Dairy Queen

Canada2,000 reviews

Found 2,000 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,280 reviews
dairydqcreamiceblizzardcakefoodicecream

Fun and chill environment

It was super chill. Every year you received a (small) raise. Great for the summer. Who doesn’t love serving ice cream and putting a smile on people’s face? I will say, my time working here was more enjoyable because there wasn’t an indoor place for customers. The customers came up to the window, ordered their ice cream and left. So we did it have to deal with seating or restaurant style

Good experience while working with others

As a first job it is good. You get good work experience in the food industry while working with people your age. The actual work can be very fast paced and draining over an 8 hour shift.

Pros

Discount of food when on shift, Working with people your age as a a youth, flexible schedule

Cons

Hard to go up positions, very fast paced and stressful environment

Insights into Dairy Queen

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Amazing place to work

I love the co workers, I love the culture, and the customer. I always have an amazing day I work and it’s was a great first job, it teaches you a lot about the work place

horrible employee treatment and illegal practices

I had a horrible time at dairy queen, not only was the management rude and unwelcoming, i got no training, had to learn on the job while being scolded

Pros

small discount on food, free soda

Cons

mistreatment of staff, slashed hours, high standards, illegal practices, random shift cancellations, no benefits, no training.

No room for growth

Easy work responsibilities but no room for growth within the company as most of it is franchised. Working six days a week with less than 40 hours. Owners stop you to have part time jobs.

Good first job

You will deal with difficult customers in a busy environment but overall it teaches great lessons that will help in many future jobs. The pay is usually minimum wage.

Je suis Couture

J'ai reçu vos sms dans mon compte tout les temps ces extraordinaire

Very judgemental managers.

Many people have quit working because comments made to them by the managers working there. Theres no respect in the building and it is definitely ran by the wrong people👍👍👍

decent have to have certain work etiquette to work here

dairy queen was a decent first job. Very fast paced with co workers but bad management. Made me aware of how bad the fast food industry is. The management was really bad and if you are a student prepare to work past 11pm

Met nice people

Really slow in the winter, not enough hours. Management is not good, rude supervisors and they choose favorites. Not a good job in general, I do not recommend

Fun staff easy work

Fun staff easy work. The manager has poor communication skills and will cut your shifts rather than confronting you though, so watch out for that. It’s a good atmosphere for the most part

garbage place to work. Harassment occurs and it’s never addressed.

garbage. horrible environment. horrible people. aweful owners. hours are nowhere close to consistent. didn’t get paid for my last week, removed me from the group chat and still scheduled me so i couldn’t complain to the labour board nor could i see it.

Pros

50% discount during our break

Cons

inconsistent hours, rude people, aweful owners.

great place

Nice place to work when you are just starting your career. All the colleagues are really good and the top management motivates and is great if you want to work here.

Pros

enjoy working

Cons

Gets hectic in the summers sometimes

Customer service

One agressive customer came at the time of opening of the store. It was hard to deal with him but somehow I managed to make him calm down and that was the worst experience I had there. Otherwise servicing there was not bad, it was a good opportunity though to deal with new client every new minute.

It was a job

When I first started it was good. Than the manager left for greener pastures and the person they promoted to manager had no experience and no help. So they took the ship down with them.

Good place to work at

Good place to work at.I have worked for Dairy Queen since April of 2019. The Franchise, Fourteen Foods, is the largest franchise of Dairy Queens with roughly 250 different locations all across the United States. They are Smile Servers and love the community as much as the community loves them. We pride ourselves on customer service, cleanliness, and product quality."

Fun easy workplace, pay is close to minimum

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, making blizzards, taking order, delivery stuff, etc. Flexible hours makes it a good job for students, coworkers were awesome. Management at my store was nice, pay on time.

Fast-Paced Environment

Face pace environment especially in the summer and, a-lot of cleaning involved. Need to stay on top of the supply because there is a large demand for products (toppings, syrups etc).

Meh

Worked here for over a year only for them to just stop scheduling me and not giving me a straight answer as to why. Never advanced, got good training but I could tell there was no future there either.

Okay place to work

Good fast food place to work. fast paced and stressful during summer, especially weekends, but relatively easy to get hang of. Coworkers are all very nice

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Stressful

Nice job for starters

The management was good and very flexible with our schedules. All the employees and customers are lovely and helpful. Not the best place for growth, when you learn how to do everything it just repeats. Some people like it because it makes them feel comfortable, but for those who like new things you probably won’t stay for long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement