Daktronics Employee Reviews

Toxic environment
Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD9 June 2018
This company has a very toxic work environment where the work culture is extremely stressful and unfriendly. The management shows very little concern about the employees and only shows concern for the bottom line/profit of the company.
Official response from Daktronics
19 June 2018

It is unfortunate you felt that way, but it is not representative of the company as a whole. People love the people at Daktronics!

Nicest Boss i've had in my life
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD15 April 2018
During the summer months I was pulled into manufacturing which wasn't explained that I would be a part of, but everything else about my job was incredible. The people were my favorite part.
Great coworkers
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD5 February 2018
The best thing about Daktronics is the coworkers. You will work with great people here. They are willing to help you learn and grow professionally and personally.
A Unique Position
Gameday Technician (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD24 October 2017
Gameday Techs take care of the hardware and software maintenance to run LED boards for stadiums. Dak support is always available. Sometimes challenging technical problems, with a team & knowledge base to back you up.
Pros
If you like sports, it's awesome
Cons
None for me
Nice place to work, but incredibly difficult to advance into sales career
High Complexity Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD25 September 2017
At Daktronics you can expect to work the typical 8-5 in a cubical with nice people. It is a demanding environment and you can expect to learn something new every day. Management is helpful with your daily tasks, but does not encourage you to grow personally. The corporate structure is designed to hold you in your current position as long as possible, with a lot of horizontal movement to follow.

Daktronics is a very conservative company that does offer good benefits (other than pay). If you are a conservative person looking for a steady job, comfortable atmoshphere, and are not in a hurry to advance, Daktronics is a solid place to be.
Pros
Casual atmosphere, working in sports related industry
Cons
Low pay, slow growth structure
Very relaxed
Electrical Design (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD24 September 2017
This was a very fun job to have while going to school. It was a very relaxed atmosphere with very little stress. I thought it was a good learning experience.
Daktronics
Software Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD18 September 2017
A typical day at work is calls and training. The hardest part is when you are busy and short staffed. I have learned time management to complete everything on time.
Apply at your own risk
N/A (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD22 June 2017
There are many different pieces that make up the whole. Some are managed very well, some are managed very poorly. A day varies dependent upon which part of the company you work in. It could be assembly, it could be sales, custodial, personnel, customer service, account management, etc.

The best part of the job is the friendships that you can make with your coworkers and that fact that you have a paycheck at the end of the day (though that paycheck might be shockingly small if you aren't an engineer). The hardest part is that if your manager is horrible or has a chip on their shoulder, you will have no job advancement or future within the company. This is consistent through out the company. If you are lucky enough to have a good manager, you may be able to succeed, if not- you will struggle until the day you leave. Also, nepotism and favoritism is quite blatant and commonplace.

The company started out with the best intentions. The cofounders are great people who wanted the best for their community. Unfortunately, the current management and company heads leave a lot to be desired. The product is good, but unless management improves, they will continue to struggle in the marketplace.

Carefully consider whether or not you want to work for this company.
Pros
Paycheck, Life Insurance, Local Employer
Cons
Management, Benefits, Pto
Great career path
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD17 May 2017
If you are a sports fan, this is the best company in the industry to work for. You will see and experience moments that money can't buy with this career.
Pros
Behind the scenes
Cons
Lot of travel
Flexible and fun place to grow as a SDSU Student
International Administrative Student (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD11 May 2017
Working at Daktronics has been nothing short of a fun and exciting way for me to grow my skills while still pursuing my college degree. They have always been great about making my schedule fit with my classes along with creating a culture that was open and positive. There was never a day in my department where I felt like I wasn't able to express new ideas or give my opinion on something we were working on. Everyone treats each other like equals despite their job titles and I think there is a lot to say about that.
Pros
Student friendly, Flexible scheduling, great benefits, and personable staff.
Cons
Hard to advance within the company. There isn't a lot of movement within the company.
Fun work environment
Grip Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL16 March 2017
A typical work was getting to the studio before game time and saying hello to everyone who was working in the control room then grab my field passes and head down to the field with all the equipment.

I learned a lot by always asking questions about every camera weather I was helping with it or just walking by it and just wanted to know how it woks.

The work culture was always fun and it never felt like I was working but it felt like I was doing something that I love to do.

The hardest part of the job was definitely working on the field when the temperature was well over 100 degrees and you had to keep working without taking a break.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to see what you're doing on the big screen and knowing that over 90,000 people are looking at it and cheering as they watch the home team make a big play.
Pros
Free lunches, making connections, learning something new every day and covering sports that I love to be apart of
Cons
The temperature during the afternoon games
Good company
Production (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD13 March 2017
Great company to work for. good work life balance. Management cares about the people that work there. Good community involvement. Good holiday schedule and PTO allowance.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD13 February 2017
Working at Dak has been one of the best experiences of my life. We are the global leader in what we do, Im very proud to say I work here and enjoy seeing our product out in the world.
Overall not a bad place to work
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD12 February 2017
Good working environment with great coworkers. Occasional option to travel and view some of the spectacular displays that are created here.
Slow paced work
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD27 December 2016
A typical day was slow moving with a lot of standing around time. To stay busy you had to go looking for things to do. Management made good decisions but were slow to come up with them. Co-workers are very pleasant to work with.
average company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD 5700622 December 2016
Dedicated people to work with. Good Teamwork and cooperation.
They have good products and I learned to be a contributer to the effort.
Good place to work while in school
Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD19 December 2016
This is a great job for while you are attending school. They are very flexible on hours and maintain that school comes first. Great to be able to apply skills learned in school to real life scenarios. Also very flexible in moving student employees around to different areas of software development
Pros
Wage bonuses based on grades
fun place to work
Video Board Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD12 December 2016
had fun with the daily challenges presented in the field.
worked remotely at professional sporting venues, so I cannot speak to the overall culture of the company or the people.

Pros
daily challenges
Cons
stressful
good learning opportunity
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MN9 November 2016
Started the day with a group meeting to inform workers what is in store for the day and get every one motivated. When out on the floor you go to the post your assigned to and check over the your work station for proper tools and a clear space to work in.
Pros
do diffrent things not stuck doing the same job all day
Cons
danger of being burned by hot solder
Good Student Job
Student (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD31 October 2016
Mutually Beneficial to the Company and Students. Daktronics receives decent labor below market rates and students gain valuable experience. Overall a good experience.
Pros
Pay is good for Part time job, Opportunities to learn
Cons
Not busy at times, feel bad wasting time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daktronics. Our community is ready to answer.