Custom Building Products

Custom Building Products Employee Reviews

production department puts a emphasis on a clean working environment and safety comes first mentality. Learned how to handle being under pressure with a fast paced environment. Learned how to use a forklift with training and additional guidance from supervisor and veteran co-workers. As long as you know what you're doing you'll have an easier time. If you do struggle your co-workers are there to help out and help you refocus to the task at hand. pay is okay, hardest part is getting a raise.sometimes production would slow down because of machine failures but mostly because maintenance guy is incompetent. enjoyed the dynamic between production and lab departments.
Could be a great company, higher management has to deal with the facility manager in Cambridge to fix the biggest problem with in the facility. Has no management experience or skills and has no clue how to treat employees. Always coming out yelling and screaming and calling the employees names. If you get hired you will hear all the employees say how unprofessional the Manger is and everyone leaves because of him. Until they replace the plant manager this place will never run like it should. ONE WORD STAY AWAY even if you have to work for a few dollars less the money is not worth how you are treated everyday.
Pros
Money is good, Benefits are great
Cons
Plant manager.
The co-workers were great but management treated you horribly! Showed no gratitude for hard work and no room for advancement. Very poorly organized, lack of proper training, major safety hazards and working hazards!! Absolutely stay away from this place
I have never worked for a company who doesn’t prioritize the safety of their workers, and I have never worked for more thoughtless, rude, belittling management in any of my careers. Custom building products has the potential to be a great company, offering competitive wages and benefits, but none of that becomes worth it because of management. I have had coworkers reach out to HR in the past only to be met with ridicule and punishment at the hands of Management because HR disclosed the conversation with them. Not only do they openly call their employees “idiots”, “stupid” and other similar slurs, but they’ve also gotten so furious with employees that the door to the office was broken after it was slammed. Attendance and turn over are huge issues at Custom, and I urge HR to come in and consider why people don’t want to come into work. Great team leader on the warehouse side, and a great group of co workers overall, but management makes none of it worth it.
Work day consisted of shipping and receiving. Order picking, product replenishments, product put-aways. Kept warehouse safe and clean, inventory cycle counts. Loaded flatbed trailers, etc. Learned proper shipping and receiving. Management was in my opinion under qualified, and careless. A lot of other warehouse workers generally friendly. Could use friendlier management. Hardest part of the job was learning how the company orchestrated shipping. Most enjoyable was learning to use forklift for picking, and all other duties.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short work days
it is a everyone for themselves culture. a real lack of communication between departments. false sense of safety due to lack of care from management. no team spirit.
Cons
difficult people to work with
CBP is North America's leading supplier for cement related products. When I worked there, I got to learn all aspects of the warehouse tasks and also received great extended health benefits. A great company to work for.
Pros
Can learn a lot from the job and provides free training
Cons
Staff often don't get along well
pick orders using a handheld scanner. double check then wrap pallets. stage full orders to be loaded when truck arrives. cycle counts daily along with cleanup at the end of shift.
Pros
good employees. easy repetitive system.
Cons
raises. faveriotism. pay structure.
My job duties included processing payroll, adminstration of benefits, and all aspects of a Human Resources Manager. I work well with employees and brought humour to the workplace. I believe in team work with no limits to levels or seniority. I had 100% accuracy for processing payroll and contributed all my efforts in all job duties assigned to me.
Pros
Loved the employees
Cons
No job stability for tenure