DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 1,060 reviews
Great teams of people that work hard and play hard.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2019
I have been working at Schenker for 19 plus years. It was challenging at the beginning but as time went on, with more practical and learning experiences, I was able to accomplish a lot more tasks than I could imagine. The works were repetitive but enjoyable. There were some major systems upgrades and changes that occurred every few years. Therefore, we always need to prepare for new changes and be adaptive to every new changes. Management is striving for more productive and improving the company in all areas. Our work culture is customer focus, team collaboration, positive atmosphere, and productive safe work environment. The hardest part of the job was when working with unreliable people that said one thing and did another. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the great team and feel connected.
Pros
Great people, large kitchen, job security, overall safe culture
Cons
Christmas holidays not long enough
Great environment to work in
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC9 November 2018
Amazing workplace, friendly employees, time goes by fast by working with great people. The management is really good very organized clean environment. Salary is good.
One of the worst warehouse in delta
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC28 December 2018
you start your day with a morning meeting and as soon as the day starts supervisors start abusing you verbally and if you dare stand up for yourself they make your life miserable and start watching you and playing their dirty tricks to get your fired. One of the biggest thing about this place is "favoritism" people become manager and supervisor overnight and the people that are promoted to Operation supervisor position can't even speak English which makes it really hard for employees to understand their role or duties for the day. people are often scared to ask what their supervisor is trying to say since they don't wanna embarrass the supervisor in front of the other employees. Working hard at this place never gets anyone promoted but if you know how to lick managements feet then you're on the right track to get promoted. " If you care about how you're treated at work then do yourself a favor and look for work somewhere else"
Pros
you have a job
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
Great place to work. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Great bosses. Salary is probably average, benefits are decent. A great place to get experience in logistics.
good
Customs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
it used to be a good company with strong management and professional workplace culture. Not a very hard moments at work, employees and management are good a friendly.
Pros
flexible work time
Cons
very low salary
Terrible
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 March 2018
Overall not a good company. Especially the Management.
They do not give raises and always loses good employee because of that reason.
They do not know what team worker is Especially the Management.
Work over load as they do have too many turn overs from Temps. and are always short workers.
They lose many accounts because again the Management Team.
No growth for the little hard working guy, unless your are a suck up!
Good Luck if you do not follow these reviews and stay away from this company.
Are you German ?
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2018
Low stress work environment.

Unstable management unless you are German :)

Cheep company all maintenance work is done by unpaid interns.

Personally I was given a laptop with broken hard drive lower cost to replace the part than my daily salary still won't replace.
Pros
Low stress
good workplace for learning team management
Top load (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC25 November 2018
Good management
i learned many skill like team work,punctuality. workplace culture is very good for me and i adjust myself according to our work culture Moreover worker are very lowel toward their works
Pros
more breakes
Cons
load is heavy
DB Schenker
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 January 2019
the time of work is good and the break time is paid. the workplace is clean and the people are good and bad with different attitude maybe because of our color and not thinking how we workhard just to help the company not to be beyond the orders.my job is not hard its easy but the supervisor itself doesn't even care that he hurts somebodys feelings and it is very personal to me.my most enjoyable part of the job is picking and I love my job
long hours, no salary increase ever, favoritism all around
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2017
Management ratings here refer to the executives in Head Office who live great work life balance while delegating all the work to the operations folks who work long hours with no salary increase for 5+ years. Communication between head office and regional offices is laughable. Don't expect anything to get done quickly here or fairly. The employees themselves are great and work hard unfortunately without any appreciation shown to them. Turnover is extremely high. Get in to learn then get out quickly.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Everything else from long hours, salary, joke of executive team esp CEO and CFO
Fast paced environment. Very demanding.
Senior Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2019
Very fast paced work environment.
Needing fast learners with experience in freight forwarding.
Overall, very dedicated staff and supportive managers.
Pros
very dedicated staff and supportive managers
Cons
Demanding and very heavy work load on a day to day basis
meh
Supervisor and area Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2019
if you have nothing better to do and feel like wasting your time walking around in circles while actually doing nothing productive, this will be the place for you.
Pros
zero expectation of production
Cons
you do have to occasionally show up
it was having very good friendly environment.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 December 2018
I really loved working at Db Schenker coz it was fun and easy and moreover I learned how to reach my daily targets and the timings were very good I worked in the afternoon shift but now because the afternoon shift has been dropped so I am no more at work.
No Comments
Gateway co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2018
Sorry I have no comments on this company as i an still working at this place for the last 13 years. would appreciate if you could refrain to ask/request such question. you are making candidate uncomfortable. .
not a good place to work
Ground Freight (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
If you are in Senior Management then it is a great place to work.
If you are a lower employee there is no motivation to remain dedicated to your work unless this is in your nature (thankfully this is in mine). However, I have been employed here for 7 years and would never recommend this company to anyone.
Salary is not at market; bonus structure has no bearing on your performance - only the financials of the company.
the current senior management of the product level I work in does not feel like employee engagement is a value.

the company lacks communication and advancement of your career - even though they try to sell you on this.

our HR team is one of the worst of all the places I work. They are not approachable with issues; take the interest of the company at higher value than ensuring the employee's interest or issues are addressed.
It's a great environment for just starting out to gain experience.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2018
Most days are quite busy, the day passes very quickly, unsure about something, there are people willing to assist. Everyone for the most part is quite friendly. Learned more about the system in a dos base environment. The hardest part of the job is when you are unable to provide answers. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the people that I work with.
Customers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2018
I've always felt that DB Schenker customers never got their full attention. They could have given more for what they charging per case. That is why they lost their biggest account UNILEVER
Not well managed
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 August 2018
I believe they need to manage more through people and not through just workload. They need to spend time to train staff to be able to do the job not trust previous work experience as there is a lot of gap in the processes.

More support from managers would help create a better flow in the warehouse and close the communication gaps.
Good hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2018
at db schenker, every hour that been spend was good and worthy. specially the working environment over there was good, friendly and liberal. was a great expereince over there.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
overtime
Horrible place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC9 January 2018
The Management team is so disconnected from what actually happens on the floor.

An Operations Supervisor and his Team Lead had all associates in their area petition for them to be fired 3x and not only did nothing happen, one is now promoted to a Flow manager position on afternoons and his team lead got promoted to an Operations Supervisor on top of the fact that they sleep together! Unreal.

No sense of pride working for such a dead end place. They move Supervisors on a whim, they verbally abuse their associates and most of the supervisors have no clue what to do as there is no real training offered. On top of the fact that its the worst warehouse in DB Schenker in Canada for MHE accidents, again, no training.

They have lost so many good people here due to their poor attitudes and the total disconnect to the reality of the building.

Many have been warned about working for this company and all the rumors are true. This facility has such a poor reputation, most East Indians in Surrey know all about it and refuse to work there!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.