DAC Group

DAC Group Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews

Great experience at a Digital Marketing Agency

My first experience working at an agency was great. Exposure to a lot of culture at the company level as well as our tech group culture. I was hired as contractor and was given an opportunity for full-time. The manager at the time was fantastic and very open minded. After the restructure things went down hill. Many of the knowledgeable core people left or was fired.

Pros

Company provided breakfast, Afternoon snacks, Ping pong and pool table, Smart people working there, People were generally helpful, Parking covered

Cons

A bit too many meetings

Old guard trying to be a part of the future

The company calls it self a marketing agency but is operated by sales people. Have mercy on your soul and run as far as you can. There are better places to work

Pros

free lunch

Cons

sales team running account strategy, politics, toxic

Great company to work with.

I really like to work here. Line manager to mid level managers are always happy to help and try their best to make the work interesting. Top level managers are positive to try new technology. The company is growing. Work with cutting edge technologies. Free breakfast and snacks.

Cons

Work from home is not encouraged. I hope the covid pandemic will change top managers mondset

Good workplace to work but the salary structure should be matched at least to the industry standards. Too much of micromanagement makes the workplace atmosphere suffocating and makes the employees not work productively.

Incredible Place to Work

Working at DAC has been an amazing journey so far. I've been at DAC for over two years now and truly enjoy coming into work every day because I am surrounded by smart, talented and supportive colleagues/clients. Our CEO is one of the most personable and empathic people in the industry -- always making a conscious effort to stop by our desks and check-in on how things are going . He cares deeply about the people at DAC -- something you don't run into at a lot of other agencies. If you want to work for an agency that has a great team environment, incredible support and encouragement from senior management, flexibility, and continuous learning & development then DAC is the place for you. Highly recommend.

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Great Culture, Management, Free Breakfast & Snacks, Growth, Learning, Mentorship

Cons

Commute can be long (if you are coming from west GTA)

frustrating company with table tennis

The average day you will be given assignments from middle management that was uninvestigated and approved from a sales person who has no knowledge of what they're selling. If you like constantly playing catch up working on projects that are over budget behind schedule and poorly written this is the place for you.

Pros

free breakfast and a afternoon snack

Cons

Decent, fun place to work

Dac group was an enjoyable place to work. They even gave free lunch. I was only there for a short term contract but the time that I spent there really opened me up to digital media

Terrible work place, awful management

This has to be the worst workplace I have ever worked at. Employees are overworked with no promotion in line, the management has no clue what they're doing and only received their title due to seniority. The company has such a high turnover rate that the management team doesn't even bother to learn new team members names anymore. There is no training provided, every one seems unhappy from being overworked but they are the smartest employees trying to gain experience before they leave elsewhere, even though this company provides absolutely no training. DAC Group works very backwards like the olden days where other agencies have progressed so much. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Long hours, no training, no mentors, no progression in company and role

Good Culture

Everything depends on the team you are into. Depending on the team, a great deal of support and recognition of your work. Competitive pay and work perks like breakfasts and snacks. A fun & friendly work environment filled with exceptionally bright people.

Great entry level position

The experience one builds from this job is incomparable to any other. Out of this job, one is ready for a higher ranked position in the field of customer service and many others.

nice work please

Great people to work with. Have an excellent working environment and nice people who are willing to help you in your career advancement.

Toronto office - pass

For your first marketing job this place will most likely ruin you. Not meant for senior pepole applying ... interview process terrible, toxic and a lot of attitude

Pros

Cons

Avoid at all cost

Very modern and energetic place to work.

Nice office environment and friendly coworkers. Very collaborative culture open to new ideas and solution strategies. It was a pleasure to have an opportunity to push my architectural thinking into new dimensions.

Pros

Fantastic place to work.

Cons

Good if you're starting out

A typical day is to review work requirements or changes and updates that were requested the previous day. Update the team of project status. What I've learned in the company, you need to "sweeten" everything to get ahead, flowery statements, it's a good thing for career advancement. Generally the company is ok, they just don't stick up to their clients even if they are knowledgable of the subject. Taking customer is always right to the next level. Good for clients, not so good for employees.

Pros

Free food, parking, gym, close to subway, tech support

Cons

Blame culture, back stabbers are stars.

Fast paced and continually expanding company

I thoroughly enjoyed working at DAC Group. For the majority of my time there I found that I was able to control the narrative of my career through the innovative use of advanced technology and development of processes. The company has seen a lot of growth over the last decade and it is exciting to see where it is going to go from here.

Pros

Innovation

Cons

Lack of senior opportunites

Good place to work. A lot of smart people

Good place to work. A lot of smart people and opportunity for advancement. Recommend working there. Global offices is a plus if want to work have diverse experience.

One of the very best agencies in town

Great place to work, one of the best digital marketing agencies in town. Focused on the business and success of our clients rather than meeting arbitrary account sales numbers. Growth opportunities and career advancement are definitely possible if you work at it, there are no free lunches. Training and support are offered, investing in your people is the smartest move because it pays off.

productive, great workplace enviornment

Enjoyable work place. Very laid back environment. Great management equal great morale and happy staff. As a contract employee, I feel that I am part of the team.

Pros

Employees are treated with great respect from management.

Cons

None that I can think of

Great product/Bad management

This company had no clue how to be a sales organization and thus lost 8 sales reps within 6 months.They achieved some great results for their clients but couldn't set their reps up to succeed.

Pros

Great product

Cons

Bad management. Cocky attitude that clients should pay whatever they feel they're worth

Good starting company, comes with free food

Its a good good company if you need a start. They like hiring entry level people. The experience is good, and they produce some of the most current technology, so this would be a good place to enhance your skillets. The deadlines are insane sometimes, as the company seek to satisfy the client as much as possible and by meeting short deadlines will satisfy the clients the most. However if you are new, they also tend to pay you pretty low too. If you're in the IT department, expect high turn overs. This is a company that micro-managers and wants detail record of your hours worked, which you have to record daily, and it has to be accurate. Expect a very highly political cutthroat environment. Mistakes can cost you your job, especially if you happen to have a manager that protects his/her own position well. This is not a company that tolerate mistakes, especially in the IT department. This company also has a policy it can fire employees without notice and warning. They never like to give warning, as its too dangerous to give warnings, especially in the IT field. One day when you arrive for work thinking its a regular working day and bam you are escorted out the building in the same day. If you feel your job is in danger, you probably are in danger. This is a company for the highly ambitious and can play politics well. If you are this type of person, you can go pretty far in the company.

Pros

Free Breakfast, free lunch snacks, free drink, free parking, flexible hours, friendly co-workers, monthly pizza days, ping pong table

Cons

unstable salary position, short deadlines, volatile politics, toxic working environment depending on manager

A great place to work!

I really enjoy working at DAC Group -- there are a lot of fun people there and management does really take an interest in their employees' work and their lives outside of the office.

Pros

Pizza lunch 2nd Friday; birthday cake for employees on final Friday; breakfasts provided, pool table and darts board, large flat-screen TV in kitchen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAC Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement