Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Canada1,699 reviews
Found 1,699 reviews matching the search
fun people
got to work with fun people and get to watch movies on your breaks flexable hours more or less good pay fun working enviroment fair pay clean work place.
Ok place to work for a teenager
it's a decently easy job but for me it was kinda stressful, if your a kid and just want to make some easy money. dairy queen is nor so much different then say, McDonald's.
relaxed and easy going
working at dairy queen is an overall relaxing and easy going job. Every day there are tasks that need to get done ( cake orders ect.).like any other fast food place communication with other co-workers is key. It can be fast paced at times when there is a rush of people coming in ( usually in summer).The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with orders. Very slow in winter months more able to get tasks done. I learned how to deal with customers and prepare orders. The best part of this job is how relaxed it can get to just do tasks at your own pace.
Messy and tiring
i enjoyed the job at first until i felt undervalued by new management. Always overworking me with very little pay and constantly rude. I would've stayed if new owners weren't there
Pros
nothing
Cons
Travail étudiant
Comme jeune étudiante, il était agréable de travailler chez Dairy Queen. J’ai pu m’initier au service à la clientèle dans un ambiance calme et détendu tout en ayant du plaisir.
loved working here
great place to work with a fun staff and amazing manager, spent over a year working there with minimal problems with both co-workers and customers.///
Could be much better
Job was better than a lot of other fast food jobs but management took forever to post weekly schedules, had little room for advancement, and did not pay employees enough
Fun workplace
Super flexible job, management is overall good. A good first job for young teens. The workplace culture was enjoyable and the hardest part of the job was probably keeping up with making almost 100 cones in a half an hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team and learning new work skills.
good
good manangment. flexible schedules i was only a student when i started working here 5 years ago.always a very friendly work place to work in. good experience
Fun workplace
Learned how to make products, good management, friendly colleagues, always happy going to work every time, fun workplace, always busy and requires speed from workers.
Was a bad experience
I worked there for four years and it was not enjoyable. My favourite part about working there was getting to work along side some co workers who could make the shift barabel.
Pros
You will get money and learn to work quickly
Cons
The work environment was toxic and customers were consistently rude.
It is a great place to work
I gave 5 stars to dairy queen. Working their is great because of friendly And happy environment. Dairy Queen take cleaning very seriously so that they can provide healthy and great food.
Fast paced and welcoming environment
Very fast paced environment, especially in the summer. Very good management, fair pay, good with flexible hours, great for students, high school or university.
Cashier At DQ
Your job either consists of helping set up the morning crew before shift starts or shutting down at the end of a night. Can get tedious as the tasks are very repetitive, and easy to learn right away.
It paid what I needed while in school
I was in early high school while I worked here and it paid what I needed it to at the time, however I really didn't enjoy the job at all, most of the staff were very unkind.
very fast pace, on task work environment
Dairy Queen was an amazing learning opportunity for me, working at dairy queen I trained in every department of the store including chill, grill, and cakes. A typical day for me at dairy queen varied being trained in every department gave me the opportunity to be there for all my staff to share my advice and knowledge. I spent the majority of my shifts supervising which included counting tills, helping staff, daily paperwork, closing/opening duties and making sure all staff have things to do during slower hours.
Both rushed and steady workplace at Dairy Queen
I had a good but sometimes rocky experience working at Dairy Queen. Most of my management was helpful and supportive. The only downside was machines were often broken and took a long time to get fixed (especially when we were really busy).
lots of favouritism
If you're not good with the manager you barely get hours and only the managers favorites get promoted. The only good thing was, I was working with my friends and some good co-workers. The managers weren't nice to me at all and they always picked on me whenever I worked with them. The best part was the discount on the food but that isn't enough, its still a terrible place.
Terrible
I was treated awful at DQ by the owner who was a jerk to everyone and thought that he knows everything even though I had been working there longer than he owned the place. After 3 years still making close to minimum wage. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone. I even contacted DQ about his behaviour and they did nothing but tell him what I said so I got in trouble and he acted like an even bigger jerk.
Great place to work. Coworkers are friendly and easy going. Management are easy to talk to and treat their employees with respect and will talk with them about any ideas that may have.
Get started quickly, but the salary is low
I took up this part-time job while enrolling in a graduate program. The working environment is amicable, and the coworkers are very patient. The owner of this DQ is very generous, and various festivals will give some bonuses to us. However, overall wages are low, which is also the disadvantage of working in general fast-food restaurants.