Daiya Foods

Daiya Foods Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Daiya was known for good culture but after new management, it sucks. No more respect for QA. All senior manager are treating as garbage. They always have short staffed and lots of work burden. Will not recommended to work here as QAQC
Pros
Free near expired ice cream
Cons
Stressful, cold environment, poor management
Environment is hostile, cold, no team work. Managers are arrogant and insanely competitive. You will feel sick every day. If you are looking for good benefits they give well, but be prepared to lose your mental heath. They do not care ,if you are struggling with work due to short stuff ,always try to push you towards work. They do not care about how do you feel. Some time due to lack of people 1 person covers 2 -3 persons job duties. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
not organized well
I learned a lot about the cheese production and packaging process. World class facility with a lot of mechanical wonders. I also love the fact they are making vegan cheese products. The hardest part of the job is blending in with co-workers. It's almost like tagalog is the first language and English is the 2nd language there. Their benefits package is really awesome and cover everything. I was the only non-filipino in the PM packaging department. It was difficult to blend in especially when I'm also a vegan and wouldn't eat the food they always share during break time. I was set up by one of the team leader to only doing heavy lifting without rotation. So my back got sprained twice in a roll and couldn't work for 2 weeks. After my injuries, the management also required me to see clinical counsellor for emotional help as a condition for rerunning to work, so I couldn't work for another 4 weeks. I was very disappointed with the management.
Pros
Easy labor work, super good benefits
Cons
Cultural, Management
Great place, great people , good benefits and wages to work only issue work stability not promising . Wanted a career for long term but things didnt go as planned.