DHL Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Best place to work
Customs customer service agent, (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Bergamo, Lombardia27 June 2018
Great work philosophy, great team job, good salary, good environment and great possibility to grow up! I miss that place every day! hope to go back soon.
This company is amazing.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gaza strip19 June 2018
The work place in Gaza strip was amazing, my employer knew that I was still a high school student but they trusted me to talk to customers and help them know more about the company. It was a great experience for sure.
Marketing
Customer Service and Pricing Analysis specialist (Former Employee) –  Taiwan17 June 2018
It has good marketing group and glad to spend cost on sale training.
Because it is a worldwide company so you can meet many different technical employees when you attend the international meeting.
Nice place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nassau16 May 2018
I learned how to be a team player, having excellent communication skills, how to multitask in a fast paced environment, I had to pay attention to details and have excellent customer service.
horrible work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2018
as a part of the seasonal team brought in for the peak season, training was rushed and condensed into 2 weeks when all other full time employees got 4-5 weeks of training. The trainer was mean and management was cold and condescending to our group.
Working at DHL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2018
I believe that DHL is an amazing company. They treat their employees amazing and they make sure that everyone is heard and you feel comfortable. Although some of the clients on the phone can be incredibly annoying, the overall work experience is a good one.
Shipping freight domestically and internationally
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2018
- Answering customer calls, tracing lost packages.
- Hardest part of the job, relaying bad news to customers.
- Most enjoyable, assisting customers will requests. Made everyday different.
No longer a fun place to work as it was up to 6 years ago and prior.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2018
New management and poor systems implementation has destroyed what use to be a friendly, lively and dynamic place to work. Now most employees click and clock out knowing that they are just numbers. Many have no confidence in management.
Pros
Good annual bonus
Cons
No loyalty
Always promoting with company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 March 2017
Don't have much to say as I was only on a 1yr contract

very nice company staff was very friendly

Good company to move up in

They recognize all culture

Benefits great and bonus
Pros
Free lunch
Fun enviorment
Trace Agent, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2016
Good management. Very caring about the staff
Great place for a person to learn about the working environment
Good incentives for employees which helps the compmnay be successful
Do not apply to this company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2016
DHL express in Brampton presents the impression to their employees that they are professional and care but don't be fooled. The issue begins with their inconsistent and incompetent trainer and management who instead of providing proper answer leave you if you are having an issue with a customer to sink or swim. The sad things they know they have inconsitent training but do nothing to fix it. When you are there you are just a number. Dont be fooledby how much money they have generated you wouldnt believe the unprofessional and gross short cuts the take that hurts the employee and customerTheir management is so unprofessional alot of micromanagement and they are, management, really good liars convincing you that you ve done a great job but turn around and blame you for things out of your control. If you're considering to apply for this run for the hills . Note there was a last review on this site that said the same thing but since I have worked here everything about them being unprofessional is true
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
The peers and management were good to work with in collections
Collection Clerk, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2015
Down sizing forced me into customer service having the public call in and verbally abuse you constantly every day. I looked for and found a position myself that appealed to me.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
10 - 6pm
Agréable
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2015
Bien, motivant, confortable, good earn, it gave us health insurance, they motivate worker too....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
there is not natural advantage
Valuable work experience gained here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2015
I learned a lot. Made many good friends. The company had faith in me as someone who was capable of more. I was given responsibilities and training to feel comfortable and succeed. It was sad when the contract we were working on was lost but the life-long positives were immeasurable.
Pros
positive, management
Cons
pay increases could have been higher
At DHL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2014
DHL taught me how crucial professionalism in customer service reflects on a company. I was fortunate to be in a position that allowed me to communicate to people from all positions from cashiers to executive members. It grounded me to the person that I am today who enjoys working with people. It also enhanced my skills exceedingly.
not a bad place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC19 October 2014
not a bad place to work, great people to work with and easy going environment
Nice people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 July 2014
A typical day at work would be on the phone's assisting the customer's with their needs. I would input their orders and deliveries into the system and follow up with any customer's that needed further information which the front lines representatives did not have at the time of the original call.
The Manager's here were okay to work with. I have worked at a few different companies and I have to say that the management was the best.
The hardest part of my job were the hours, as I was not able to spend time with my small daughter.
The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with customer's on the phone.
Pros
The job was only 20 mins from my home
Cons
Management and Shift
Great place to work but lacking staff appreciation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, On13 May 2014
A typical day at work for me involved answering over 60 inbound phone calls in a shift. I assisted customers with tracking their package and finding delivery solutions that worked best for them. I also helped to resovle any delivery issues and replied to general customer inquiries by email and telephone. I helped to created new and everlasting account customers to help generate revenue for the company. I learned all the many things that happen from the time you order your package to how it ends up at your front door as well as new customer service skills. My co- workers were all quite nice and extremely helpful. Management was a bit of a disappointment because they did not recognize all of the hard work we did on a daily basis. As well there was no employee appreciation. The hardest part of the job would be to listen to a customer tell you they urgently require their package within the same day and not being able to always get it to them on the same day. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be having great and memorable conversations with customers.
Pros
Free lunch, 3 breaks in a 8 hours shift
Cons
Lack or morale
Great staff, great management team, excellent customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA12 March 2014
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth I started in scheduling then later cross trained to learn dispatch, receiving, and training new associates. My management team was one of the best to work with very positive motivating and knowledgeable. My co-workers and I worked well as a team and always met and exceeded our deadlines. The hardest part of the job was learning the delivery zones which later I created a sheet categorizing the zones to help with that learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for growth and interacting with great customers.
Pros
Exel offered a lot of opportunity for growth.
Cons
The Company moved back to Los Angeles county.
Long work days, sometimes 12 hrs but rewarding work.
Customer Service Rep/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 February 2014
My day started at 7:00 am, receiving containers and other trucks, created, verified and closed Inbound receipts. Received all trucks coming into and out the yard. Kept an updated carrier log.
Created and updated spreadsheets so that management could access needed info for all inbound loads. Took care of all inbound emails including research. Helped the outbound girl when needed.
Self taught this position since this is a fairly new establishment. Management changed often. Co-workers were great. We made a great team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was working with no management support and seeing staff coming and going. Enjoyed the long hard work with the co-workers and completed the day with all chores finished.. It felt great!
This was a contract job. My employer was Randstad.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Long hours caused no time for the gym

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K