CWB Group

CWB Group Employee Reviews

A decent place to work with good productivity

I had a lot of accounts receivable and collections exposure. The staff is friendly. There is work available to everyone that is hired. They even have a gym for fitness.

No advancement, terrible pay

1. Absolutely no advancement/ growth opportunities. Company has a mouthful of lateral roles only to move around people and term these as “advancement”. In fact, you are stuck in the level you had joined. Company hires only outsiders in management positions. Also, the more you know about the business the less opportunity you will have here as the senior management will consider you as a threat.2. Extremely terrible pay. Beyond comparison, just remember, you are literally paid 25-40% less than your worth in this company. And the sorry part is, it will not go up. Annual performance bonus is a joke, may not be even half of your biweekly paycheque. 3. Inept senior management team, more keen on personal gains than the future of the company. Needs a complete overhaul.Then who are working here? Folks with issues and got stuck, cannot move easily for various reasons, e.g. family, kid’s school etc. And a significant number of employees are simply waiting for their retirement.

Pros

Retirement benefit

Cons

No advancement opportunities, extremely poor pay.

Good Company

Work is mostly administration and regulatory work; codes and standards, the certification of individuals, companies and products. Most roles are remote - on-site welder and shop certification. Also has other business lines and departments that may be of interest (Sales, Engineering, Training, Auditing). Great office environment for those hired at HQ.

Forward thinking friendly workplace.

Appreciated the forward thinking and planning the company had in place as COVID started. Was a friendly and encouraging place to work before the social distancing and work from home restrictions were required.

Great People

Great People, Benefits are average but attempts are made to encourage employee engagement and conflict resolution at senior levels. It's a great place to start a career.

Productive and relaxed work experience.

Friendly co-workers, always willing to help. State-of-the-art technology available, with technical support immediately dealt with. Very relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Loved the experience.

Senior Executive Weakness

Senior executive is more intent on personal compensation rather than the companies health and growth. Complete executive team turn-over in less than a year

Not worth it !!

Even though the pay was good. I was told a lot of things, in the beginning. Only for it to be turned on me. I have never had a job bring tears to my eyes. As for job and life balance, not going to happen. They expect you to read and bring work home. All I can say is that the pay is not worth the tears and how they make you feel. I rather work for minimum wage as a telemarketer.

Terrible Place to Work

this company keeps the bad people and gets rid of the good ones. The same upper management have been there forever and they are stagnant and old school. Forget the HR department they just do whatever the uneducated managers tell them to do . They make it sound exciting to work there but you will regret it .

Pros

nothing

Cons

fear of job loss every day

Excellent awesome

Good work site and supervisors. Good co-workers and friendly environment. Close to home and does not need long hour of driving to get to work and therefore save on gas.

Pros

Excellent

Cons

Excellent

Jobs at CWB Group

See more jobs

Management is horrible.

Company is more focused on sales than they are on administration on behalf of the CSA standard. This company lacks a backbone. Management is deceitful and fails to support their staff.

Great Place to work!

It is nice to have a place to work where I am genuinely happy to go to on a daily basis. The building itself is lovely and the people inside are even better. There is definitely a feeling of being a part of a "team", and a valued employee. Work hours are flexible, benefits and pension are amazing.

Worst Manager

I have a lot to say about how terrible I was treated here. I've been gone for 3 months and it still bothers me. My manager that was supposed to train me barely did that and then of course it reflected bad on me and then I lost my job because he didn't do his. I was only there for 3 months. He also said that after i visited my customers, to go home and work even if it was later at night. Micromanagement is another issue. He wanted to know exactly what i was doing everyday and then call me while I was at customer sites. My job was to go see customers, yet, he told me doing face-to-face was a waste of time.

Pros

Work Colleagueswere good

Cons

Terrible management, Unrealistic Expectations for hours, Uncomfortable office environment

Never a thank you

This is an organization that rewards great performance with additional work, if you dare speak up you are labelled as someone who has a negative attitude that has to be terminated. The senior team cares about no one other than themselves and are too busy pointing fingers at others to address real issues within the organization. If feeling appreciated and valued is important to you, this is not the place for you.

Very Biased management

The girl at the front watches TV while dealing with clients, the management favors some employees and chastises others, seem to be very out of touch with what the company actually looks like to the general public. So many inspectors out there, where are they inspecting with all the welders out of work?

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Biased management, same lunches all the time

Overworked under appreciated

I don’t even know where to start. This is a Terrible place to work! Poor training, overworked, no appreciation, and by far the worst industry pay. Don’t work for these people

Pros

Cons

Micro managed

Terrible place to work

If you have ambitions in the welding industry this is not the place for you. The pay is bad, really bad. The hours and work load are crazy at times. No understanding of work/life balance. Cuts to benefits. Too many people who know virtually nothing about the act of welding and then pretend they know it all. And watch your back. People in this company love to see others get canned.

Pros

Virtually none

Cons

Too many to note.

Poorly Managed

Great Job, low pay and long hours. Would never recommend this company to an adversary let alone a friend. If you like disappointment and a manger to tell you how to do a job you already know how to do this is the place for you.

Not a place recomended to work

Very poor management. There is no teamwork between departments. I did enjoy the actual work I preformed but dealing with the political garbage was just too much.

Maintain certifications

Not a bad place to work but, not many advancement opportunities. Seems like the position you are hired for is the one you are stuck with. Great benefits and good pension and RRSP plans.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No advancement

No Work life balance

Very long unappreciated hours of work. Management does not stand behind their employees and expect that you will put in whatever hours are required to get the job done without compensation.

Pros

free courses with conditions

Cons

No work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CWB Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

2.0Job security/advancement

Compare CWB Group with

• CWB Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?