Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Found 1,781 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,100 reviews

Poor management

I plan on quitting pretty soon but, everyone that works at my location knows that our pays are always rigged and most of the time they pay us less and don’t correctly put the number of hours we worked. The management is horrendous. I’ve only been working here for approximately five months and I’ve already seen dozen of workers leave because of the poor management. Most of my coworkers are the nicest people though. Overall if you’re thinking of working here, good luck.

Pros

Decent environment

Cons

Poor management

Good coworkers terrible management

I got laid off because I’m a full time university student doing class 9-6 everyday and they said they aren’t able to work around my schedule

its a very busy and high demand working enviorment

A typical day working at dairy queen would be very busy, id be there by 7 am cleaning and preparing the grill , nwould do the oil of the deep fryers and clean the floor. id clean the deep fryers and prepare the food prep. i learned how to make every burger and have it stuidied, i took home the patterns of burgers and studied it for the next day to know how to do the burger on this grill. work place culture, good mix of people, great to get along with !! :). The harsest part of the job was to keep my speed up for making the burgers. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the benefits of the discounted meals and/or ice cream.

Pros

the benefits, dicounted icecream and meals

Cons

not enough hours

never got trained

i really liked working here for the first little while since it was my first job and i interacted with a lot of people. but after about two weeks it was annoying and i noticed a lot of cons. i never was trained. i was only trained to do drive thru and if i was helping making stuff i would have to get workers to show me how in the middle of when it was busy. i never was properly trained. i only got paid student wage for such a fast paced job and it was stressful a lot.

Pros

paid break

Cons

no ac.

Good for a first job

It can be stressful at times but overall the management and employees are kind and understanding. Very easy to learn everything. You must be quick on your feet at this job as it is fast paced when it gets busy.

Pros

50% employee discount

Cons

Usually only 5 hour shifts

Never got training

I worked at Dairy Queen for close the four months and never got proper training, I was only taught how to make blizzards and milkshakes, a very small portion of their menu, cones and other things like that I was never taught or allowed to make.

Pros

Free food and 50% off

Cons

Bad management

Terrible place to work at

Never work here. They dont pay you fairly. Never give you your paystubs. Make you work in a very unhygienic environment and you even serve unhygienic food to your customers.

Productive but Stressful, requires lots of multitasking.

I rarely felt bored working at Dairy Queen, the supervisors are very good at keeping you busy even when you have no customers. However, they are also very demanding. The environment calls for you to keep track of multiple different tasks simultaneously. They are generally forgiving when it comes to human error, but you are expected to constantly improve. I often felt that expectations were too high too early into my employment, supervisors expected me to have memorized many of the recipes despite being a trainee.

Pros

Discounted Food, Free Drinks, Nice co-workers

Cons

Inconsistant Feedback on Performance, High skill floor

Good job

I loved working there I got to meet new people and learned how to make ice cream and cakes and make fries and burgers and I would probably work there again. Rate 10/10

Less easygoing, but more stressful

My management team was the worst. I can say it without any doubt or hesitation that this was the worst job I have ever worked at. Work overload lead me to anxiety. Minimum pay to live in this expensive life makes it even hard. In fact, my junior employees were earning the same wage as I was even after I worked at this place for more than a year. My manager never praised my work, raised my wage or even talked about it. All my co-workers worked hard, and they also always complained about the job. I got anxiety due to this job which is affecting and will affect my future.

Pros

Free cold drinks

Cons

free cold drinks only, stressful job, work overload

Alright

The work environment was alright. Training took much longer to start than it should have, employees were rude to each other, and there were some management issues. However, the employees who were kind, the location, the hours and the work experience I was able to gain made up for the less than ideal working environment.

