Cutting Edge Landscaping Employee Reviews

Owner thinks he's god. Management is disorganized and treat employees like bottom feeders.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 October 2018
AVOID

The owner is a joke. I have never worked at a place where the boss treated people like garbage. The company culture is negative and not fun at all. People get fired constantly and quit every day. Revolving door. The company is a joke and uses people and throws them out.
Pros
Cons
Work weekends. Low pay. Cheap company. Have to buy your own PPE.
Good culture, little oversight/micromanaging
Landscaper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB24 April 2018
Shifts were long and exhausting and led for little outside of work. That wasn't too bad since the job itself was kind of fun sometimes, the people were great and working outside is nice. Management left crews to their own devices and allowed them to organise themselves but sometimes management that was good of handling some aspects of the job poked their nose into other parts htey understood very little of, but htey could be handled easily.
Pros
Fun work enviroment
Cons
They had nice trucks and equipment
Landscape Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
The company took pride in providing all the crews with the newest and most up to date trucks and pieces of equipment. Long hours were expected but overall good environment and long paid lunch breaks
Pros
free lunches
Cons
seasonal employment
Hard work is recognized and atmosphere is positive
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB28 August 2017
I spent two seasons with Cutting Edge and had a great experience and made good money for the school year. As with all jobs, there are some challenges with people but that exists everywhere. You are not going to like everyone you work with. They pay on time, they have lots of work, they reward hard work, and they show appreciation to their staff. I learned a lot about plants, installations, grading, and general construction. There were some problem employees that stayed under the radar but they were discovered over time. I recommend this company to anyone that likes hard work for good pay.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, good wages, chance for advancement
Cons
long hours, work weekends
good company bad team leaders
Maintenance Labourer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 April 2017
this company is an excellent choice for students that wish to save money for schooling. you will work 60+ hours a week up to 6 months. Perfect for training and safety in the work place.

The management are amazing people that care about their workers. The cons of this is that the team leader will treat you like a number and not a person. Youre expected to work long hours with little or no break times even if management says to take micro breaks. Training is paid out of your pocket and safety equipment is something you will have to pay for at your expense ( guard it with your life from other people).
Pros
long hours and good pay
Cons
team leads treat you like trash
Not a bad summer job, hi turnover shuns career opportunities
Water Pump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2016
I worked there for approx half a year. I enjoyed working on my own at my own pace for decent hourly wage.

A day would be showing up early in the morning, do my pre trips, find out where I was headed in the truckers meeting, go to sights, hook up to hydrants to fill my truck, water everything they requested, head to the other sights to repeat the process, head back to the shop, gas up the truck, sign out, and bail.

I learned a lot about Edmonton's layout, about plants, driving and maintaining my truck, be more patient than those generally around you.

The hardest part of the job was actually the co workers and management. The inner circle politics created a lot of unnecessary friction between groups. Folks would be agreeable to your face but everyone was always criticizing everyone else for slacking or just outright failing at their job. I could work from early morning until late afternoon without stopping once, but if someone saw me stop for a drink of water and a sandwich, I was reported for slacking for hours. Beyond the childish "he said/ she said" games, the management is incredibly immature.

The best part of the job was that once you left the shop, you were your own boss and supervisor. You knew what you had to do and didn't need anybody breathing down your neck telling you to do it. You just went out, did your job, came back, and went home.

All in all, good for a summer job. Make your friends, keep to yourself, make your money, go home, and you should be A O K
Pros
OK wages, well kept equipment if you dont drive their trucks, working on your own with out supervision as a driver, probably other things but I dont remember
Cons
Management that forgot what life was like before success, over all junior high school level drama from grown adults, Their automated pay system
Excellent people to work for and with.
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 December 2015
A wonderful company to work for. There will be days that are hard, and there will be days that are longer than others, but the good people you work with make the days easier. A company that cares about the work that they do and will make you passionate to work for them as well.