Daiya Foods

Daiya Foods Management reviews

Daiya was known for good culture but after new management, it sucks. No more respect for QA. All senior manager are treating as garbage. They always have short staffed and lots of work burden. Will not recommended to work here as QAQC
Pros
Free near expired ice cream
Cons
Stressful, cold environment, poor management
Worse management I ever worked, no support from supervisor no follow-up, no proper training! People are not friendly are pretentious. Very stressful job physically and mentally. Yoy will be treated poorly by your superiors.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Environment is hostile, cold, no team work. Managers are arrogant and insanely competitive. You will feel sick every day. If you are looking for good benefits they give well, but be prepared to lose your mental heath. They do not care ,if you are struggling with work due to short stuff ,always try to push you towards work. They do not care about how do you feel. Some time due to lack of people 1 person covers 2 -3 persons job duties. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
not organized well
It is a fast face environment. Repetition of what you are doing everyday. A lot of lifting especially in cook room. Exposure to fumes and dust-like from ingredients. Loud noise from machines. Workplace politics can observe, base on experience. No seniority except wages (The longer you are in the company the more you can have high salaries. So, new employees can't catch up with seniors.If you are close to your supervisor, you may become leadhand even you are new and if he didn't like you, he will find a way to fire you or terminate you. Better to self-resignation.) Management is good especially HR, but then, supervisor is the one who handle you. Extended benefits and other benefits...thumbs up.
Pros
Monthly cultural event, free food.
I learned a lot about the cheese production and packaging process. World class facility with a lot of mechanical wonders. I also love the fact they are making vegan cheese products. The hardest part of the job is blending in with co-workers. It's almost like tagalog is the first language and English is the 2nd language there. Their benefits package is really awesome and cover everything. I was the only non-filipino in the PM packaging department. It was difficult to blend in especially when I'm also a vegan and wouldn't eat the food they always share during break time. I was set up by one of the team leader to only doing heavy lifting without rotation. So my back got sprained twice in a roll and couldn't work for 2 weeks. After my injuries, the management also required me to see clinical counsellor for emotional help as a condition for rerunning to work, so I couldn't work for another 4 weeks. I was very disappointed with the management.
Pros
Easy labor work, super good benefits
Cons
Cultural, Management
Environment is hostile, Project Managers are arrogant and insanely competitive. You will feel sick every day. If you are looking for good money they pay well, but be prepared to lose your mental heath.
I work for Daiya for almost 3 mos. but I didn’t like the work environment lead hands are very rude when they talk. People doesn’t have discipline with the cleanliness. And Production Supervisor doesn’t over look the people properly.
overall a very good company, nice management, good working environment and lots of room advancement.Human Resource department are all approachable and helpful
Pros
good benefits, and lots of giveaways(free company jacket, bags, etc)
If you're looking to work with a egotistic bunch than this is the place for you. Cut throat and militias peers make it difficult to advance. Don't expect to make any friends here because the passion is lost and the people are robots.
Cons
Lack of leadership leads to gaps in the system
I've learned a lot at Daiya foods specially in operating machines and mixing ingredients. fun environment. very good staff and management. Very Good HR team