Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

It was ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
Very flexible schedules, nice managers and fairly easy job. The scheduling was very unorganized and the pay was also very unorganized. Some parts were uncleanly.
stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2018
I rarely got hours, I would always call but management would forget they hired me and not put me on the schedule so I quit shortly after I was hired, overall a bad experience and I'm hoping to find a better experience next time i get a job.
Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON25 March 2018
A typical day at work was working at cash. doing Ice cream doing fun. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the long lines on hot summer day with little help.
toxic environment, horrible place to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 March 2018
management treated employees with disrespected, we were under paid, racism, demeaning treatment, they let go a girl because the her skin color

lots of promises when they hired us but every time we asked for a raise they will show us a list of mistakes we did so they do not have to give a raise

no training what so ever so when we start working customers some times they swear and yell at us because we are not trained for the job

bad experince
Busy work place
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON23 March 2018
Very busy work place it didn’t matter what day it was always busy. Even Sunday’s I couldn’t believe it, I loved how busy it got and I was always doing something
Shift leader
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK23 March 2018
Working as a shift leader at Dairy Queen allowed myself to grow and gain skills that were beneficial in the work environment but my personal life as well. it was a very good experience working at Dairy Queen.
it was alright
Front/Cashier (Former Employee) –  calg22 March 2018
The owners if the dairy queen I worked were extremely rude and the managers were worse. The benefits weren't the best, they would only have our discounts during breaks and we couldn't use them any other time
Shift manager
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON22 March 2018
Very busy each day, shift manager duties include managing break, ensuring customer complaints get dealt with, and learning to manage conflict within the team
Do not work in the walkerton dariy queen
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, ON22 March 2018
accuse me of doing drugs at work brought up my family history about drugs and alcohol abuse and cut hour down to 32 ever 2wk. Was promise 40 ever 2wk.
Pros
Cons
Hour getting cut..
productive, fast-paced and nice environment
Cashier, Order Taker, Ice Cream Maker (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 March 2018
working at DQ is a very good way to start your job experience. Overall, the customers aren't too bad, it does get very busy and the worst part is that there isn't enough staff booked on shift. However, it is always great when you serve polite and talkative people and having great co-workers and managers is a big plus
Pros
flexible with your availability
Laid back
GRILL & CHILL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Emerald Park, SK21 March 2018
Pretty good place to work, everyone was very friendly and pleasant to work with. The hardest part about working there was taking confusing orders from customers.
enjoyable place
SUPERVISOR/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2018
nice place to work, a lot of great people. I think dairy queen is a great first job for anyone to have it helped my gain customer service skills along with how to properly multitask.
Pros
you get to work with ice cream
Cons
not enough hours
Fast Food
Fast food worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 March 2018
Great job while going to high school. Nice people. worked as cook and cleaning. Not a bad job for kids going to high school. Good burgers and ice cream.
Pros
Good student job
Great work environment
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON17 March 2018
Great environment and provides excellent customer service experience. The regular customers are the best part of every shift because they are so lovely to talk to and serve.
an excptional place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2018
making ice cream food,making sandwiches, fries, onion rings, wiping down seats and tables, wiping down windows, sweeping and moping down the floor, wiping down counter tops.
Good Job
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC15 March 2018
Fast paced environment, with co-operative co workers and lots of opportunities for building communication skills and responsibility. Great atmosphere, building costumer service skills.
Amazing coworkers and a fun environment!
FOOD PREP/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON15 March 2018
Dairy Queen is a lovely place to work. I learned a ton and enjoyed every aspect of it. The customers come first and tend to be relatively happy with the good customer service that we tried very hard to provide. During the day, I got to meet and speak with people from all over and laugh and smile with them. I considered this the best part of the job. I also enjoyed working as a team rather than by myself!Management is decent and respectful most of the time.
Pros
1/2 off your food- 30 mins before/after work.
Cons
A lot of drama.
Great Team Enviroment
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 March 2018
Typical day: Generally most days include serving customers, making ice cream, cleaning up.

What I've learned: Teamwork is key! Encourage each other to to their best. Thank each other for the hard work at the end of shift.

Management: Our store manager is great when it comes to accommodating schedules around school or family events if given enough notice (normally around 4 weeks ahead of time, or for the new schedule to be posted), but can give time off for emergencies if needed.

Workplace culture: Since it's a great place to work at during college or university a lot of us at either current students or previously student. Great place to make new friends.Very easy to fit in.

Hardest part of the job: I'll be honest, dealing with irate customers in a calm and de-escalating manner. Had a few threats thrown my way despite my calm demeanor.

Best part of the job: Working with great people, and seeing kid's eyes light up when we flip blizzards for them!
Pros
50% off $10 worth of food
Cons
No health or dental benefits
Employees are very rude
Tobi Manger (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 March 2018
Getting pushed around by people
i learned the till and how to cook/make ice cream
boss is very rude
hardest part was learning to ignore the drama of the employees
most enjoyable is getting to make new friends and the costumers
Pros
50% off
Cons
The People and Boss are very rude
fast paced, great work environement
Cooking specialist (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB12 March 2018
I had a great time working at dq. all the staff memebers were so nice, it was like my second home. my day would consist of doing kitchen maintence and preping all of the condiments and meats.
Pros
discounts, a lot of shifts needed to be picked up
Cons
long days, sometimes it could get over whelming