DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Silo
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2018
This company doesn't train employees
The sales team is considered to be a problem with in the company.
The only time things get done is if you CC your manager and constantly escalate issues.
the company is so big that there are problems in every devision that due to turn over and lack of experience in the role the customers end up having to deal with billing issues and service issues with no direct feedback from company.
Do not recommend its staffing soloutions
Distributor/processer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 May 2018
overall experience was okay, however the agency was brutal. They're very strict and treat you as if, you're not worth anything. I personally, and others were very disappointed. I DO NOT RECOMMEND
Excellent working environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 May 2018
Good learning environment: helps me to learn many new things and skills like interactive, communication and decision making etc.
They provide us proper training and orientation to guide us about all parts of company.
Excellent Company
Operations Supervisor - Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2018
My experience at DB Schenker was a good one due to the great people I had the pleasure of working with. There are plenty of warehouses available to work at.
Are you German ?
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2018
Low stress work environment.

Unstable management unless you are German :)

Cheep company all maintenance work is done by unpaid interns.

Personally I was given a laptop with broken hard drive lower cost to replace the part than my daily salary still won't replace.
Pros
Low stress
Good global player
Vice President international Air Freight (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 April 2018
Transformation time makes this place an interesting one, the country you work in may be the decisive factor, overall we’ll balance company with good strength
Terrible
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 March 2018
Overall not a good company. Especially the Management.
They do not give raises and always loses good employee because of that reason.
They do not know what team worker is Especially the Management.
Work over load as they do have too many turn overs from Temps. and are always short workers.
They lose many accounts because again the Management Team.
No growth for the little hard working guy, unless your are a suck up!
Good Luck if you do not follow these reviews and stay away from this company.
The organisation’s culture was good but left it because of more hours of work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 March 2018
I learned great things working as a Warehouse associate and got really benefitted from the diversity of workers working there. Moreover, opportunities were great there.
Pros
Nearby
Productive and balanced company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  brampton13 March 2018
Workplace is very organised and it takes care of safety and health of each worker..
Supervisors :
ensure workers comply with the OHSA and its regulations
ensure any equipment, protective device or clothing required by the -employer is used or worn by workers
advise workers of any potential or actual health or safety dangers known by the supervisor
if prescribed, provide workers with written instructions about measures and procedures to be taken for the workers' protection
take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of workers
Reputable company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON4 March 2018
I was proud to work for Schenker Bolton location. Cool management,
friendly and professional team, competitive but fear relations. Schenker had many different location but only Bolton was the best of all other.
rigorous work place
Internship - Marketing Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Paris27 February 2018
It is a good company that people work there is very rigorous and hardworking. They are very care about environment and always try to be a sustainable develpment company.
its a good job
Receiving (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC9 February 2018
i started working last year and i made nearly 1900 after taxes. but sometimes they only give 3 days a week, that is not good.
when ever a new person starts they give him a week of training because mostly all the work is uploaded by computer.
Pros
safety firts
Cons
sometimes its hot in the warehouse
Worst company to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC5 February 2018
Company encourages bullying, discrimination towards non Punjabi workers. The employees are all temporary worker non English speaking. Everyone is family and friends. None of them have certification to operate machinery. They lie, steal are lazy stand around talking all day. Managers like to watch and laugh.
Major Labour relations violations.
They fire anyone for nothing and if they can't fire you they make your life miserable.
Starts at the top manager down to the leads.
Other warehouses in the are find the staff disturbing.
Pros
Cons
They will shut down because of the descrimination towards non punjabi worker
Good
Order Picker and packing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2018
They shut down weekend shift for simple reason that is really unacceptable and unfair our shift guys worked extremely hard but this is how you pay respect ?
Good company
Customer Service Lead Ocean Import-Exports (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2018
Good company, but MTL branch is being abandoned lately. I hope management gave us an idea about where the company is heading now. We don't feel a lot of stability lately.
Pros
Nice co-workers.
Cons
Lack of leadership.
Excellent working environment
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 January 2018
Enjoyed working in excellent and challenging environment. Appointed as a team leader in 4 weeks. Also got hired permanently in 4 months. Enjoyed learning a lot from friendly management.
Horrible place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC9 January 2018
The Management team is so disconnected from what actually happens on the floor.

An Operations Supervisor and his Team Lead had all associates in their area petition for them to be fired 3x and not only did nothing happen, one is now promoted to a Flow manager position on afternoons and his team lead got promoted to an Operations Supervisor on top of the fact that they sleep together! Unreal.

No sense of pride working for such a dead end place. They move Supervisors on a whim, they verbally abuse their associates and most of the supervisors have no clue what to do as there is no real training offered. On top of the fact that its the worst warehouse in DB Schenker in Canada for MHE accidents, again, no training.

They have lost so many good people here due to their poor attitudes and the total disconnect to the reality of the building.

Many have been warned about working for this company and all the rumors are true. This facility has such a poor reputation, most East Indians in Surrey know all about it and refuse to work there!
Productive and Positive Invironment
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  St peters Mo30 December 2017
A typical work day for me is to come to work on time, follow instructions, work well and accordingly with co workers. One way I Iearn is doing hands on assignments. I work well with managements and instruct orders well. My work culture is field with diversity individuals. I don't have a hard part on the job because I take my time to comprehend and follow orders. The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting new people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not being able to finish assignment
enviornment is good
Data entry clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2017
Its great environment to work. I work as data entry clerk but I learn also have the ability to do customs clearances which I have the previous experiences in this field. I always look forward to learn new experience and like to keep growing myself.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
Great place to work . Enjoyed working there . Staff friendly and helpful. Great Boss. Great Location Good Hours. Barbecues and free lunches and Great Christmas lunches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.