DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Found 93 reviews matching the search See all 1,326 reviews
was an ok job with little room to grow
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
I worked at this place for 2 years as a temp even being required to work as a Lead Hand with no pay raise and no benefits as i was working through a temp agency while they gave me the run around when asking about getting hired on. The company brags about not owning any assets and massive profits each year but treats its workers like they dont matter
Pros
good hours
Cons
no room for growth
its a good job
Receiving (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC9 February 2018
i started working last year and i made nearly 1900 after taxes. but sometimes they only give 3 days a week, that is not good.
when ever a new person starts they give him a week of training because mostly all the work is uploaded by computer.
Pros
safety firts
Cons
sometimes its hot in the warehouse
Worst company to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC5 February 2018
Company encourages bullying, discrimination towards non Punjabi workers. The employees are all temporary worker non English speaking. Everyone is family and friends. None of them have certification to operate machinery. They lie, steal are lazy stand around talking all day. Managers like to watch and laugh.
Major Labour relations violations.
They fire anyone for nothing and if they can't fire you they make your life miserable.
Starts at the top manager down to the leads.
Other warehouses in the are find the staff disturbing.
Pros
Cons
They will shut down because of the descrimination towards non punjabi worker
Good
Order Picker and packing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2018
They shut down weekend shift for simple reason that is really unacceptable and unfair our shift guys worked extremely hard but this is how you pay respect ?
Good company
Customer Service Lead Ocean Import-Exports (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2018
Good company, but MTL branch is being abandoned lately. I hope management gave us an idea about where the company is heading now. We don't feel a lot of stability lately.
Pros
Nice co-workers.
Cons
Lack of leadership.
Excellent working environment
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 January 2018
Enjoyed working in excellent and challenging environment. Appointed as a team leader in 4 weeks. Also got hired permanently in 4 months. Enjoyed learning a lot from friendly management.
Horrible place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC9 January 2018
The Management team is so disconnected from what actually happens on the floor.

An Operations Supervisor and his Team Lead had all associates in their area petition for them to be fired 3x and not only did nothing happen, one is now promoted to a Flow manager position on afternoons and his team lead got promoted to an Operations Supervisor on top of the fact that they sleep together! Unreal.

No sense of pride working for such a dead end place. They move Supervisors on a whim, they verbally abuse their associates and most of the supervisors have no clue what to do as there is no real training offered. On top of the fact that its the worst warehouse in DB Schenker in Canada for MHE accidents, again, no training.

They have lost so many good people here due to their poor attitudes and the total disconnect to the reality of the building.

Many have been warned about working for this company and all the rumors are true. This facility has such a poor reputation, most East Indians in Surrey know all about it and refuse to work there!
Productive and Positive Invironment
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  St peters Mo30 December 2017
A typical work day for me is to come to work on time, follow instructions, work well and accordingly with co workers. One way I Iearn is doing hands on assignments. I work well with managements and instruct orders well. My work culture is field with diversity individuals. I don't have a hard part on the job because I take my time to comprehend and follow orders. The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting new people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not being able to finish assignment
enviornment is good
Data entry clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2017
Its great environment to work. I work as data entry clerk but I learn also have the ability to do customs clearances which I have the previous experiences in this field. I always look forward to learn new experience and like to keep growing myself.
Nil
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 October 2017
Nature of Job is good with light work and enthusiastic way. Shift timing change is crucial and employees in higher level are non linear. No consideration for leaves and very strict for sanction of leaves
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
Great place to work . Enjoyed working there . Staff friendly and helpful. Great Boss. Great Location Good Hours. Barbecues and free lunches and Great Christmas lunches.
long hours, no salary increase ever, favoritism all around
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2017
Management ratings here refer to the executives in Head Office who live great work life balance while delegating all the work to the operations folks who work long hours with no salary increase for 5+ years. Communication between head office and regional offices is laughable. Don't expect anything to get done quickly here or fairly. The employees themselves are great and work hard unfortunately without any appreciation shown to them. Turnover is extremely high. Get in to learn then get out quickly.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Everything else from long hours, salary, joke of executive team esp CEO and CFO
Productive and fun workplace
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
Fast paced, fun work environment with lots of opportunities to grow and learn. The Company has many departments so there is lots of room for you to grow and pick up new skills.
Pros
Fun events
Cons
depressing atmosphere and heavy amout of upper management
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 September 2017
Worked there for 5 years, with turn over of 4 different site managers and high turn over of supervisors. While the business was profitable it never did feel stable.
Pros
Pot luck lunches
Cons
no loyalty or appreciation of staff
Good environment for leaders
National Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2017
Very good company with wide variety of opportunities for talented employees with good work ethic. Encourage to think outside of the box, depending on the type of job you are at.
The review of the company was very good.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 August 2017
starting the work with security check if we are dressed properly, I should said the company has well organized company. the management is good, very helpful. ifs a mulitcultural company that has a great record of employment. its a great compnay for beginners or students. we get break on time that we dnt feel too much presure.we gets parties if its any1s birthday from your department.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
too many people
Machine operator
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 August 2017
Good work atmosphere. Management is friendly and easy to get along with. Company bbqs and dinners for Christmas and summer.
Left the company to pursue new oppurtunities in trades
Fun Place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON14 June 2017
Excellent, Would love to work here on a position which is more relevant to my previous experience. Excellent people an great fun and learning atmosphere
it is good to work there
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 May 2017
new things to learn
the hardest part of the job to arrange the things accordingly in very short span of time
workplace culture was good
it was fun to work there
Pros
Cons
lack of proper training
Nice place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 May 2017
Good hours avaliable and wokculture is also good. Safety is the first and all other things are afterwards. No pushing or overburden if the work is busy. The work is done safely.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Open hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.