Dalhousie University Employee Reviews

Good experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 April 2018
I worked as an assistant here. It is a good job with an okay culture. A great university. Students come from all over. Professors are fun and helpful.
relax and benefits
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 April 2018
I like the working conditions in Dalhousieļ¼Œ the coordinator is friendly, and helpful. She make me feel relax and would like to provide useful advices when I meet confusion.
Good School Residence Job
Residence House President (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 March 2018
Good job if you are living in the residence.
I pretty much just organized events for the students who lived with me in the same residence. Would recommend to a friend.
Friendly and Helpful
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 March 2018
It is a good place to work at. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I did go to school there, so I knew everyone there. It may take you a couple of days to get to know people then everything will be fine.
camp counsellor
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 March 2018
The culture at work is good. The paid is really good, they care about their employees and they also paid for lunch that is really good too. The work is environment is fun
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hot in the gym
Productive and fun
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 February 2018
I get to learn about new techniques on daily-basis. Manage multiple projects within given time limit. i have great colleagues who are supportive and believe in team efforts. the hardest part of the job is when the results don't are unexpected. the enjoyable part is to know the fact that I am going to learn something new everyday that can be applied for improving my research output.
That was a great experience
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 February 2018
I had learned so many things at Dalhousie University, This was my first official job at school even I learned so many things in a hard way but it pushed me to learn a plenty of things rather than sitting while complaining. The most beneficial thing I got from this job is to manage and organize things.
Clinical Instructor
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 February 2018
I loved working with Dalhousie University advancing the next set of nurses through their clinical rotations. I hope to have instilled the same love of nursing that i have.
Good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 January 2018
Very good, the faculty at Dalhousie was very supportive of my work as a TA and a Research Assistant. I was given a high degree of academic freedom to pursue my work.
This is a summary
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2018
This is a great place to work when you are a student. Teaching is great research is great. I have a lot of different contacts from this place. Great workplace culture.
Great people, great management, awful study
Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2018
Despite the great manager, awesome staff and friendly participants, asking survey questions was incredibly stressful. My problems are with the survey itself.
Work term positions
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 January 2018
Can't give a proper rating as this was a term position with school. Enjoyed my time while here and the people that I worked with. Very easy going bunch.
server
Server (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 January 2018
pretty good place to work great with hours and flexible. the people there always willing to help if u dont know how to do something or if you supper busy
Make your own schedule
NSERC Researcher (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 January 2018
I was allowed to make my own work day schedule but it was a university research job with defined scope and purpose. My supervisor gave me his hypothesis and a laboratory to pursue the research. Learned to repair damaged equipment and operate several other types of equipment.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
A university research part time job
Good Place to have a Career
Weight room supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 October 2017
I only spent a short time at BELCO but I enjoyed the atmosphere for the most part. Its a very interactive job, working on a power plant can be very noisy but also very rewarding as you can visually see the product of your work.
Pros
Cafeteria on-site
Cons
Can be Loud as it is a Power Plant
Had a great time with hardworking professionals
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 October 2017
I leaned a lot while working on different technologies. I learned everyday which includes routing protocol technologies, Site-to-Site VPN, DMVPN, IP Sec Gre tunnel etc.
Workplace is great everyone was so friendly and professional.
Dal
2nd Class Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 October 2017
have worked for Dal for over 35 years ......have had over 8 different bosses ..... some better than others lol .... but its not a bad place to work ... would still be there is i could take my pension
Pros
money is ok
Cons
always changing
Fun place to work
Project Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 October 2017
Fun place to work, got a huge learning experience, it increases your potential to learn new stuff and challenges you to push your limits and achieve the impossible.
Good job for students
Box Office Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 September 2017
Pretty boring job but great for students. Allowed to do homework as long as there were no customers. Ability to pick up more shifts during busy times.
Volunteer position
Int'l Student Peer Support Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 September 2017
Helped international students improve their language capabilities and participated in the sharing of cultures. Reviewed resumes and gave tips for classes within the commerce program