DHL Employee Reviews

Found 282 reviews matching the search See all 12,754 reviews
Labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Airport14 December 2018
Worked at Hamilton Airport as a temp, i'm 60 years old, put the young guys sorting envelopes etc, I had to unload the cans. Asked for a lighter job because of my age.After 2 weeks couldn't handle my neck pain but i wouldn't quit.. 99% of my fellow workers were great. One boss was very angry, and saw him fly off the handle more than once. he snapped on me and that was it i was done.Besides him, i think it's a good place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Never sure how long a shift was going to last.
Job was fine, office politics the worst
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 December 2018
Co-workers all talk about eachother behind your back. The shifts are brutal even though the work itself is easy. Some of the most miserable people you have ever known.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Co-workers are terrible people
Company is growing and Management is beginning to learn how to work
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
The company is growing in Canada, but the management needs to have training on coaching, mentoring and leading.
Today, the company are growing, but management and business intelligence, must work together .
Pros
team
Cons
management
Teamwork!
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Brussels airport18 October 2018
Great international employer with good infrastructure.
The culture between collegues here was experienced as awesome here by me as workers from all different countries work together, share the food if somebldy forgot theirs,...
Adavancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  mississauga, ontario15 October 2018
Although enjoyed time at DHL, there was no room for advancement in department. Lots of people take advantage of the sick time due to fact the leave team leaders unable to either develop or get rid of said types offenders
Bad job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 October 2018
Horrible place to work. Bad management. One of the worse places I've ever worked and trust me I've worked some pretty bad jobs. As long as you know how to give head you will get ahead there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Favouritism
Decent pay but terrible management
Shipper/Reciever (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 October 2018
Terrible place to work. Pay was good and some friendly folks around but overall management treated everyone like they were expendable and rarely had anything positive to say.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor morale
Great company
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 October 2018
Was a great company to work for, Over all the only down fall was the others of operation. the other employees where a joy to work with and we always had a blast.
Great Place to satart
Senior Account Executive Ecommerce (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
DHL is a great place to start your career. They provide training and exposure to many sales processes and systems. Unfortuanatly there is not that much room for advancement unless you are willing to travel internationally.
Pros
international company
Cons
too many internal systems that do not communicate with each other
Great people to work ith
Head of Business Controlling (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2018
Company does not usually promote from within. Opportunities are available but the company prefers to bring in people from out of country. This is discouraging
No future for DHLGF in Windsor
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 August 2018
They closed our office in Windsor. We worked in customs brokerage and Windsor is the the busiest port in Canada. In the transition we lost valued clients that had been with us for years.
Pros
gift cards for working hard.
Cons
Bad management
Working at DHL
Packing, Inventory Counting, Water Stider (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 August 2018
Work was good on a daily basis in terms of making food trays and pallets. Tasks were simple to follow and informative for learning essential workplace skills. During the end of the year, I found corrugate counting the most enjoyable.
Pros
Kind co-workers
Cons
Repetitive Tasks
Fun and good people
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB18 August 2018
My experience with DHL is pretty fair . People are great, company seems good but the wages and advancement need work ! The software system has many buggs but not a bad system over all.
Correct work place with engaged an on the floor managemet and supervison
Battery Control (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC5 August 2018
Good place with space to grow, gives oppotunities to all kind of employees and open doors for growing in company. Rigid with hour, good advantages in insurance, trainning for certain positions, but many times limitedto the basics. Result oriented and pusshing to some activies, in general correct co-workers, supervisors and managing staff.
Pros
Extra time from june to november, coffe and dougnought for saturday extra time, internal mobility, internal trainning
Cons
Mandatorial supplementary hours
Overall a great company to work for!
LCL Pricing Specialist - Ocean Commercial Capacity (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
Not much room for advancement but still a great place to work! Good benefits and average pay. Lot of politics within the organization however if you focus on your job tasks, you will be okay and can be productive.
Best place to work
Customs customer service agent, (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Bergamo, Lombardia27 June 2018
Great work philosophy, great team job, good salary, good environment and great possibility to grow up! I miss that place every day! hope to go back soon.
work
postman (Former Employee) –  BC27 June 2018
If you work there, you have a lot of things to do. It is never boring and sometimes very stressful. But you although have the chance to meet new people and make peoples day happier.
This company is amazing.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gaza strip19 June 2018
The work place in Gaza strip was amazing, my employer knew that I was still a high school student but they trusted me to talk to customers and help them know more about the company. It was a great experience for sure.
Marketing
Customer Service and Pricing Analysis specialist (Former Employee) –  Taiwan17 June 2018
It has good marketing group and glad to spend cost on sale training.
Because it is a worldwide company so you can meet many different technical employees when you attend the international meeting.
Productive and very good enviroment for working
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC11 June 2018
good morning to all

A typical work for me was that I started at 7 am, I would check all of my Pars and see what merchandise was checked in the warehouse and I would request the pars and once released from Canada customs I would arrange my deliveries. Then I would make sure that all my runs where ready for the morning and all trucks where loaded properly with correct merchandise.
After all of the morning and afternoon deliveries would be dispatched I would organize the runs to the airlines for my driver to pick-up in various warehouses. Then when the merchandise would be brought back to the warehouse it would be broken down and I would make sure that the manifest corresponded to the merchandise once that was done if there would be a pars to be requested I would submit it. Then I would generate the advice notes.
Every ½ the RNS system would be checked if there is anything that is released and dispatch the freight. Before dispatching the freight made sure that the address was correct and there was no special request for the delivery (tailgate, flatbed, appointments, hand bombing) and made sure that the pricing was correct for each delivery.
Then during the day would be doing customer service, answering phone calls etc.
Then I would start my billing Bombardier and Pratt Whitney billing I had 24 hrs frame to do this billing.
Then I would generate the evening runs for the pickups at the airlines for the night shift.
And made sure that the runs would be ready for the morning after.
very good work enviroment
Pros
very good work enviroment
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K