DHL

Operations Supervisor16 reviews
Canada16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,734 reviews
exelcanadawarehousesupervisorpackageexpressshiftsafety

I Started as a warehouse worker advanced to driver and then finally Supervisor.

I worked there from 2003 to 2007. It was the first job that I really enjoyed working at. I Started as a warehouse worker advanced to driver and then finally Supervisor.

Pros

Cons

Hard work but we got paid well.

23 October 2021
Hello,Thanks a bunch for your review, but also for putting emphasis on how DHL prioritizes safety and development of its employees. We sincerely appreciate being recognized for these traits and this is why we also put a lot of effort in them.Being able to work in a safe environment with ample room to grow both on a personal and a professional level is our goal for every employee.Thank you for all the hard work you have done for us!We wish you all the best in your future endeavors,Your DHL Team

Zero support and zero appreciation

Double standards between day shift and night shift when it comes to Supervisors being held accountable. Expected to come in on days off or stay after shift to attend "events" and training. Management schedules mandatory meetings during "rest period" of night shift Supervisors. No support from direct Manager for daily operations (comes in late, no information given to Supervisors, no follow up on issues/concerns, does not resolve any issues with other departments, hides in office all shift).

Pros

Salary, lot's of events for frontline employees

Cons

No management support, extra hours expected outside of scheduled shift (with no pay), union runs the business instead of the company running the business

28 October 2022
Hello,Thank you for taking the time to share these valuable comments about your experience as Operations Supervisor in Mount Hope. We regret that this has been your case.We aim to foster a leadership culture based on attributes, where employees at all levels can make a difference to promote a supportive and collaborative environment. Leaders are measured not only by the result of their teams but also by the satisfaction of their employees and in this regard, we encourage our colleagues to reach out to HR colleagues or senior leaders to raise attention over these critical issues.Thank you for recognizing our fair and strong compensation. This is the base for a fruitful employee-employer relation.Take good care and good luck in your next career steps.Your DHL Team

Insights into DHL

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Zero Training, Unrealistic Expectations, Toxic Work Environment

Upper management doesn’t provide training to any supervisors. The expectation is that you learn on the fly, which is hilarious because the expectations are so unrealistic from the beginning. Certain areas have more qualified employees than others which causes errors in the sorting process and puts unnecessary pressure and responsibility on the supervisors/team leaders. Management doesn’t seem to want to address the problem. Supervisors on multiple shifts contribute to a toxic workplace environment by negatively commenting on coworkers, and PM/AM Shift Managers fail to address the issue or respond to employees when they raise the issue. The company operates in an “escalation” system where issues are sent to direct reports of employees to ensure “discipline” is handed out. Facility Manager expects supervisors to attend meetings during the day regardless of their shift, which contributes to burnout of employees. DHL as a corporation responds to these reviews in a positive manner in order to save face, which I’m sure you will see below. For a company that is so big on mottos they sure didn’t get it “right the first time”. Always have a backup plan ready to go when working as a salaried employee for DHL, they will terminate you at any time without cause at their discretion.

Benefits

Cons

Too many to list, read the review

25 March 2022
Hello, Thanks very much for sharing your feedback with us through this review. In DHL we strive to provide our employees the best conditions and remuneration to make them feel valued with us. We comply with all applicable local laws regarding working hours such as overtime, rest breaks, and paid vacation. Whenever these or any other guidelines or policies are violated, we encourage our employees to reach out to their senior leaders or local HR teams so this can be investigated. We sincerely apologize for the unfair treatment you received, and we will strive to do better in the future by ensuring that all employees have a route for escalation when something isn't right. We wish you all the best in the future and thank you for your efforts.Best wishes,Your DHL Team

Great environment

Family setting with staff, easy going environment. Love working for DHL and all the ethnic backgrounds. I am just looking for something different and to spread my wings.

