DaDa Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
I worked at 3 am to 6 am mountain standard ... even though the work was ok, I found myself exhausted , as they book you solid for those 3 hours. Assessments must be completed on your own time. Feedback from the company was hard to understand.. but overall if you’re a night owl then this job would be for you as they have other shifts as well from midnight onward till 6/7 am ...
No appreciation, no respect. They penalized me just for resignation or why I didn’t let them know before.
I lost most of my earnings from February 2019 to February 2020.

I was their top fan at Facebook and they sent me satisfaction letter related to my teaching at dada at first week. But no appreciation at all. A teacher doesn’t work to be penalized. Peopl
Pros
Lovely kids, Nice platform.
Cons
No respect for teachers and penalizing them by taking their earnings.
I know that some people do not have a positive experience with DaDa or they encounter issues at some point, but my experience has been great so far.

I started last year and have just signed my second contract as I like the fact that I have a set schedule where I work in the mornings and I have had most of my regulars with me for a year now.
Great company
Flexible hours but mostly for stay at home Moms looking to earn side income, have to be up early and at the desk 15 mins early checking in.

Working with kids that want to learn makes a plus plus!!
I honestly can't believe that I have lasted as long as I have working for this horrible company (8/9 months). First of all, the hiring process takes forever. The management never seems to understand what's going on or they really are just super lazy. Once you're hired, chances are the amount they offer you will be much lower than other online teaching companies. There is a set schedule, which is difficult to change so you must be sure about your availability for the next 6 months... which is impossible for any human, I mean c'mon. Then, god forbid you get sick or have to take time off for anything because you will be penalised. They deduce your pay even when you're not cancelling specific classes that have already been booked, but just merely requesting a day off.
Hopefully you never run into any technical issues or questions about the website/app/job/courseware/etc. since the teacher CO is very unhelpful. Feels like you're still talking to a computer generated message even when it's a human.

Also, you have no control over the subject matter. Some parents sign their kids up for a lesson that is way above their level...but you have to suffer through it anyway. Contacting DaDa about a request to have that changed is a waste of your time.

Some of the lessons are like 4 slides with basically 6 vocab words. This is for a 30 min lesson!!! Or the things on the lesson are absolutely ridiculous to be teaching an early English learner. Looks like they just threw together slides in 2 minutes.

Overall, the management is more than unhelpful. There are basically no benefits compared
 - more...
There are less benefits and bonuses than when I started working here, but the stability is good and they provide you with lots of students. The children are great, and the Dada team is generally supportive and helpful.
You build your schedule, you get to meet amazing children and also meet a lot of extraordinary people as colleagues. You have to understand a little bit of the chinese culture to relate to your student. And you always have to be energetic as you are teaching something very foreign to the kid.
Workday starts at 4:30AM due to time change in China. Great opportunity to work from home. Pay was ok but lots of deductions. Their IT was spotty and communication with management was difficult at times. Enjoyed the children - they were the best part of the job!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
management was
I have worked for DADA for around 3 months now and I have to say its great that I can stay home and work without travelling anywhere. However, the management at DADA is the worst, they don't reply back to your email, especially when its regarding salary. Also, if you work part time hours for them, they will secretly take a portion away without explaining to you the reason, if you contact them, NOPE no one gets back to you. It really discourages me to work for them anymore and I'm considering quitting this company - ITS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!!
I know management is going to write "please contact (email address) as we really care about our teachers" but hey this is what you write but you don't even get back to people, why bother writing that here on indeed?
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Horrible management
The hours are very early but working with the kids is very enjoyable. The company really seems to try to be there for their teachers in my experience. Good place to work.
Pros
work from home, set your own hours
Cons
current bonus/rewards structure
Teaching for DaDa is a frustrating blend of being both wonderfully rewarding as well as extremely frustrating. While time spent teaching students is generally quite enjoyable and a great way to earn a living, the treatment of teachers by the management teachers is exhausting to endure. Salaries often come in as less than what is promised in the contract and when their system makes errors when logging your attendance (for example, saying you were absent when the log shows that you were on time and present to teach all your classes) getting them to fix the error and pay you the correct amount owed is essentially impossible
Pros
Chose your own schedule, wonderful students, lots of flexibility
Cons
Have to adjust to working on Shanghai time, terrible management
DadaABC is a great company to work for as the kids make the job the most rewarding part! Great place to acquire teaching experience, friendly support team, good pay, and good hours! I been working for Dada since March and it's honestly the best job I ever had.
It's great seeing the same kids every week, I've formed a solid rapport with several of them and find myself looking forward to our next lessons
Payment feels generous, I feel fortunate to have found this platform at this time in my life.
Pros
The biggest advantage to working here vs. other similar companies is, you are paid half your hourly rate whether you have bookings or not.
Cons
Depending on where you live, the hours could be pretty early (6pm-9pm BJT).
Since hired by Dadabc I have seen great results. I am in constant touch with the HR head and they always take care of their teachers. Always show up on time for class because it shows dedication and seriousness to the job. My students are great to teach as they love to learn and it is great to build student-teacher relationships. Good part-time job to do from the comfort of home with great pay if you become a good teacher and build up a good student base.
Pros
Good pay, great to work from home
Cons
Some days may be short because students cancel