DHL

Canada15 reviews

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,690 reviews
exelcanadawarehousesupervisorpackageexpressshiftsafety

its depend on airplane

If there is no airplane coming, there are no package to sort. In this case woker just wait in lunch room or you will be sent home. once packages arrive, super busy.

Pros

wokers help you

Cons

not enough shift

Official response from DHL

9 February 2022
Hello, Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us through this review. In DHL we strive to provide our employees the best conditions and remuneration to make them feel valued with us. We are very pleased that your team is characterized by strong cohesion. A good working atmosphere and colleagues who treat each other fairly contribute to a harmonious working day. As a company, we would like to promote this in the best possible way.Yes, we always strive to provide our employees with a good work-life balance. We are sorry that we have not achieved this in your case. We wish you the very best for your future and hope you will soon find what you are looking for in your working environment. Greetings to Hamilton!Your DHL Team

Terrible place to work

Management doesn’t care about your health, and they extort your money from you. The pay is nice, but they will take money that you don’t need to have taken off. If you’re not entitled to your benefits they shouldn’t be taking money for them. Which they did to me. Will not go back to another DHL facility.

Pros

Above minimum wage

Cons

Everything else

Official response from DHL

23 April 2021
Hello,Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience regarding management and compensation. We are on a continuous mission to improve our managerial organization and we are always offering fair remuneration and good benefits to all our employees. If issues were (re)occuring with your supervisiors, a good course of action was to reach out to your local HR department. We value the feedback our Warehouse Workers provide, so thank you for voicing it.We wish you all the best in your future projects,Your Employer Branding Team

Insights into DHL

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

multi cultural mosaic

good to have different people from different countries. Learned how to do ticketing & labeling properly. management is very good.during the lunch time having fun.

I was only a student trainne

• Working hard to meet all weekly targets set by supervisors • Ensuring packaging and dispatch of stock was conducted on time • Keeping and maintaining accurate stock records • Assisting with monthly stock taking

Pros

Everything was good. it was a part time job.

good environment to work

Management is very good. I learned how use the scanners. most enjoyable part is when you have picking orders in the locations.

Probably the worst company I have ever worked for

DHL Canada is a complete mess- as the biggest logistics company in the world you sure could not tell by working for the Canadain operations. Supervisors are horrible, and if a good one is hired they move on pretty quick. Just don't even bother!

Fast paced and Hard work.

A great company to be with, although it's only Part-time; it is PERMANENT Part-time once you have a Position within the Warehouse itself. Guaranteed Weekly Hours, (Hours will never decrease, only increase if you take Extra work) and great Benefits after 3 Months of Probation. A fast paced work environment from offloading to sorting the Lines within the warehouse with various cargo brought in from the Planes. This is a hard working environment as well, but time goes by fast, as you're constantly doing something. There's no waiting around. Overall great environment to be around, great Co-workers, great Management (Who are also very understanding and kind!), and the Job Security is great due to the fact that you're unionized.

Pros

The Pay, the People, the Management, Short Shifts that you can work around During your Day

Cons

Short Shifts, Part-time Positions

warehouse

split shift dividing parcels for delivery unloading trucks. management was not the greatest but i made do. most of my coworkers were good the hardest part of the job was trying to divide the parcels and figure out which route the parcels went to

Considerablly good place to work

Fast paced working shift, fun working culture and environment. Work load depend on seasons and festivals, very careful on safety and hazard goods training.

good place

i drive cherry picker and do lot of order picking or to replens or sometime to help in inventory.........................and sometimes loading

exel work environment was like a home

i learned a lot of things from exel logistics .it was great environment for all people working their who came from different communities

interesting to learn how a courier company works

Waiting for the trucks to come in from Calgary, Winnipeg and Edmonton, was always fun.Testing yourself against the clock for unloading a truck became the real challenge.

Pros

The learning curve was intense but enjoyable

Cons

some of the other people you came into contact with could leave a bad taste in your mouth.

friendly atmophere

Rotatting shift warehouse work. I had a chance to learn more computer skills, friendly atmosphere. You need to be very consantrate of details.

great wages

no advancement opportunities in my branch, with my education I am better suited elsewhere

Pros

good money

Cons

Great place to work with great benefits

There were times when I had to work hard especially when the trucks came from the Toronto depot and needed to be unloaded. Other than that it was a good job.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

limited hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement