D.P. Murphy Inc

D.P. Murphy Inc Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
If you can handle the stress and fast pace of this kind of job, then this is a great place to work. Minimum wage and can never get ahead but it’s worth it to have the flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Stressful
parfois quand l equipe n est pas organiser ca peut devenir stressant sinon tout est bien :)
They are willing to throw employees who have been there, dedicated to the company under the bus for training they never provided. They are willing to demote and eliminate management positions based on wanting to make more money. They overwork their staff with no regard for their well being, mental or physical health.

Staff were amazing, the work environment, benefits and job security are little to none. They have non regard for their employee's lives outside of work. Dedication to their company means nothing to them, no matter how long you have been there.
DP Murphy has had great success in the hospitality space and is proud of its record in offering first in class service within its restaurants and hotels. It is a fun and challenging place to work because the company is actively growing and expanding in several provinces. The corporate culture is friendly and supportive.
I feel It is not my place to add anything further,its up to an individual to make their own assessments and experience it for themselves with an unbiased outlook
Fast paced job. Not much to learn as its just routine but you build relationship with the crew which is very important in an organization. Safe environment
Great company to work with.
Knowledgeable managers.

My manager was amazing to work with and she went above and beyond for you. Always something new to learn.
Overall, somewhat enjoyable work environment. Stressful at times. Some co-workers were great to work with while others stood around and did nothing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers.
D.P Murphy Inc. was not as positive of an environment as would have liked to believe. The students were mistreated and given unfair schedules that interfered with their schooling, and yet no matter how many times there was a complaint about it, the managers did nothing. It was a very stressful, and negative environment.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
unfair treatment of students
All the people who work at tim hortons are very friendly and great to work with. I enjoy meeting new people at work and learning new things. Overall a great experience!
Pros
flexible shifts, great benefits
Flexible work hours and understanding management. I have learned to work together as a team as well as completing tasks on my own. I enjoy speaking with the customers. I have had the opportunity to be trained for many positions in the store which helps me to be flexible and adaptable. The only difficulty is working when we are short staffed.
Pros
discount on meals and regular purchases, gym membership
Cons
early morning shifts-needing to be there at 3 am when baking.
- Hardest part of the job is keeping everything clean and ensuring product freshness while keeping food costs at a minimum.

- I learned how to handle customer questions and work as efficiently as possible while keeping food cost and waste at a minimum. Also learned how to manage a team as a supervisor, giving objectives for everyone and maintaining a clean workplace. Another aspect is how to prepare, bake, decorate and serve food.

- The coworkers can be the best part or the worst part of the job. I got along with most people including the more troublesome coworkers. One of the things I learned is that no one deserves to be disrespected in a workplace no matter the situation.
Pros
50% discount on food, flexible schedule even for full-time
Cons
Supervisors are unprofessional, customers are extremely rude at times
I worked in the head office for this company for nearly 3 years and every single day was awful. They make sure to let their staff know that they are not valued and easily replaceable. They will do absolutely everything they can to exploit their staff and their customers. They discriminate against people who have mental health problems. The sickest part about them is that they hide their slimyness behind some charity work, which does not come even close to making up for how poorly they treat people. The place is riddled with nepotism and corruption.
Pros
Cons
Greedy, abusive, untrustworthy, exploitive
I love the work at the store it's a great place.Staff and customers have open and close relationships.Its a fast paced environment always on the go.I am part of the management crew of my location and I find we are good to our staff and try and meet their needs such as scheduling,and providing good environments for them.We have an open door policy for them weather it's for work or personal.
Pros
Good benifts
Cons
Having to get shifts covered when staff call in and can't wor which happens daily
I've learned over the years many different ways to manage, to work with others and how to be productive and efficient. Not only that but how to work as a team and to work independently.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Working every holiday
Ever since Wendy's Corp has switched over to Dp Murphy, the willingness to work of the employees has decreased. It is hard to get a raise. At this point, you need to ask for an evaluation or else they'll never do one so you can get a raise. There are no benefits. No health insurance or dental. No sick days with pay. And some restaurants stay open past 11 pm and the night crew does not get paid extra for that.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
no benefits
Good type of job for a young person starting out in the work force. High pace environment and stressful for a coffee shop. Management is the reason i have left for many reasons, definitely not a job to make a career out of. Best part of the day was break time.
I learned how to be more motivated at work, having more confidence, to communicate with others and clients, having good people at work .
I learned how to be more motivated at work, to communicate to others, I like when it is rush time mostly in the morning and working with good people.
Fun Place to work Love serving the guest. I am one of the operation leaders in the company which allow me to get to know all team members in all of the restaurants. Love to meet all the Team Memebers
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours Not much Time to spend with family
I loved who I worked with as the team was always so friendly and open. Some of the management staff could've been more friendly towards working with the youth, the only downside was that i only was able to advance into a baking position and never into a supervisor position and i felt like they underestimated my potential because i am an early adult.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
didn't see potential