D.P. Murphy Inc Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE19 October 2018
Overall, somewhat enjoyable work environment. Stressful at times. Some co-workers were great to work with while others stood around and did nothing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers.
Hard and manipulative
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE14 October 2018
D.P Murphy Inc. was not as positive of an environment as would have liked to believe. The students were mistreated and given unfair schedules that interfered with their schooling, and yet no matter how many times there was a complaint about it, the managers did nothing. It was a very stressful, and negative environment.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
unfair treatment of students
Great people to work with!
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE14 September 2018
All the people who work at tim hortons are very friendly and great to work with. I enjoy meeting new people at work and learning new things. Overall a great experience!
Pros
flexible shifts, great benefits
Fast paced work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 August 2018
Flexible work hours and understanding management. I have learned to work together as a team as well as completing tasks on my own. I enjoy speaking with the customers. I have had the opportunity to be trained for many positions in the store which helps me to be flexible and adaptable. The only difficulty is working when we are short staffed.
Pros
discount on meals and regular purchases, gym membership
Cons
early morning shifts-needing to be there at 3 am when baking.
Great coworkers and a fast, productive workplace
Team Member, Tim Hortons (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2018
- Hardest part of the job is keeping everything clean and ensuring product freshness while keeping food costs at a minimum.

- I learned how to handle customer questions and work as efficiently as possible while keeping food cost and waste at a minimum. Also learned how to manage a team as a supervisor, giving objectives for everyone and maintaining a clean workplace. Another aspect is how to prepare, bake, decorate and serve food.

- The coworkers can be the best part or the worst part of the job. I got along with most people including the more troublesome coworkers. One of the things I learned is that no one deserves to be disrespected in a workplace no matter the situation.
Pros
50% discount on food, flexible schedule even for full-time
Cons
Supervisors are unprofessional, customers are extremely rude at times
Horrible People
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE1 June 2018
I worked in the head office for this company for nearly 3 years and every single day was awful. They make sure to let their staff know that they are not valued and easily replaceable. They will do absolutely everything they can to exploit their staff and their customers. They discriminate against people who have mental health problems. The sickest part about them is that they hide their slimyness behind some charity work, which does not come even close to making up for how poorly they treat people. The place is riddled with nepotism and corruption.
Pros
Cons
Greedy, abusive, untrustworthy, exploitive
It's a great place to work made for people persons who are outgoing and hard workers they give u the development that u would need to start in workpla
Assistant Manager-water.st timhortons (Current Employee) –  Summerside, PE4 May 2018
I love the work at the store it's a great place.Staff and customers have open and close relationships.Its a fast paced environment always on the go.I am part of the management crew of my location and I find we are good to our staff and try and meet their needs such as scheduling,and providing good environments for them.We have an open door policy for them weather it's for work or personal.
Pros
Good benifts
Cons
Having to get shifts covered when staff call in and can't wor which happens daily
Productive and fast pace
Tim Hortons -Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE26 September 2017
I've learned over the years many different ways to manage, to work with others and how to be productive and efficient. Not only that but how to work as a team and to work independently.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Working every holiday
Dp Murphy Wendy's branch
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2017
Ever since Wendy's Corp has switched over to Dp Murphy, the willingness to work of the employees has decreased. It is hard to get a raise. At this point, you need to ask for an evaluation or else they'll never do one so you can get a raise. There are no benefits. No health insurance or dental. No sick days with pay. And some restaurants stay open past 11 pm and the night crew does not get paid extra for that.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
no benefits
Good starter job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montague, PE23 June 2017
Good type of job for a young person starting out in the work force. High pace environment and stressful for a coffee shop. Management is the reason i have left for many reasons, definitely not a job to make a career out of. Best part of the day was break time.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2016
I learned how to be more motivated at work, having more confidence, to communicate with others and clients, having good people at work .
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2016
I learned how to be more motivated at work, to communicate to others, I like when it is rush time mostly in the morning and working with good people.
Fun place to work love serving the guests
Operations Leader/General Manager (Current Employee) –  CharlottetownPEI30 August 2015
Fun Place to work Love serving the guest. I am one of the operation leaders in the company which allow me to get to know all team members in all of the restaurants. Love to meet all the Team Memebers
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours Not much Time to spend with family
Was like any job at a fast food restaraunt.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Stratford PE16 September 2014
I loved who I worked with as the team was always so friendly and open. Some of the management staff could've been more friendly towards working with the youth, the only downside was that i only was able to advance into a baking position and never into a supervisor position and i felt like they underestimated my potential because i am an early adult.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
didn't see potential
I really enjoyed my job at D.P Murphy
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, PE15 September 2013
A typical day at work for me would be loud and rambunctious and an exciting day at work.I learned how to drive a zero turn I also worked under pressure a lot at D.P. Murphy and it gave me a lot of experience. The type of management I had pushed me hard and they were really great to get along with. The type of people I worked with are they were nice and I helped them more then they helped me during my experience. I didn't find anything hard or challenging about my job there. The most enjoyable part about my job is the wet and rain I love working in the wet and cold weather i find it more enjoyable then the other weather.
Pros
I liked everything about working there.
Cons
I did not dislike anything.
Fast food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE21 March 2013
Very stressful long hours, Minimum wage and working on your feet all day or night. Many obligations to fulfill.
Face paced enviroment
crew (Current Employee) –  charlottetown3 March 2013
All right company i guess. You work like a dog for nothing and the managment teams are ignornant ppl who think their better then you
Pros
discount card
Cons
very greedy company, ignornant mangment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D.P. Murphy Inc. Our community is ready to answer.