DHL Employee Reviews

Found 283 reviews matching the search See all 13,620 reviews
it's a great experience i got it
Storekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tartous10 March 2019
I had a great experience instead of having a big salary but gave the ability to take responsibility.. i made a nice effect from my managers because i was serious and committed
great place
Picker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 March 2019
the hardest was the double pallet jack too hard to manuever
the management was great to work for
the employees were really friendly
they pay for your breaks but the downfall is you could not leave the building
Very productive work environment
Call Center representative - Contract (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 February 2019
Positive and great team of employees. Had fun helping out during the busy holiday season on contract basis.

Will absolutely love to work for DHL in the future.
Pros
Free lunches, coffee/beverages/tea
Cons
Non
Flexible company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2019
I thought it was a great place to work, but as a relief driver, hours are minimal. Room for advancement available. Easy to get in with owner/operators
Fun work place gain alot of knowledge
Network Trace Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston19 January 2019
My time has been rewarding and challenging. I have matured and gained a wide range of knowledge that will help me in my future endeavours and allow me to make wiser decisions as I move forward in life.
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
Always having meetings after work
Labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Airport14 December 2018
Worked at Hamilton Airport as a temp, i'm 60 years old, put the young guys sorting envelopes etc, I had to unload the cans. Asked for a lighter job because of my age.After 2 weeks couldn't handle my neck pain but i wouldn't quit.. 99% of my fellow workers were great. One boss was very angry, and saw him fly off the handle more than once. he snapped on me and that was it i was done.Besides him, i think it's a good place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Never sure how long a shift was going to last.
Job was fine, office politics the worst
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 December 2018
Co-workers all talk about eachother behind your back. The shifts are brutal even though the work itself is easy. Some of the most miserable people you have ever known.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Co-workers are terrible people
great place to work
unloader (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON12 November 2018
Working for DHL was a great experience. The benefits were good. After you put in your time, opportunities follow. It kept me in great shape .Met a lot of nice people. I liked the leadership that I worked under.
Pros
benifits
Cons
cold in winter
learned a lot in my initial days of my career
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Delhi29 October 2018
This was my first organisation whom I have worked with. organisation who takes care of their employeers very well. I was glad to be part of such prestigious organisation.
Company is growing and Management is beginning to learn how to work
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
The company is growing in Canada, but the management needs to have training on coaching, mentoring and leading.
Today, the company are growing, but management and business intelligence, must work together .
Pros
team
Cons
management
Teamwork!
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Brussels airport18 October 2018
Great international employer with good infrastructure.
The culture between collegues here was experienced as awesome here by me as workers from all different countries work together, share the food if somebldy forgot theirs,...
Adavancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  mississauga, ontario15 October 2018
Although enjoyed time at DHL, there was no room for advancement in department. Lots of people take advantage of the sick time due to fact the leave team leaders unable to either develop or get rid of said types offenders
Bad job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 October 2018
Horrible place to work. Bad management. One of the worse places I've ever worked and trust me I've worked some pretty bad jobs. As long as you know how to give head you will get ahead there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Favouritism
Decent pay but terrible management
Shipper/Reciever (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 October 2018
Terrible place to work. Pay was good and some friendly folks around but overall management treated everyone like they were expendable and rarely had anything positive to say.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor morale
Great company
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 October 2018
Was a great company to work for, Over all the only down fall was the others of operation. the other employees where a joy to work with and we always had a blast.
Great Place to satart
Senior Account Executive Ecommerce (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
DHL is a great place to start your career. They provide training and exposure to many sales processes and systems. Unfortuanatly there is not that much room for advancement unless you are willing to travel internationally.
Pros
international company
Cons
too many internal systems that do not communicate with each other
Great people to work ith
Head of Business Controlling (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2018
Company does not usually promote from within. Opportunities are available but the company prefers to bring in people from out of country. This is discouraging
No future for DHLGF in Windsor
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 August 2018
They closed our office in Windsor. We worked in customs brokerage and Windsor is the the busiest port in Canada. In the transition we lost valued clients that had been with us for years.
Pros
gift cards for working hard.
Cons
Bad management
Not recommended
Module Operator (Former Employee) –  Upper 224 August 2018
You might find 1 or 2 employees you can work with but other then that management was useless and couldn't care less about about your opinion. You were just a tool. I worked in upper 2 were i got along with everybody but the supervisor favored the one person who was disrupting the mod and got all upset when we went above after complaining for 2 weeks just to have OM push it back down to the supervisor. Also pay sucked you do not make enough. i made around 20k a year and im still well below the poverty line. Also 1st and 2nd shift were contently at war with each other.
Pros
Paid lunch, Benefits
Cons
Narrow views, Poor and useless management, Pay
Working at DHL
Packing, Inventory Counting, Water Stider (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 August 2018
Work was good on a daily basis in terms of making food trays and pallets. Tasks were simple to follow and informative for learning essential workplace skills. During the end of the year, I found corrugate counting the most enjoyable.
Pros
Kind co-workers
Cons
Repetitive Tasks