Dairy Queen
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Found 1,795 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,169 reviews

Alright

I enjoyed working at Dairy Queen, all of the other employees were quite nice, however don’t expect to be paid any more than minimum wage as the stores would rather hire a new person than pay an experienced member more.

Pros

In store discount

Cons

The in store discount used to be more

Just don’t

By far the worst place i’ve ever worked. Managers don’t care to train people therefore half of the employees didn’t know what they were doing. Terrible

Pros

Holiday bonus

Cons

Terrible manage

Good work environment

Great to work for but kitchen cook has to work alone once trained . A lot of stress on one person to do the shifts alone and cook for all orders with only one kitchen staff on at a shift .

Pros

Good food

Cons

Fast pace

Toxic work environment at Amherst DQ

The work environment was toxic. If dairy queen wasn't your life you were ostracized by managment. The understaffing got to the degree that they couldn't keep new staff longer than a month or two. Sometimes less. On top of that they would take away their employees work incentive over a mistake. I had to leave when they made me serve 1/3 lbs. burgers with only one 1/4 pound patty, ripping off their customers.

Cons

Hot, Fastpaced, Understaffing, and the general toxicity

Horrible Place to work

poor management, lots of teenage girls which ends up in a lot of drama. the owner picks favourites and if you aren’t one of them you’re going to feel like an outcast. it will make you hate working here. this is the location at the boardwalk

Pros

free food

Cons

the boss

Fun Workplace but not great pay

I enjoyed working here but eventually, the pay wasn't worth it and I moved on. There are opportunities to advance. If you are in high school it is a great job.

Horrible place to work

Managers treat employees like we’re not even people we get yelled at for simple things there are favorites and it’s very noticeable and it’s absolutely awful

Pros

Cons

Everything is bad

Not a good environment

A friend got me hired, and it was horrible. She loves it though….. guess it’s just not for everyone. Really hope it works out for anyone else though. It’s an okay first job.

Great place to be

Wonderful people. Wonderful management. Great customers. Great work atmosphere. Always professional but still feel like family. Would absolutely recommend working here as I enjoyed my time there.

Fun and sometimes stressful

Good job to start out at as a teenager. It worked great with an after school schedule and didn’t interfere with much. Management was nice and the menu is fairly simple to understand if you are working in the kitchen.

Great managment

Worked at the Cold Lake Location and the managers are some of the nicest most genuine people ever. I would recommend for anyone needing a job asap, or any who is okay with 15.50$ an hr.

Pros

Kind, adaptable

Cons

team communication could improve with supervisors.

Overall great place to work

Work staff great nice people to work with at times can be stressful at times when busy owners are amazing very nice people very welcoming new employees

Pros

Discount

I give Dairy Queen a five star

I hope I can work there it’s a fun place to work love I like when you get a wrong with your stuff and your bosshow they do a miracle three day for the kids

Cons

And I like what they do for the kids for the kids

good part time job

The hours were fair and they respected my student schedule. It's especially good as a summer job. Its boring when fall comes around. i loved my coworkers and it was a fun environment.

Horrible Workplace

Met many great friends here but the management is horrible and hires young teenagers that they emotionally abuse and bully. There is constant unnecessary drama it’s a waste of time. Was paid under minimum wage for months.

Pros

Mostly good staff, free food

Cons

1 15 minute break even on 8 hour shifts

Fun place to work

Dairy Queen is a fun place to work, although it can get really busy, so it’s not ideal for someone who has anxiety and struggles to function with high volumes of customers. The one I work at doesn’t provide adequate training; I was shown how to do things a couple times, but ended up having to figure pretty much everything out on my own. I’ve been there for 2 years and am still sometimes struggling to figure out how to do things some days.

Pros

Free fries after shifts (at the one I work at), discount on other food on days you work, very hands on

Cons

Not guaranteed breaks (at the one I work at), very stress inducing

Good coworkers terrible management

I got laid off because I’m a full time university student doing class 9-6 everyday and they said they aren’t able to work around my schedule

its a very busy and high demand working enviorment

A typical day working at dairy queen would be very busy, id be there by 7 am cleaning and preparing the grill , nwould do the oil of the deep fryers and clean the floor. id clean the deep fryers and prepare the food prep. i learned how to make every burger and have it stuidied, i took home the patterns of burgers and studied it for the next day to know how to do the burger on this grill. work place culture, good mix of people, great to get along with !! :). The harsest part of the job was to keep my speed up for making the burgers. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the benefits of the discounted meals and/or ice cream.

Pros

the benefits, dicounted icecream and meals

Cons

not enough hours

Poor management

I plan on quitting pretty soon but, everyone that works at my location knows that our pays are always rigged and most of the time they pay us less and don’t correctly put the number of hours we worked. The management is horrendous. I’ve only been working here for approximately five months and I’ve already seen dozen of workers leave because of the poor management. Most of my coworkers are the nicest people though. Overall if you’re thinking of working here, good luck.

Pros

Decent environment

Cons

Poor management

never got trained

i really liked working here for the first little while since it was my first job and i interacted with a lot of people. but after about two weeks it was annoying and i noticed a lot of cons. i never was trained. i was only trained to do drive thru and if i was helping making stuff i would have to get workers to show me how in the middle of when it was busy. i never was properly trained. i only got paid student wage for such a fast paced job and it was stressful a lot.

Pros

paid break

Cons

no ac.

Good for a first job

It can be stressful at times but overall the management and employees are kind and understanding. Very easy to learn everything. You must be quick on your feet at this job as it is fast paced when it gets busy.

Pros

50% employee discount

Cons

Usually only 5 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6K