DHL Employee Reviews

The work there is good and the management is good too
Selector (Former Employee) –  Steelees Avuenue at Hereford Road Brampton6 April 2018
The work is seasonal for most of the time as it depends on Canadian festivals management states its daily tasks and expectations too but little hard sometimes although the management is not very tough on them and it is a good company with good infrastructure.
Cons
Nothing as such
Lots of room to grow
Risk and Safety (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 March 2018
Excellent company to work for. The supervisors on site are fantastic. There is plenty of opportunity to grow within the company anywhere internationally. Hours vary depending on location from a morning shift to a fly in/out rotation
Cons
Hours
Good Place to work
CSR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 March 2018
I would work for this company again. They were good to their employees. Fun and dynamic environment. Learned a lot while I was there. I recommend the company.
horrible work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2018
as a part of the seasonal team brought in for the peak season, training was rushed and condensed into 2 weeks when all other full time employees got 4-5 weeks of training. The trainer was mean and management was cold and condescending to our group.
First time working under a boss I hated
Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2018
Each day starts with a team meeting that accomplishes nothing at all and basically is an opportunity for the manager to get his ego stroked by victimizing or bullying his employees and making jokes that are simply tasteless. He doesn't want you to advance and if you do its all because of him and you don't want to out shine your boss in any way because he is insecure and does not know how to make the people around him better. He will call you randomly to his office just to try to shake you down and put you in a precarious situation. The only part of the job that was enjoyable would be the co-workers as we were all recent grads and had similar interests.
Pros
Lots of young co-workers
Cons
Terrible managers
Productive work place with new and maintained facilty and proper trianning and instructions
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton,Mississauga11 March 2018
A good place to work and a good human relationship between trainers and trainee and supervisor and trainee at the location.Ideal and new facilities for lunchroom and washroom and security time maintenance.
A dynamic and evolving culture
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2018
One of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure to work with from upper management to union co-workers the culture at DHL is a can-do attitude.
Pros
Cons
Not enough opportunity yet, but still growing
Deceitful, and backwards
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Ontario27 February 2018
Offered a full time permanent position which turned out to be a part time on call casual position after the Christmas rush.

Severe lack of training. Equipment given to complete tasks are all in terrible condition. This includes vehicles, scanners, and even the uniforms they give you are the wrong sizes.

Management are constantly looking for reasons to dismiss staff.

Pay is good, but good luck getting into a position where you are able to get on the benefits program! Such positions just don't exist. Not to mention the fact that if you should happen to be working longer than expected hours, they will cite you for it. Dedication is not appreciated. In fact, it is frowned upon.

ALL staff and non-management members despise working there with a passion. Lead hands couldn't organise a drinking party in a brewery.

Unionized environment, and by that I mean that you have union fees deducted from your pay every cheque. However, if they have to do anything for you, forget about it. Worst representation ever!
Pros
You get to collect Esso extra points!
Cons
Corporate culture does not exist.
it was work
General Help-Data entry-aft (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2018
honestly it was a place I went to just to work, didn't socialize cause the other workers and management would rarely speak to me, nor would they give direction to others in English. instead I stood there a large number of times in sure of what was happening at my work
Pros
small work force, pretty easy work
Cons
cummuncation is subpare, short hours/late nights, borning
Good Place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2018
Nice environment clean. Management is ok. No huge complaints. There is a separation between hourly associates and salary. Not always on the same page.
Working at DHL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2018
I believe that DHL is an amazing company. They treat their employees amazing and they make sure that everyone is heard and you feel comfortable. Although some of the clients on the phone can be incredibly annoying, the overall work experience is a good one.
Shipping freight domestically and internationally
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2018
- Answering customer calls, tracing lost packages.
- Hardest part of the job, relaying bad news to customers.
- Most enjoyable, assisting customers will requests. Made everyday different.
Good company
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2018
Learned how to deal with customers for a strong shipping company. people were fun to work with. Customers were tough but can be very nice once in a while
great company
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this company and learned a great deal.

My knowledge for the shipping industry was amazing and I did gain a vast amount of knowledge
Operations are questionable.
Packer/Locater (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2017
They have been bought out by Bass Pro Shop. The system is incapable of handling the volume. The operation is severely flawed. As I am on contract, I have nothing to say about job security.
Pros
Most people are professional and helpful
Cons
Everybody wants to play boss. Management is questionable.
Fun, flexible and dynamic
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Gemeente Heemskerk30 November 2017
Working at DHL is fun if you don't want to be tied down in an office. You just drive around and deliver packages and meet a lot of people. But if all the packages you deliver aren't of any weight, you won't be earning that much.
Pros
flexible and dynamic
Cons
low salary
Fast passed job
Leadhand/warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 November 2017
fast passed job with a relatively heavy work load. Shift work which includes night shift and weekends. Lots of computer work and forklift/order picking. Must be able to lift at least 50 lb. Mostly indoor work in a comfortable environment.
great job i miss working there.
Warehouse/marker-sorter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2017
I worked for loomis/dhl for over 12 year. I was good at my job. I should never have left. I would recommend anyone to apply for employment there. Great place to work.
Pros
great job. great pay. good benefits.
Cons
sometimes it's cold unloading trailers
it’s very professional and a very fun place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2017
It is a very professional place and it’s a fun work place. It takes a lot of skills to work because it is very fast and it is heavy. I had to stop working for DHL because it is a 9AM -6PM job and i am in school from 8:15AM - 2:15 PM
Pros
Lunch at Any time as long as you get the job done
Cons
Long but flexible hours
Huge organization.
Trade Lane Manager France (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC2 November 2017
Successful organization that is now run by share holders that are only looking at revenue figures and are not considering the employees. Size of companies does have an impact in our business. unfortunately what was an asset in the past is not nowadays. Market/mentality have change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K