DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 1,326 reviews
Busy place to work for
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2019
Fast paced environment doing billing for clients in the A/R dept. Nice lunchroom with fireplace. A tough place to work at because the management is very strict.
Pros
Nice lunchroom with fireplace
Cons
Bad management
good workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2019
We worked for the pan AM games to make sure that all product was sent out in a timely fashion. We got accustomed to having long days and worked in a fastpace environment
Pros
learned alot about forklift
Cons
It's a great environment for just starting out to gain experience.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2018
Most days are quite busy, the day passes very quickly, unsure about something, there are people willing to assist. Everyone for the most part is quite friendly. Learned more about the system in a dos base environment. The hardest part of the job is when you are unable to provide answers. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the people that I work with.
good
Customs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
it used to be a good company with strong management and professional workplace culture. Not a very hard moments at work, employees and management are good a friendly.
Pros
flexible work time
Cons
very low salary
Silo
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2018
This company doesn't train employees
The sales team is considered to be a problem with in the company.
The only time things get done is if you CC your manager and constantly escalate issues.
the company is so big that there are problems in every devision that due to turn over and lack of experience in the role the customers end up having to deal with billing issues and service issues with no direct feedback from company.
Excellent Company
Operations Supervisor - Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2018
My experience at DB Schenker was a good one due to the great people I had the pleasure of working with. There are plenty of warehouses available to work at.
great clean place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2018
big clean place to work.
management is good
good culture
people are knowledgeable
enjoyable part is operating the machines
typical work day goes by pretty good
Pros
place
Cons
not enough ppl
Are you German ?
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2018
Low stress work environment.

Unstable management unless you are German :)

Cheep company all maintenance work is done by unpaid interns.

Personally I was given a laptop with broken hard drive lower cost to replace the part than my daily salary still won't replace.
Pros
Low stress
enviornment is good
Data entry clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2017
Its great environment to work. I work as data entry clerk but I learn also have the ability to do customs clearances which I have the previous experiences in this field. I always look forward to learn new experience and like to keep growing myself.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
Great place to work . Enjoyed working there . Staff friendly and helpful. Great Boss. Great Location Good Hours. Barbecues and free lunches and Great Christmas lunches.
long hours, no salary increase ever, favoritism all around
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2017
Management ratings here refer to the executives in Head Office who live great work life balance while delegating all the work to the operations folks who work long hours with no salary increase for 5+ years. Communication between head office and regional offices is laughable. Don't expect anything to get done quickly here or fairly. The employees themselves are great and work hard unfortunately without any appreciation shown to them. Turnover is extremely high. Get in to learn then get out quickly.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Everything else from long hours, salary, joke of executive team esp CEO and CFO
Good environment for leaders
National Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2017
Very good company with wide variety of opportunities for talented employees with good work ethic. Encourage to think outside of the box, depending on the type of job you are at.
not a good place to work
Ground Freight (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
If you are in Senior Management then it is a great place to work.
If you are a lower employee there is no motivation to remain dedicated to your work unless this is in your nature (thankfully this is in mine). However, I have been employed here for 7 years and would never recommend this company to anyone.
Salary is not at market; bonus structure has no bearing on your performance - only the financials of the company.
the current senior management of the product level I work in does not feel like employee engagement is a value.

the company lacks communication and advancement of your career - even though they try to sell you on this.

our HR team is one of the worst of all the places I work. They are not approachable with issues; take the interest of the company at higher value than ensuring the employee's interest or issues are addressed.
More fun on that place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga17 January 2017
There is good staff.i like there better and I love my that job.i realy enjoyed my job.Morning shift is realy good. All employees were realy good and helpful for everyone.
Pros
Free lunch even on over time, breakfast etc
Cons
Nothing bad
One of the Best Places I've Worked!
Seasonal Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 July 2016
A great company to work for, highly reccommended, friendly management who are willing to help you learn and great opportunities for overtime
fun
FORKLIFT OPERATOR AND RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2015
working here I learnt a lot about different types of jobs and how it works in the warehouse industry . I aprricate the out come for about 3 years
Pros
free bbq
Cons
Schenker is a dominant leader in its industry and it’s never ending learning process
Customs Coordinator and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2015
Fast pace work place, with tight deadlines. The nature of the job description allows you to gain diverse skills, such as perfect organization, working under presser, excellent customer service, working in a team. Gaining broad international trade experience, as this is very unique in the business niche, with hands-on and in theory customs and logistics requirements, laws and procedures. I obtained professional certification and becoming Certified Customs Specialist. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day and there was always something new to learn.
DB Schenker as global transport- and logistics provider and socially responsible employer
order assembly and dispatch of goods (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
Excellent company to work with and is very good for the students .Most work is the unpacking of the cargoes. I work there on sundays .
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Onttario24 August 2015
friendly environment. WOnderful an fair employees, Offers wide variety of progress throughout the company. Many ways to expand within the company
Established company going through leadership challenges
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2015
I enjoyed my time at DB Schenker. First class benefit programs, really care for their employees. Unfortunately, they lack skilled management in certain areas, which has lead to large employee turnover.
A typical day would include a quick operations overview from the previous supervisor, then reviewing the expected volumes for the shift, and determining resources required to accomplish the set targets.
After shift briefing with employees, make sure everyone had all required equipment to complete their tasks, and move into any training that was required. Periodically, inspect out bound work for accuracy and balance.
My employees were the best part of the job. Doing whatever I could to make their lives better, was important to me.
Pros
Paid breaks.
Cons
Refridgerated, and freezer work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.