26 January 2022
Dear colleague, What a delight to receive your 5 star review! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with such nice feedback. We put great emphasis on the fact that our employees feel comfortable in their working environment. Therefore we are very pleased about your positive evaluation. We are always willing to offer our employees opportunities of development within the company. We therefore want to support our employees to the best of our ability and develop their skills. To this end, we offer a range of further training opportunities that are geared to the tasks of our employees and which help them to improve in their current function. We also have talent programs for employees who want to prepare for the next step in their careers. In principle, all opportunities for professional advancement are open to career changers like you. Therefore, we would like to recommend that you stay in contact with your superiors in order to sound out opportunities for your professional development. Your efforts in the improvement activities and providing feedback are highly appreciated! We wish you all the best for the future. Your DHL Team

Fine place to work

challenging and rewarding. constantly busy. Good training and opportunities to move up. Management and staff had a strained relationship due to the unions interference. I would recommend this place for anyone who wants it.

Excellent place to work

I have been working with DHL for more tan 10+ years at different sites. Great working conditions, safer workplaces, enjoy to work with DHL. All the sites have different but respectful culture, wide variety of people work here.

Nice Clean workplace

One of the best work forces, management needs work. The supply the workers with confidence and strive to be better at what they do. Very positive work environment

Productive & efficient work environment

I am very flexible in terms of schedule. I'm very willing to extend my time if required by the situations. I learned a lot to be flexible in all level of personality, different work environment, different demands of work attitude & principles. I learned to be fair in all judgement & be helpful to share your knowledge to improve the skills of your staff. I have learned to adapt the work environment & culture swiftly. Any workplace there is always a hard & good times. That's always a great challenge but when you able to train, coach, & nurture your people nothing impossible that you will surpassed every problem & issues.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Perfect enviroment to develop skillsets

Awesome place to work for. Centric culture allows you to develop and grow within the company They develop people from within 1. Growth: We give our employees a diverse range of opportunities to develop professionally and personally. 2. Impact: We empower our employees to contribute their ideas and skills and influence the success of the company. 3. Pride: We give our employees the opportunity to be a part of an organization that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.

Good multi-national organization, a good place to work if you are willing to relocate every now and then.

Always something new. Employees are given the opportunity to move up. Go, go, go normal for a courier company culture. Dealing with people is hardest and at same time the most rewarding.

good place to work

Would return there to work. Great people and environment to work. This was a very interesting and challenging place to work, each day was filled with new teachings.

Multi sites - with opportunity

Exel is the global leader in 3PL and has many sites across the continent. If you are looking for the ability to stay with one company but work with different industries this may be the place for you. The people and culture though for me is what makes it work.

Pros

People count

Cons

Can get lost in the herd

operations management, dispatch, collections, customer servuce, aircraft operations

105 employee crew including drivers, warehouse, back office under my team of 2 supervisors and one manager. All aspects of warehouse operation Union and non union environment Designated Trainer in Warehouse, dangerous good, aircraft operations, screening and xray Driver dispatch Time restraints and aircraft ops would be the hardest part but also the most exciting parts of the job. Excellent team and crew.

Pros

Excellent team and people

Efficient and Powerful Company

Exel is a world leader in the 3PL business sector, delivery effective and efficient solutions for the clients. Exel also delivers competitive wages and salary benifits. Working at Exel provides great life experiences and great coaching and mentoring experiences.

Safe and friendly work environment

• Deliver a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for all associates • Plan and execute daily labor plan • Ensure the associates have proper access to the necessary tools to perform their assigned duties and that the tools are routinely maintained • Prioritize workloads to ensure completion and meet customer expectation • Monitor all appropriate reports for smooth flow of operations • Understand process performance versus target objectives, identify reasons for variance, communicate and implement necessary changes • Maintain positive client relations with on-site clients • Ensure daily and weekly productivity and targets are met or exceeded • Conduct daily walkthroughs to ensure efficient work methods are applied • Preparing weekly / monthly productivity reports thus providing performance counseling for hourly associates • Inspire, develop and maintain a cross-training program to optimize associate performance • Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced • Collaborate with internal customers to facilitate strong working relationships • Executing and maintaining attendance and behavioral corrective actions for hourly associates

Efficient work place in a high paced environment

The Supervisor provides “hands-on” proactive management of the employees engaged in the daily pick-up, handling and delivery of packages and freight, within prescribed standards of cost, efficiency, accuracy and on-time distribution. Implements new procedures to improve operational effectiveness and provides performance reports for management as required. Acts as a proactive member of the Sales resource team in the provision of Customer service solutions.

Pros

every day has something new and exciting

Cons

some days could be repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement