Play YouTube video button

CWB Financial Group Employee Reviews

Canada85 reviews
Featured review
CWB Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Its a great place to work
Work culture makes you feel like one big family

Highly collaborative and supportive teams

Injection of fun here and there

Work/Life balance
I was a teller and unfortunately the majority of management were extremely toxic to work for. Very judgmental, condescending and racist. I would not work there again. The job itself was pleasant but the training was not done well and made it hard for me to understand things.
While the experience of working there was not so long, it was a great learning experiences. The management team however micro manages and sadly leaves less room for personal creative freedom and growth.
Canadian Western Bank is an exceptional organization. The executive management team is well established in the community and combines extensive experience in finance with progressive business practices.
It was many years ago that I worked for CWB and what I remember most about being there was the daily fun we had. People worked well together and they were always going above and beyond to make each day a success for everyone.
I really did not enjoy my years at CWB and the culture of the company. It feels like a really lame version of a bank and most people assume it's a credit union. The products are hard to sell and Corporate office is incredibly difficult to deal with. Policy is written on the spot. It feels like a place where crusty old bankers from other FI's end up when they want an easier job.
Good work culture to advance your career and the management help in personal development of its employees. Co-workers are very helpful if you need assistance.
Working here was great the people are nice ans the offices were always clean. Thank you for the opportunity. anyone would be lucky to have a job here.
CWB is a great place to work. Benefits are one of the top in the industry. Offers great work environment. Both management, job culture are world class.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CWB Financial Group?
One thing I enjoyed while working here was the freedom to one's creativity in proffering solution to business problems. CWB possess really smart people and it was a great to have worked with them.
Didn't like the culture here. very toxic environment. Was not a good fit for me. The culture here was different and very straining. Environment cold be better
CWB felt like a family. Great effort was made in Change management for all employees when the banking system was replaced. I feel the organization did a great job with implementation and follow through.
The most enjoyable part of this job was team work, good management and good beneficent. Flaxable business hours, lots over time, company will pay you school fees for job related.
Horrible management team, from CEO all the way down to middle management. HR is a group of women who hate men. No due process for men in the company. The place will blow soon.
In a competitive and hard-working environment, I found it easy to fit in and thrive. They were welcoming and strongly valued mentorship. I would recommend Canadian Western Bank to friends and family.
I had to leave CWB to move back to my home town, where there wasn't a branch. Otherwise I would still be there. They are glowing fast and going through many changes but they are doing it with respect to their staff and keeping everyone informed along the way
Its a good and productive environment, you learn a lot and produce a lot. in general it is a good experience however it depends to locations and teams.
Ever since I worked with Canadian Western Bank, my work performance is always Meets Expectations. Work with less supervision, always a Team Player and over all and above loyal to the company.
A rare Canadian FI outside of the Toronto area.
Small bank that is still transforming to increase local market share. Actively attempting to embrace the trends and practises of the bigger boys.
I loved the work at Canadian Western Bank in Edmonton, Alberta. I loved the team work and the collaboration and cooperation of all those who worked with me.
Managers micro manages everything you do. Systems are outdated, they go down a lot. The work environment is terrible, they make you come in early two times a week for meetings that are 80% of the time not usefully or relevant. Managers are all buddies and treat the rest of the staff like slaves passing off all the work they don't want to do so they can spend more time chatting. They love to focus on the negative and never tell you when you are doing a good job. They talk badly about clients that don't have a high credit score or they just don't like. They degrade their employees that work under them. Working as a team doesn't happen in this location. No room for advancement at that location either. They hire their friends with out even giving proper interviews. They take the social fund money that comes out of your pay and put it towards stuff they want to do and don't involve the rest of the staff. Branch Manager, and Branch supervisors need to learn how to treat all staff fairly.