DaDa Employee Reviews

good company
Online English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 December 2018
You build your schedule, you get to meet amazing children and also meet a lot of extraordinary people as colleagues. You have to understand a little bit of the chinese culture to relate to your student. And you always have to be energetic as you are teaching something very foreign to the kid.
Great flexibility for work life balance
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 December 2018
Workday starts at 4:30AM due to time change in China. Great opportunity to work from home. Pay was ok but lots of deductions. Their IT was spotty and communication with management was difficult at times. Enjoyed the children - they were the best part of the job!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
management was
Horrible experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Home Based14 October 2018
I have worked for DADA for around 3 months now and I have to say its great that I can stay home and work without travelling anywhere. However, the management at DADA is the worst, they don't reply back to your email, especially when its regarding salary. Also, if you work part time hours for them, they will secretly take a portion away without explaining to you the reason, if you contact them, NOPE no one gets back to you. It really discourages me to work for them anymore and I'm considering quitting this company - ITS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!!
I know management is going to write "please contact (email address) as we really care about our teachers" but hey this is what you write but you don't even get back to people, why bother writing that here on indeed?
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Horrible management
Enjoyable work with an abhorrent management team
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2018
Teaching for DaDa is a frustrating blend of being both wonderfully rewarding as well as extremely frustrating. While time spent teaching students is generally quite enjoyable and a great way to earn a living, the treatment of teachers by the management teachers is exhausting to endure. Salaries often come in as less than what is promised in the contract and when their system makes errors when logging your attendance (for example, saying you were absent when the log shows that you were on time and present to teach all your classes) getting them to fix the error and pay you the correct amount owed is essentially impossible
Pros
Chose your own schedule, wonderful students, lots of flexibility
Cons
Have to adjust to working on Shanghai time, terrible management
Great Company to Work for!
ESL Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 July 2018
DadaABC is a great company to work for as the kids make the job the most rewarding part! Great place to acquire teaching experience, friendly support team, good pay, and good hours! I been working for Dada since March and it's honestly the best job I ever had.
Online teaching make me work at home. It's my fav part for this part time job.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  York10 July 2018
It's great seeing the same kids every week, I've formed a solid rapport with several of them and find myself looking forward to our next lessons
Payment feels generous, I feel fortunate to have found this platform at this time in my life.
Pros
The biggest advantage to working here vs. other similar companies is, you are paid half your hourly rate whether you have bookings or not.
Cons
Depending on where you live, the hours could be pretty early (6pm-9pm BJT).
Very productive, fun and great to learn what teaching is like
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2017
Since hired by Dadabc I have seen great results. I am in constant touch with the HR head and they always take care of their teachers. Always show up on time for class because it shows dedication and seriousness to the job. My students are great to teach as they love to learn and it is great to build student-teacher relationships. Good part-time job to do from the comfort of home with great pay if you become a good teacher and build up a good student base.
Pros
Good pay, great to work from home
Cons
Some days may be short because students cancel