Daiya Foods

Daiya Foods Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

It is a fast face environment. Repetition of what you are doing everyday. A lot of lifting especially in cook room. Exposure to fumes and dust-like from ingredients. Loud noise from machines. Workplace politics can observe, base on experience. No seniority except wages (The longer you are in the company the more you can have high salaries. So, new employees can't catch up with seniors.If you are close to your supervisor, you may become leadhand even you are new and if he didn't like you, he will find a way to fire you or terminate you. Better to self-resignation.) Management is good especially HR, but then, supervisor is the one who handle you. Extended benefits and other benefits...thumbs up.
Pros
Monthly cultural event, free food.
Worse management I ever worked, no support from supervisor no follow-up, no proper training! People are not friendly are pretentious. Very stressful job physically and mentally. Yoy will be treated poorly by your superiors.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
So many new products all the time. The work environment is good, and it really is an innovative food production facility with very motivated and driven ideals. It’s definitely a company that’s going places.
Daiya cares about people and place them first. They also have inspiring town council meetings and have great benefits. All departments work well with each other with no "we are better and more important than you" BS.
Pros
Pay, benefits, understanding that life gets in the way of work sometimes.
Cons
Vegan.
I have never been bored once in my time at Daiya. It keeps me on my toes, keeps me challenged, and has given me so many opportunities that have helped me grow my career. I've loved the projects I've been able to work on and love that I get to work on products that have a positive impact in consumers' lives. The type of people who thrive on our team are those who a) like a challenge & solving problems b) can adapt to change and c) are passionate about making a difference. If you're looking for a place where you just do what is asked of you and clock out at 5 every day, then this probably isn't the place for you. Pros: -Flexible schedule -Supportive boss & team members -The best relationships out of any job I've ever worked (I've met some of my closest friends at Daiya) -Ability to take on projects that interest me -Growth opportunities -Collaborative environment Cons: -Changing priorities / lack of focus (we're working at being better at this as a company!) -Heavy workload (but part of this is self-inflicted because I want to take on all my projects)
learned a lot in that company and was great working there, lots of benefits. an expanding company. a lot of opportunities for the workers. I enjoyed working there for the last five years
Great team and culture at the rapidly growing company. Flexible. Great mentors. Lots of room to develop and grow. Huge potential as company is expanding.
Environment is hostile, Project Managers are arrogant and insanely competitive. You will feel sick every day. If you are looking for good money they pay well, but be prepared to lose your mental heath.
Working in this company was fun, friendly people and very helpful and respectful co workers and bosses, great salary and benefits for you and for your family as well.
overall a very good company, nice management, good working environment and lots of room advancement.Human Resource department are all approachable and helpful
Pros
good benefits, and lots of giveaways(free company jacket, bags, etc)
usually packing cheese and yougurt and lifting box the job is very simple and it pays good the people are very welcoming and the benefits is excellent
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
If you're looking to work with a egotistic bunch than this is the place for you. Cut throat and militias peers make it difficult to advance. Don't expect to make any friends here because the passion is lost and the people are robots.
Cons
Lack of leadership leads to gaps in the system
I've learned a lot at Daiya foods specially in operating machines and mixing ingredients. fun environment. very good staff and management. Very Good HR team