Pros

Good hours, good location

Cons

Poor management

Not worth it for wage

I was the only worker in the front area. I was expected to serve customers (some very rude but that’s obviously expected), clean, finish my closing (mop, vacuum, window wash, take out garbage, clean bathrooms, ect), fill ice machines, stock everything, all while trying to serve the constant stream of people alone. not only that, i was expected to help in the drive through and icecream prep as much as i could. hours were good and management was flexible, but I always got in trouble for things i couldn’t control (like the bathrooms being dirty 5 minutes after i arrived for my shift). Not only that, i was a student and everyone else was 25-40 so i did not fit in. Plus nobody tips at fast food places. After working a slower pharmacy cashier job, i can confidently say that I was doing way too much for $11.45 at dairy queen, and that there are way easier and less stressful minimum wage jobs out there for students just looking for a quick buck and experience for their resume

Pros

50% discount during shift, flexible hours

Cons

high workload, stressful

Fast paced, but entertaining work place!

I've worked at Dairy Queen for several months and I can say that I enjoy it. The pros to working here are the great friends you make, the casual hours, and the free food. The Cons to this job are: minimum wage pay, no tips, rude and impatient customers, bad training, loud noise, unfair employee hierarchy, and the fact that you're always running around. I would recommend working for this company to someone under the age of 25, because almost all of the employees are under 16 and much older employees just don't fit in the same. Finally don't work here if you can't tolerate rude and silly customers, because we get them every day. Recently I had a customer yell at me for several minutes because the ice cream in her blizzard was too cold. To anyone that applies to work here, good luck!

Pros

Awesome team

Cons

Crazy customers

Worst job ive had

I was very poorly trained but thays not saying much for a fastfood place, but was never corrected if i asked if something i did was right or wrong kind of an "oh well" attitude they all had. Not to mention how badly i was treated by my co workers who would constantly make fun of me for LITERALLY anything i refuse to even step foot in that building ever again only good thing was the scheduele was very flexible but it wasnt worth it anymore.

Pros

Very flexible

Cons

Extremely rude coworkers, poorly trained

Love working with people

It’s a great place to work, the hours are good the staff are great almost like family, they pay well if you work hard and do your job. They are accommodating when it come to time off.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Less hours in the winter

A mix of pace

Sometimes it’s slow and sometimes it feels like there’s nothing to do. Constant pressure from the management to take on more hours. No consideration for the employees

Pros

Free items on break, great coworkers

Cons

Management takes things personally, and could care less that you have a life

Serious management problems, toxic environment

When I first began dairy queen I was pushed around by employees who had been working there for longer than me and when I told management they told me it was a right of passage and I needed to get over it. The upper management was rude and often bullied employees just to get a fearful reaction. Other employees needed to be prompted often to do their job and often spent more time on their phones or gossiping about other employees than working.

Pros

Discount on breaks

Cons

Lazy staff, rude management, bullying, rude customers

Worse workplace I have ever worked for

Salary is unfair for what you have to do every shift. So stressful job. Rude coworkers, management, no free lunch, rude customers. Never see manager during working hours.

Pros

Cons

Rude coworkers, many tasks, no free lunch, bad management, unfair salary.

Wonderful

The staff is amazing, the customers love you, and the place is so clean and organized. It’s fast work but it’s also very well handled and fun. Overall great work experience. I’d recommend if you like customer service and to make new friends.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Hours

Terrible training, long process to get the job, poor workers very rude

I worked for a bit there at dairy queen in winkler, get this i’m a teenager. I experienced the saddest job i think i ever have. They were very rude and judgmental. Didn’t care for others in the environment. Didn’t train properly. They talk down about you behind your back. in general it’s a toxic work environment and improving can happen.

Cons

Not enough hours, Poor training. Poor attitude

Fun work environment, fast paced, understaffed

Dairy Queen was a fun place to work once I got the hang of everything. It was always fast paced but manageable until introducing 2 additional delivery platforms on top of Skip the Dishes. In the summer time this was an unbearable workload and sometimes we would not be able to take our breaks .

Pros

Days off whenever requested

Cons

Excessive workload, poorly staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5K