Cypher Systems Group Employee Reviews

progessional faced paced atmosphere, cutting edge technology
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  windsor, ontario, CA20 June 2018
reviewing, supporting, mentoring staff during fast paced customer service oriented health care business. managing clients with injuries and illness outside the country. providing cost saving measures and meeting insurance timelines and quality of care measures
Pros
great atmosphere, professional
Productive and fun workplace
Business Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2018
This is a company with friendly co-workers and atmosphere. Management is great and always willing to work together and provide help to come to a successful resolution.
Good people
Sr Developer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2018
Standard workplace run by good people. Work varies widely from division to division. Very friendly environment. Annual salary review. Mostly working with auto and home insurance
A Great Place to start a career
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2018
It is a call center which is not for everyone, but they train you and make it possible to get your RIBO and they pay for it. There are benefits and RRSPs. It is a good place to work.
Great Company
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 February 2018
Paid Training, Lots of support, friendly atmosphere, hours can be adjusted when required. Management is approachable. Commission and Bonus' are easily attained. .
Opportunities to learn, but low wages
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2018
CSG appears to be willing to train new staff rather than pay more to retain experienced staff. There are lots of good people who are willing to help you learn new skills.
Stressful Job but Great Workplace Culture
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2018
I worked in the Travel Insurance division of Cypher Systems called Active Care Management for 6 months, because truthfully I couldn't take another day there. The hours you are scheduled to work vary on a weekly basis (7am-3pm, 8am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 12pm-8pm, 3pm-11pm) and includes working on weekends; sometimes just 1 day or both Saturday and Sunday, and working Holidays since this company is open 24/7, 365 days a year.

Before this job, I didn't even know anything regarding travel insurance so I had to learn quick. CSC Group did an excellent job during my 2 week training program of preparing me and my fellow co-workers of the ins and outs of the business. With that said, the job was extremely stressful; you deal with people over the phone who can be going through extremely difficult situations and even life threatening during or before their travels. You are the very first person they speak to and ultimately start their insurance claim/case. You go through policy wording to see if their situation is covered by the insurance; and when it isn't...good luck. I have been called every name in the book, screamed at on a daily basis and even shed a few (a lot) tears at work. It's tough. You do get Team Leaders that help and assist you if you have any questions or need help (they are GREAT) and can always approach fellow co-workers for advice. But you are constantly stressed out; not knowing what the next call will be like. The customer service coordinator role is what I called a "dumping station" because it involves an array of different jobs from the different departments of Active
  more... Care Management.

Truthfully, there are SO many negatives about this job especially pay and benefits. I stared at a computer screen for 8 hours a day, every single day and there was NO eye/vision coverage. When I told HR this during my exit meeting they stated every single employee feels this way. Not to mention you get paid the bare minimum for a job that takes the life out of you- emotionally and physically. Now, I could be working at a Tim Horton's or a retail store and make roughly the exact amount I would have made an hour at CSC.

But, there are positives about the job. It does give you the opportunity to help others- and that is extremely satisfying. In terms of workplace culture, I have never worked with so many kind, intelligent and nice people in my life. I was truly blessed with amazing co-workers and Team Leaders that made the bad days easier, and the good days even more enjoyable. Also, the company puts on events/parties throughout the year that are truly unbelievable and at the office regularly through mini events (like a pizza lunch, ice cream bar, hot dogs during the summertime etc).
Pros
Great co-workers and company parties
Cons
Working holidays/weekends, hours and days vary
Great if you want to see incompetent people being advanced
Insurance Broker; Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 January 2018
The level of incompetence at management levels is astounding. The salary is barely above minimum wage and the commission is less than 1% on total amount of policies you sell. Your work like a dog to get mere scraps. Horrible company.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Terrible place tow work
Insurance Broker (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 January 2018
Constant favoritism going on in the office. terrble benefits they didnt even raise anyones wage when minimum wage went up. they even proudly displayed confederate flags one day at work. terrible work culture and management is the worst i have seen in all my years.
The best company i've ever worked for
Customer service insurance broker (Current Employee) –  Windsor12 January 2018
The hardest part of getting hired on was passing the ribo exam. Lots of learning about insurance. The company pays for all the training and if they like you and you don't pass the exam the first time they may let you try again and hire you back on.

I work in auto/home insurance. I recently got moved to another brokerage within cypher systems group and work 9-5 with an occasional 10-6 that is on a rotational basis. No weekends. I got a raise within 6 months of being with the company. Found that very generous because my past employers never gave raises and the ones that did were like .05 cents extra an hour. This was a decent raise for a new employee.

It can be very overwhelming especially in training. But once you start on the floor they have broker coaches who help you and they don't push you to take many calls. They let you go at your own pace. They are never on you about your time off the phones. The supervisors and senior brokers are very understanding. You have a lot of responsibility but once you get more experience the better it is. On average I take 13-15 calls a day on a busy day. The hardest part is learning home insurance because there a much more info that goes into it and you don't take as many calls as you do with auto. Also you'll have an occasional call about a recent accident and that can be tough. The management and supervisors want you to succeed and they want loyal employees. I love my job and very thankful to have it. I've worked for many bad employers and this company is definitely not one of them.

People can complain about lower pay for an insurance
  more... broker but if you work hard and show loyalty you will get raises. There is also ways to make commission even as a customer service broker.

I highly recommend to work here.
Pros
Decent pay, lots of training, good hours, weekends off, work parties
Cons
Huge learning curve - always something new to learn
pay is significantly under industry standard
accounts manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 December 2017
Great place to get started in the insurance industry.
Great training program.
Good Co-workers.
Great hours.
Micro managing is too much, I feel if we are good enough to be hired and if we make it through the training, are given binding authority, and take calls on our own then we should not be subjected to that level of micro managing.
The calls are 100% voice recorded, random calls are pulled and reviewed for coaching purposes. But there is a computer system tracking every call and is set to search for certain words, also it scores us for repetative word use eat. This is the system they use to determine if we make bonus and is used to determine raises. This system tracks internal call as well, not fair system.
Pros
hours
Cons
micro managing
Great working environment with great work life balance however salary is in the lower range compared to the workload for a licensed insurance broker.
Client Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 June 2017
Great working environment with great work and life balance however salary is in the lower range compared to the workload for a licensed insurance broker.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Salary
Fulltime job yes, money and success, no
Insurance broker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, on6 June 2017
I had worked for cypher systems for 7 yrs.
Within 7yrs as a top performer and continually hitting targets and tiers i was NEVER recognized or treated anyway different than a brand new broker with zero training and lack of knowledge.

Within 7yrs i made 2000$ more in salary than a brand new broker.
You are told that you work days and a rare afternoon shift which is INCORRECT and that there are no saturdays; also 100% incorrect

There are a select few brokers, team leaders or managers that ACTUALLY care about their staff.
The brokers on the phone, working hard, taking calls, listening amd fighting for money are nothing more than a " id number",on a piece of paper.

Sure there is opportunity to grow; if they like you and want you to grow. If not you stay where you are and "deal with it". The owners of the company have no idea of what is actually going on and i feel if they did, things would change. I would hope so anyways being this is a family run company.

They under pay in salary , by 1000s after giving a "career" and the reason there is high turn over is because voices are deflected, youre told to get over it and everyone is rated and treated the same NOT individually.

Hard working staff leave and go where they are appreciated and sadly thats not the case here.your minimalist staff stay and sit around doing nothing because NOBODY is making money anymore

goodluck if you apply, you will regret it!
Great place to work!
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 June 2017
I've been in the sales department for PC insurance for over a year and it's been great! We are a close team and everyone helps each other out. At first it's a lot of information but it's paid training and there's a lot of support. The Team Leaders and Sales Manager are awesome they are involved and very helpful.
Pros
Fun, great co-workers, management cares, potential to make alot of commission after only a few months, leads come to you so no cold calling
Cons
Winter is slow, shifts until 7
Don't work here
Insurance broker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 April 2017
There's a reason this company is always looking for workers. Few people stay. The pay is barely minimum wage and the managers are inexperienced. They are vindictive and love to play mind games.
Pros
Cons
Low pay. No support.
Fun Place
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 April 2017
Great work environment and the employees are well cared for. Awesome supervisors that always care for their employees. Great benefits as well. Flexible schedules
Not a fair environment
Sales Broker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 January 2017
Worked there for five years and always gave it my best. Moved to a sales role at Inova and was fired due to not meeting sales expectations. This company does not value employees. I was continually being picked by my team leader and made to feel like I wasn't going to ever succeed in this role or company. Glad I was fired, working my dream job and I'm doing exactly what I love.
Great culture but job is undervalued
Server Broker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 January 2017
If only I had listened to the reviews before I was hired on, I could have avoided an unfit position. The call center environment is not for everyone and you really cannot be sensitive to the verbal abuse from dealing with difficult customers on a daily basis in order to work here. The job is stressful but stimulating as each situation is unique and requires a comprehensive knowledge of each insurance company's policy and the rules are constantly changing. You will have all the training and support you need but the structure is so rigid for quality assurance that you will feel micromanaged and there is no flexibility in solving customer concerns. Legitimate claims and concerns are repeatedly denied and it is no wonder the client's are all upset. But you will scored on your ability to handle the client's unrealistic demands as the program they use will pick up any aggravation in verbal tone, including the client, even when you are following the standard procedure. Your performance is scored unrealistically and is not aligned with the company's expectations. Even when meeting or exceeding the performance standards there is very little compensation. There is little incentive to stay with the compensation not matching the job requirements as well as no dental or vision. If you have the ability to deal with the daily stress and are motivated you will move up in a company with a great team, eventually some years later, but the turnover is high as not everyone is capable of becoming an insensitive drone.
Pros
Leadership, training, teamwork
Cons
Verbal abuse, unrealistic performance goals, pay
Rewarding
Active Care Management - Claims Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2017
CSG is a leading member of the Windsor/Essex community, Being a part of this team was rewarding on many levels. I enjoyed the customer facing aspect of my role and the behind the lines support I was able to offer my peers
Friendly work environment
SERVICE BROKER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 January 2017
A routine day at work would involve providing customers with assistance towards their auto/home insurance.

I learned how to use customer relationship management software and how to communicate professionally with clients.

Management was very friendly and provided assistance when needed.

Co-workers supported each other, and were polite.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry/rude clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was comfortable hours and very flexible with my school schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cypher Systems Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Cypher Systems Group Reviews by Location