Custom Building Products

Insights into Custom Building Products

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

Work hard. Get paid.

Good environment to work in. a bit dirty...very dusty. Wages are decent for the work required. There is kind of a Relaxed atmosphere but hard work is required. There is also a good crew of workers.

Great Group Of Coworkers And Fast Days.

The days go by so fast at this place and the guys always have the radio turned up while working away. Constantly rotating through different jobs so you aren’t standing in one place for hours. Only Downside is you Do get dirty but you can wear an outfit so your clothes don’t. Overtime is always completely optional and is offered almost daily for an hour or two.

Pros

Great Environment

Cons

Sometimes Dirty

Not stressful at all, go to work and do your job, nobody looking over your shoulder

Co workers are great, Manager has an open door policy and is always up for just a chat. Only thing to change would be a proper schedule for inbounds and outbound so they don't all show up at the same time.

Pros

Good pay good hours

Cons

No overtime

Could be a great company, higher management has to deal with the facility manager in Cambridge to fix the biggest problem with in the facility. Has no management experience or skills and has no clue how to treat employees. Always coming out yelling and screaming and calling the employees names. If you get hired you will hear all the employees say how unprofessional the Manger is and everyone leaves because of him. Until they replace the plant manager this place will never run like it should. ONE WORD STAY AWAY even if you have to work for a few dollars less the money is not worth how you are treated everyday.

Pros

Money is good, Benefits are great

Cons

Plant manager.

Stay away

The co-workers were great but management treated you horribly! Showed no gratitude for hard work and no room for advancement. Very poorly organized, lack of proper training, major safety hazards and working hazards!! Absolutely stay away from this place

Terrible place to work

I have never worked for a company who doesn’t prioritize the safety of their workers, and I have never worked for more thoughtless, rude, belittling management in any of my careers. Custom building products has the potential to be a great company, offering competitive wages and benefits, but none of that becomes worth it because of management. I have had coworkers reach out to HR in the past only to be met with ridicule and punishment at the hands of Management because HR disclosed the conversation with them. Not only do they openly call their employees “idiots”, “stupid” and other similar slurs, but they’ve also gotten so furious with employees that the door to the office was broken after it was slammed. Attendance and turn over are huge issues at Custom, and I urge HR to come in and consider why people don’t want to come into work. Great team leader on the warehouse side, and a great group of co workers overall, but management makes none of it worth it.

Repetitve, consistent, safe work environment.

production department puts a emphasis on a clean working environment and safety comes first mentality. Learned how to handle being under pressure with a fast paced environment. Learned how to use a forklift with training and additional guidance from supervisor and veteran co-workers. As long as you know what you're doing you'll have an easier time. If you do struggle your co-workers are there to help out and help you refocus to the task at hand. pay is okay, hardest part is getting a raise.sometimes production would slow down because of machine failures but mostly because maintenance guy is incompetent. enjoyed the dynamic between production and lab departments.

Good place to learn more about building products

Work day consisted of shipping and receiving. Order picking, product replenishments, product put-aways. Kept warehouse safe and clean, inventory cycle counts. Loaded flatbed trailers, etc. Learned proper shipping and receiving. Management was in my opinion under qualified, and careless. A lot of other warehouse workers generally friendly. Could use friendlier management. Hardest part of the job was learning how the company orchestrated shipping. Most enjoyable was learning to use forklift for picking, and all other duties.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Short work days

difficult to work with employees and management

it is a everyone for themselves culture. a real lack of communication between departments. false sense of safety due to lack of care from management. no team spirit.

Cons

difficult people to work with

Working at Custom Building Products

CBP is North America's leading supplier for cement related products. When I worked there, I got to learn all aspects of the warehouse tasks and also received great extended health benefits. A great company to work for.

Pros

Can learn a lot from the job and provides free training

Cons

Staff often don't get along well

consistent, safe and steady work. good group of guys.

pick orders using a handheld scanner. double check then wrap pallets. stage full orders to be loaded when truck arrives. cycle counts daily along with cleanup at the end of shift.

Pros

good employees. easy repetitive system.

Cons

raises. faveriotism. pay structure.

Hard-worker

My job duties included processing payroll, adminstration of benefits, and all aspects of a Human Resources Manager. I work well with employees and brought humour to the workplace. I believe in team work with no limits to levels or seniority. I had 100% accuracy for processing payroll and contributed all my efforts in all job duties assigned to me.

Pros

Loved the employees

Cons

No job stability for tenure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Custom Building Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement