especially the great from scratch food created by the chefs.

They are also very accommodating with a work life balance and encourage you to advance your skills.
Fast pace, part time, low pay
The job was ok, i was washing dishes and helping in the kitchen but the salary was not enough. I had 13$ an hour and part time. Was ok at the time because i was at school.