DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Found 92 reviews matching the search See all 1,325 reviews
fun
FORKLIFT OPERATOR AND RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2015
working here I learnt a lot about different types of jobs and how it works in the warehouse industry . I aprricate the out come for about 3 years
Pros
free bbq
Cons
Schenker is a dominant leader in its industry and it’s never ending learning process
Customs Coordinator and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2015
Fast pace work place, with tight deadlines. The nature of the job description allows you to gain diverse skills, such as perfect organization, working under presser, excellent customer service, working in a team. Gaining broad international trade experience, as this is very unique in the business niche, with hands-on and in theory customs and logistics requirements, laws and procedures. I obtained professional certification and becoming Certified Customs Specialist. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day and there was always something new to learn.
DB Schenker as global transport- and logistics provider and socially responsible employer
order assembly and dispatch of goods (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
Excellent company to work with and is very good for the students .Most work is the unpacking of the cargoes. I work there on sundays .
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Onttario24 August 2015
friendly environment. WOnderful an fair employees, Offers wide variety of progress throughout the company. Many ways to expand within the company
Great for hours but only do-able as a temporary job
Production Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 July 2015
A typical day at work involved standing on the product line and packaging products like; moisturizers, lunch bags etc.
The hardest part of the job was standing in one spot for a long duration of time, and keeping a steady pace as there was no time to slow down because the line always had more products coming out.
productive and enjoy working
Leadhand (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 July 2015
-busy everyday at work
-enjoy working with my co-workers
-I learned every aspect of the warehouse
-I learned office work
-I'm having a good time working everyday
Established company going through leadership challenges
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2015
I enjoyed my time at DB Schenker. First class benefit programs, really care for their employees. Unfortunately, they lack skilled management in certain areas, which has lead to large employee turnover.
A typical day would include a quick operations overview from the previous supervisor, then reviewing the expected volumes for the shift, and determining resources required to accomplish the set targets.
After shift briefing with employees, make sure everyone had all required equipment to complete their tasks, and move into any training that was required. Periodically, inspect out bound work for accuracy and balance.
My employees were the best part of the job. Doing whatever I could to make their lives better, was important to me.
Pros
Paid breaks.
Cons
Refridgerated, and freezer work environment.
Fast-paced and good job security
Team Lead - Booking Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2015
Many files or documents are digitalized to elimite the necessity of hard copies. Team work bewteen many branch offices and overseas.
awww...
order picker/ loader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2014
it's too laid back...and low paid...i have been there 2yrs now...and receiving the same hourly wages...unions dues are collected every week from my pay...but i wouldn't be represented...because it takes 5yrs to be a part of the union...typical workday would be starting with a floor meeting....then fighting for a walkie or forklift and also RF scanner to start working
Cons
Very political, Schenker bought BAX and proceeded to dismantle it causing a lot of people to lose their jobs
Senior Director Intra America Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga28 October 2013
As Director of Air Operations my day started with a review of fleet operations, on time performance, and station updates. This was done through computer reports, messages and telephone interaction. There would be daily interaction with Customers, primarily Executive accounts on joint calls with Sales Executives. The afternoon and evening were focused on the outbound operation having the stations prepped to cover any issues that arose.
The best part of the position was no day was the same. Whether it be dealing with the operational side, sales side or the financial side there was always something different.
Pros
variety of day to day work
Cons
politics
Productive workplace, worked with excel
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 June 2012
- Work would begin with a short meeting catching up with day shift, figuring out where they left off, so we knew where to begin. Would sort through inventory sent to us from various companies/stories process their returns and dispose with the returns in the proper manner
- Learned skills in excel, and custom OS program
- Management during afternoon was good checked in once a day
- Co-workers were cooperative and worked well in team
Pros
challenging new work everyday